Jesus is God

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Many people, including some Christians, refuse to believe that Jesus is equal with God. The Bible is clear about this. Jesus Himself said that "I and my Father are one." There is much controversy over what this means. Perhaps this will help clear things up.

I and my Father are one.—The last clause of John 10:29 is identical with the last clause of John 10:28 if we identify “Father’s” with “My.” This our Lord now formally does. The last verses have told of power greater than all, and these words are an assertion that in the infinity of All-mighty Power the Son is one with the Father. They are more than this, for the Greek word for “one” is neuter, and the thought is not, therefore, of unity of person, but is of unity of essence. “The Son is of one substance with the Father.” In the plural “are” there is the assertion of distinctness as against Sabellianism, and in the “one” there is the assertion of co-ordination as against Arianism. At recurring periods in the history of exegesis men have tried to establish that these words do not imply more than unity of will between the Father and the Son. We have seen above that they assert both oneness of power and oneness of nature; but the best answer to all attempts to attach any meaning lower than that of the divinity of our Lord to these His words is found here, as in the parallel instance in John 8:58-59, in the conduct of the Jews themselves. To them the words conveyed but one meaning, and they sought to punish by stoning what seemed to them to be blasphemy. Their reason is here given in express words, “because that Thou, being a man, makest thyself God” (John 10:33).

Many people, including some Christians, refuse to believe that Jesus is equal with God. The Bible is clear about this. Jesus Himself said that "I and my Father are one." There is much controversy over what this means. Perhaps this will help clear things up.

I and my Father are one.—The last clause of John 10:29 is identical with the last clause of John 10:28 if we identify “Father’s” with “My.” This our Lord now formally does. The last verses have told of power greater than all, and these words are an assertion that in the infinity of All-mighty Power the Son is one with the Father. They are more than this, for the Greek word for “one” is neuter, and the thought is not, therefore, of unity of person, but is of unity of essence. “The Son is of one substance with the Father.” In the plural “are” there is the assertion of distinctness as against Sabellianism, and in the “one” there is the assertion of co-ordination as against Arianism. At recurring periods in the history of exegesis men have tried to establish that these words do not imply more than unity of will between the Father and the Son. We have seen above that they assert both oneness of power and oneness of nature; but the best answer to all attempts to attach any meaning lower than that of the divinity of our Lord to these His words is found here, as in the parallel instance in John 8:58-59, in the conduct of the Jews themselves. To them the words conveyed but one meaning, and they sought to punish by stoning what seemed to them to be blasphemy. Their reason is here given in express words, “because that Thou, being a man, makest thyself God” (John 10:33).
Show me one source in Tanach that might lead an educated Jew to accept that God and any possible physical manifestation of a human are one and the same.
Restrict yourself to the Tanach, because when Jesus was preaching, there was no NT.

(Jesus didn't know his name) so when
Avatar4321 stated: that: "only an amnesiac and a complete moron wouldn't know their own name" we have to question what god forgets his own name? What church forgets the name of this father that they never mention a name?
Now you say:
Jesus Himself said that "I and my Father are one."
But he also gave you a clue to that missing name father, by claiming at the end of the Roman joke the punchline in Rev 22:16.
Morning Star is the son of Baal in mythology, making the pagan one world religion based on the myth of Baal (thus using Baal's Dec 25th birthday, sun cross, and death scene).
Now you and the church admit Jesus is merely mask and one in the same with the father Baal) so now we can secret the number of his name:
Baal Jesus=666 in ASCll numerology used to secret numbers from names.

[See Lucifer here etymology of "": "[ the morning star, a fallen rebel archangel, THE Devil, fr. OE. fr. Latin, the morning star, fr. Lucifer light-bearing, fr. luc light + -fer -ferous--more at LIGHT]" (Webster's, p.677)

Research Marduk's Ordeal tablet in the British Museum for proof of the death scene being stolen from predated mythology.
Or Research Morning Star Baal's son Athtar the fierce Canaanite dying god mythology.

Jesus did not speak Greek and John is not a reliable source.
He seems to have written his stuff long after jesus died----ie NEVAH MET HIM but is reporting like an eyewitness. His stuff is MYSTICAL interpretation-----why talk about it like its a CONCRETE reality? Jews certainly had a hard time KILLING people that they wanted to kill. Seems like they "wanted" to kill Jesus for at least 100 years.

Show me one source in Tanach that might lead an educated Jew to accept that God and any possible physical manifestation of a human are one and the same.
Restrict yourself to the Tanach, because when Jesus was preaching, there was no NT.

They already lose this debate when they try and proselytize Jews spending millions and killing millions over converting YHWH worshipers over to Jesus worshipers (thus not one in the same God.)
And because the focus is almost soley on converting Jews, we can conclude they used a Jewish image created figure based on Jews to bring Jews to their Sun worship & Harvest god scam Baal worship. Pay thrxRoman Tax to the sun god now and get good harvest later. Sow seeds/tithes/masked Roman tax that the people protested paying=squashed the tax revolts by now calling it bribes to their God.

