Jerry Falwell's Law school

Pale Rider said:
Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with a Christian lawyer. As a matter of fact, if I ever needed the help of an attorney, I'd surely prefer one that WAS a Christian.

Er, PR, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the legal profession in America is dominated by folks of a certain other religious persuasion. In my town --- admittedly not that representative --- they'd laugh at a man who said he was a Christian lawyer.

William Joyce said:
Er, PR, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the legal profession in America is dominated by folks of a certain other religious persuasion. In my town --- admittedly not that representative --- they'd laugh at a man who said he was a Christian lawyer.

Plus, jews are just better lawyers. Give props where they're due.

Just kiddin joyce. I know you're a damn lawyer too.

Merlin1047 said:
I'm rather curious as to how one reconciles the antithecal characteristics of the two. How can there be such a thing as a Christian law school? Simply contemplating the thought is enough to bring on a bout of schizophrenia in most folks.

How can a man who purports to respresent the teachings of Jesus Christ on the one hand, sponsor a school for legalized liars on the other?

I find that most people can encompass fully the teachings of Jesus. Calling Lawyers "legalized lawyers" is stupid because they only use the laws of this country. Lawyers also represent both parties in any issue you can think of. You make it sound like all lawyers are part of the AClU. There are lots of different lawyers and if you dont like lawyers maybe you should blame the people who hire them. We are a society with civil suits and trial by jury. Lawyers are not liars there merely people who understand the law and will use it to help people who pay them. You dont need a lawyer to defend yourself in court you know, you could always represent yourself. Especially if you've memorized thousands of laws legal proceedings and cases. Or would you rather we have a society of anarchy. We need lawyers since we need laws.

Pale Rider said:
So one must ask... "are there more GODLESS lawyers and than CHRISTIAN"? I think that's a fair question.

Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with a Christian lawyer. As a matter of fact, if I ever needed the help of an attorney, I'd surely prefer one that WAS a Christian.

In this day and age of present course, where the new direction seems to be "anything Christian is bad", I like the idea of ANYTHING new that is affiliated with Christianity, even a lawyer.

The devil is diligently at work, and has been for quite some time. A measure against him is welcome, in any form.

I'd hardly consider this an age where anything Chrisitan is bad? Where did you get that from The New York Times Magazine???

I cant belive this whole thread was about christian lawyers. What does it matter what religion you are if youre a lawyer. All you need is to pass the bar exam you dont need to meet with a Rabbi. Lawyers arnt intrisicaly corrupt and all christians dont follow the teachings of Jesus to a t. Why would you think that bieng Christian means that you cant be a lawyer. There already are millions of christian lawyers. Besides who cares what religion you lawyers is as long as they are a good lawyer, do you think that a Chrisitian lawyer is somehow better at navigating the ins and outs of our overly and unessecerily complicated legal system? I'd also find it hard to belive that a Christian lawyer would be less greedy or corrupt than any other lawyer (if you belive all lawyers are bad anyways)

Merlin1047 said:
Lordy, I could have fun with that statement! ! ! But no point in kicking this horse any more. Obviously I can't get you away from the dark side, Lord Vader.

Besides, I have to go to the bathroom and make a lawyer. But don't get excited. I'm gonna flush this bastard before he has the chance to climb out of the bowl.

:teeth: :teeth:

So the Distirct Attroneys and their assistants who handle case after case and are overworked and underpaid as pieces of shit too huh. These are the guys to try to put scumbags away. You'd feel different about lawyers once you grow up and find you actualy need one.

To Judge:

Judge not, that ye be not judged. - Matthew 7:1

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged. - Luke 6:37

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. - Romans 2:1

"Who art thou that judgest another?" - James 4:12

Or Not To Judge:

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
- John 7:24

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
- 1 Correnthians 2:15

For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
- 1 Correnthians 5:12-13

mattskramer said:
To Judge:

Judge not, that ye be not judged. - Matthew 7:1

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged. - Luke 6:37

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. - Romans 2:1

"Who art thou that judgest another?" - James 4:12

Or Not To Judge:

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
- John 7:24

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
- 1 Correnthians 2:15

For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
- 1 Correnthians 5:12-13

Good thing this isn't a theocracy. This part of the bible is particularly stupid. Judgement is good.

Defending someone you know is guilty is morally reprehensible. I know the argument is that is "keeps the authorities honest". That's bull.

Forum List

Back