Jihad Threats Against Netherlands

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Netherlands Braces for 'Jihad'
By Anthony Deutsch
ASSOCIATED PRESS

THE HAGUE — The Dutch government yesterday vowed tough measures against what a leading politician called "the arrival of jihad in the Netherlands" after a death threat to a Dutch lawmaker was found spiked with a knife to the body of a slain filmmaker by his radical Muslim attacker.

A five-page letter released Thursday night by the justice minister forced political leaders — including Amsterdam's Jewish mayor and members of parliament — to take on bodyguards.

The document, attached to the body of filmmaker Theo van Gogh, was titled "An Open Letter to [Aayan] Hirsi Ali," referring to a Somali-born member of parliament. She had scripted Mr. van Gogh's latest film, "Submission," which criticized the treatment of women under Islam. Miss Hirsi Ali, who calls herself an ex-Muslim, has gone into hiding. "Death, Ms. Hirsi Ali, is the common theme of all that exists. You and the rest of the cosmos cannot escape this truth," the letter said.

"There will come a day when one soul cannot help another soul. A day that goes paired with terrible tortures, ... when the unjust will press horrible screams from their lungs.

"Screams, Ms. Hirsi Ali, that will cause chills to run down a person's back and make the hairs on their heads stand straight up. People will be drunk with fear while they are not drunken. Fear will fill the air on the Great Day," the letter said.

"I know definitely that you, Oh America, will go down. I know definitely that you, Oh Europe, will go down. I know definitely that you, Oh Netherlands, will go down. I know definitely that you, Oh Hirsi Ali, will go down," it said.

Deputy Prime Minister Gerrit Zalm agreed with comments by other politicians who called Mr. van Gogh's slaying a declaration of Islamic jihad, or "holy war."
"We are not going to tolerate this. We are going to ratchet up the fight against this sort of terrorism," he said. "The increase in radicalization is worse than we had thought."

Among measures under consideration is an emergency law to enable authorities to revoke the Dutch nationality of dual citizens suspected of terrorist activity so that they can be deported. Mr. Zalm said the intelligence service, which already has expanded since the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in the United States, would receive more funding to help it monitor potential terrorist recruits.

The suspected killer in the van Gogh case, a 26-year-old Dutch-Moroccan national, was arraigned on six terrorism-related charges. Mr. van Gogh, a descendant of 19th-century Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh, was fatally shot and stabbed Tuesday while cycling down an Amsterdam street. The remains of the provocative social commentator and author, whose throat was slashed in the attack, will be cremated Tuesday in a public service.

The slaying is testing already strained relations between the ethnic Dutch population and the Muslim community. There are about 300,000 Moroccan immigrants in the Netherlands out of a population of 16 million. Mr. Zalm said talks were ongoing with Muslim groups over how to avoid a violent backlash against Muslims.

Arsonists are believed to have set fire to a mosque in the central Dutch city of Utrecht, police spokesman Peter Keijzers said. There were no reports of injuries.

Jozias van Aartsen, parliamentary speaker for the nationalist People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD), the second-largest party in the government of Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende, issued a statement that called Mr. van Gogh's slaying tantamount to a declaration of war. "The jihad has come to the Netherlands and a small group of jihadist terrorists is attacking the principles of our country," he said. "I hope the Netherlands will now move beyond denial and do what is fitting in a democracy — take action. "These people don't want to change our society, they want to destroy it," he said.

The terrorist threat left by Mr. van Gogh's killer carries the ideology of a terrorist movement, Takfir wal Hijra or "Repentance and Flight," which advocates isolation from what it calls the sinful world, Dutch press reported.
Chief prosecutor Leo de Wit said the suspected killer, identified only as Mohammed B., faces at least six terrorism-related counts, including charges of murder and "participating in a criminal organization with terrorist characteristics." The suspect, wounded in the leg in a shootout with police, has refused to talk to investigators. He was arrested with a note in his pocket titled "Drenched in Blood."