Last edited:

He seems to have written his stuff long after jesus died----ie NEVAH MET HIM but is reporting like an eyewitness. His stuff is MYSTICAL interpretation-----why talk about it like its a CONCRETE reality? Jews certainly had a hard time KILLING people that they wanted to kill. Seems like they "wanted" to kill Jesus for at least 100 years.
Excellent point about killing heretics.
We couldn't kill Mark, Matthew, John, Paul, Luke, etc... when we really had no power and yet everybody claims we killed Jesus.

They already lose this debate when they try and proselytize Jews spending millions and killing millions over converting YHWH worshipers over to Jesus worshipers (thus not one in the same God.)
When you can't win a debate...commit mass murder!

Numbers 23:19 says otherwise... Among other places...lol...Since we know John was an anonomous book that disagreed profoundly with the other gospels and even claimed he was most “ loved” by Jesus one can pretty well figure out that whoever wrote this book not only didn’t have knowledge of the Jewish scriptures or if he did didn’t care and made up things as he went so how can anyone take those quotes seriously...Now besides the Baal connection that Michael pointed out above my post I have always found the writers of the New Testament sneaky in how they tell things like it is an inside joke... So I would say that whoever placed the New Testament with the Jewish scriptures was sneakily saying that Jesus ( logus or mere words) placed together with the Jewish scriptures( As is sold by Christian Bible sellers) made them one...and then they had a good chuckle at everyone’s expense...Too bad we can see right through it and are not that guliable...

• Banned

That is nothing but your uninformed opinion. I have shown you what Jesus said, in the original language. And why do you say John is not a reliable source? You're going to have to back that up, if you want to be taken seriously.

Excellent point about killing heretics.
We couldn't kill Mark, Matthew, John, Paul, Luke, etc... when we really had no power and yet everybody claims we killed Jesus.

so true----the party line is that jews were dying to murder Jesus from the time he entered Jerusalem but COULD NOT
PULL IT OFF--------yet jews ALSO killed "all the prophets". ????????? For the record-----jews were also dying to murder muhummad. Jews are SOOO INEPT

Rather than argue with a stubborn Judas, I'll just point out that in the first century many Jews did accept Jesus as God, when there was not NT. Maybe you will say they were ignorant, but every Jew today is more ignorant than the Apostle Paul was.

That is nothing but your uninformed opinion. I have shown you what Jesus said, in the original language. And why do you say John is not a reliable source? You're going to have to back that up, if you want to be taken seriously.

what is known about JOHN ---the one who wrote a gospel is
that he did his writing circa 100 AD That is 70 years after Jesus died. GREEK is not the language in which Jesus spoke-----he spoke Aramaic. You quoted a translation of a greek text and then struggled to "prove" something by analyzing the greek word for "ONE"

False Christians say Jews and Christians have the same God. But, Jesus is God, and Jesus isn't the God of the Jews. The god of the Jews is the devil. Those who claim Jesus was a Jew, their god is also the devil.

Rather than argue with a stubborn Judas, I'll just point out that in the first century many Jews did accept Jesus as God, when there was not NT. Maybe you will say they were ignorant, but every Jew today is more ignorant than the Apostle Paul was.

you have said absolutely nothing. It is not entirely clear that the "trinity" concept even EXISTED in the first century AD

False Christians say Jews and Christians have the same God. But, Jesus is God, and Jesus isn't the God of the Jews. The god of the Jews is the devil. Those who claim Jesus was a Jew, their god is also the devil.

sheeesh-----and what does that make you ? son of Magda?

Jesus as depicted in the New Testament Never LIVED....Since the DEVIL is the opposite of LIVED shinning a Mirror right back at you Bulletproof JESUS is indeed the DEVIL and you and your fellow Christians worship this created image Jews do not therefore it is you that worship the DEVIL.... Wink...

Jesus as depicted in the New Testament Never LIVED....Since the DEVIL is the opposite of LIVED shinning a Mirror right back at you Bulletproof JESUS is indeed the DEVIL and you and your fellow Christians worship this created image Jews do not therefore it is you that worship the DEVIL.... Wink...

I see the Talmud is strong in you. Jesus is not a [human-] created image of a god. He's the incarnation of God. But, we can agree that Jews and Christians don't have the same god.

I see the Talmud is strong in you. Jesus is not a [human-] created image of a god. He's the incarnation of God. But, we can agree that Jews and Christians don't have the same god.
Then you make Gd incestious.. He had sex with his mother to create himself do you not see how silly and completely ridiculous your notions are.. Jesus is nothing more then the words on a page that gave him life by the lying pens of the scribes.... He is the ultimate created IDOL that thrives from Gd ...

bullet-----what does "I see the Talmud is strong in you" mean ??? in this context

Forum List

Back