Jewish Students Report Intimidation as BDS Battle Ignites at University of Michigan

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
U of M has a very large Jewish population actually

rally_um.jpg

Jewish students reported being intimidated and threatened at University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, ahead of a student senate meeting on Tuesday evening, where it will be decided if a vote, which had been indefinitely tabled, will be re-taken after a campus group promoting divestment in Israel staged a sit-in at the weekend to pressure student leaders.

At 7:30 PM on Tuesday, the school’s Central Student Government will reconsider the motion which would call for a vote to ask the school to divest assets from certain companies that do business in Israel or whose products impact areas that the Palestinian Authority claims for a state.

Last week, the CSG voted to table that discussion “indefinitely,” but the meeting turned riotous, as members of SAFE, Students Allied for Freedom and Equality, which published an Op-Ed in the Michigan Daily student paper to make their case, harassed Jewish students who opposed the vote.

The Washington Free Beacon reported on Monday that at least one pro-Israel student “received death threats and that others have allegedly been called ‘kikes’ and ‘dirty Jews’ by backers of the virulently anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement, which aims to delegitimize the Jewish state through economic means.”

Jewish Students Report Intimidation as BDS Battle Ignites at University of Michigan | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

This is my back yard... I would like for some of those punks to threaten me.

Forum List

Back