Authorities arrested eight other suspects in Mr. van Gogh's slaying and are looking into any links between the suspects and foreign terrorist groups. Two suspects were released, Mr. de Wit said yesterday. Six will be charged with conspiring to commit murder, he said. Prosecutors said all are Islamic radicals of North African ancestry. Four also were arrested Oct. 23 on suspicion of plotting a terrorist attack but were released for lack of evidence. Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner told parliament the four had contacts with a suspect in last year's Casablanca bombings.

I am afraid it may be too little too late. That region has already catered to so many Muslims that they feel they run the joint. That and instead of being prudent against psycho Islam the Netherlanders are going to go to the extreme and form possible lynch mobs. I am telling all of you right here right now...World War three will begin in Europe and NOT the Middle East.

What we are seeing in the Middle East is NOTHING compared to what is about to take place in Europe. Capitulation to immigration is the first form of slavery.

Upon hearing this story, people draw the conclusion that the reason for these threats is because the Netherlands is a coalition country, but underneath is the real reason: the mass immigration of Muslims into the Netherlands to the extent that, if continued, the Netherlands could become a Muslim country through population alone. The Muslims have made no effort to assimilate into the Dutch culture; on the contrary, they are trying to impose their culture on the Dutch. A lesson here for countries that turn a blind eye to immigration policies?

Adam's Apple said:
Upon hearing this story, people draw the conclusion that the reason for these threats is because the Netherlands is a coalition country, but underneath is the real reason: the mass immigration of Muslims into the Netherlands to the extent that, if continued, the Netherlands could become a Muslim country through population alone. The Muslims have made no effort to assimilate into the Dutch culture; on the contrary, they are trying to impose their culture on the Dutch. A lesson here for countries that turn a blind eye to immigration policies?

You have hit my point about Sharia law in Canada dead on. Multiculturalism is supposed to promote assimilation of different cultures, not isolation of different groups living within Canadian or any society, that is "differnt" from their own.

"We are not going to tolerate this. We are going to ratchet up the fight against this sort of terrorism," he said. "The increase in radicalization is worse than we had thought."

How bad did they think is was? Probably not so bad as it would affect them.

But the truth is that Muslims DONT want to blend with others they want to rule. It is a mandate from Islam to do so....You are either a Dhimmi or a Muslim that is the only two choices humans will have in the future.

Patriot said:
But the truth is that Muslims DONT want to blend with others they want to rule. It is a mandate from Islam to do so....You are either a Dhimmi or a Muslim that is the only two choices humans will have in the future.

What is a Dhimmi, a none Muslim? BTW, welcome! Don't mind me, I ask a lot of questions. :D

Said1 said:
You have hit my point about Sharia law in Canada dead on. Multiculturalism is supposed to promote assimilation of different cultures, not isolation of different groups living within Canadian or any society, that is "differnt" from their own.

How bad did they think is was? Probably not so bad as it would affect them.

"Multiculturalism" does not promote assimilation of different cultures - sure doesn't here in the U.S. It actually has the opposite effect and prevents the integration of immigrants into the great "melting pot" of America.

ScreamingEagle said:
"Multiculturalism" does not promote assimilation of different cultures - sure doesn't here in the U.S. It actually has the opposite effect and prevents the integration of immigrants into the great "melting pot" of America.

That's why I used the word "supposed" to promote multculturalism. Giving immigrants special "cultural" rights such as Sharia law just encourages them to isolate themselves even further IMHO.

Said1 said:
What is a Dhimmi, a none Muslim? BTW, welcome! Don't mind me, I ask a lot of questions. :D

Dhimmitude is the status that Islamic law, the Sharia, mandates for non-Muslims, primarily Jews and Christians. Dhimmis, "protected people," are free to practice their religion in a Sharia regime, but are made subject to a number of humiliating regulations designed to enforce the Qur'an's command that they "feel themselves subdued" (Sura 9:29). This denial of equality of rights and dignity remains part of the Sharia, and, as such, are part of the law that global jihadists are laboring to impose everywhere, ultimately on the entire human race.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/

Forum List

Back