‘Jeopardy!’ champ James Holzhauer has won over $1 million—here’s how he keeps winning

Holtzhauer gets 97 percent of the answers correct and he plays with confidence he will know the answer

He is also amazingly fast on the buzzer as you watch other contestants frantically trying to buzz in

His opposition plays like losers. When they get a late Daily Double, instead of going for a double will say....$2,000 Alex

The whole point is NOBODY knows 97 percent of every conceivable subject.
He does

No he doesn't. I told you why. We can repeat it:

1) Timing for this guy in what the directors of Jeopardy think will be Trebek's last season

2) One contestant gives a wrong answer. Another contestant uses that same answer to another question and Trebek says words to the effect "now is the time for that answer."

3) The ONLY time Holtzhauer had a serious challenge was after his wife came to town and stayed the night with him. He didn't study the book all night

4) By virtue of Holtzhauer's occupation, he specializes in the use of short term memory, so he gets a big boost from that.
Jeopardy has been on for over 50 years
Trebeck has been on for 35 years
They want to continue the Jeopardy tradition long after Trebeck leaves
It’s integrety is unparalleled

But since you are a conspiracy nutcase, answer this

If they were going to cheat, wouldn’t they bring a ringer in AFTER Trebeck is gone? It is a time when fans would be deciding whether to watch the new host and you would want a ratings spike to sell the new host

You know, some of you professional posters lack anything for brains. While studying law I also did investigations. Investigations look for facts, trends, and what some people believe are coincidences. That is a Hell of a long stretch from a conspiracy.

You're lacking in the IQ department to accuse me of that based upon the facts. Regardless of what you think regarding Jeopardy, Trebek, etc. more people are watching Jeopardy now due to Mr. Perfect. More people know who Trebek is than at any time that show has been on - and in what is expected might be his last season. Trebek leaves the air with a bang; it will bring a new generation to watch Jeopardy. That is a clear motive to provide the contestants with sample questions and, among those practice questions, are the questions that will be asked on tv.

Alex never sees the questions; the contestants see them albeit hidden among many other trivia questions. Everything is not a conspiracy, Dude. Hell, when I was a kid I recall USMC recruiters "helping" prep potential recruits to be able to pass the entrance exam at AFEES. There was no "conspiracy," just recruiters nudging guys along so that the recruiter met his quota. It's just business, not a freaking conspiracy and anyone that denies stuff like that happens is terribly naive.

You FAIL to answer the question nut job

Trebeck has inoperable cancer and does not need additional attention. His legacy is set

Whoever takes his place would need the help to win back Jeopardy viewers. Why wouldn’t they run Holtzhaer after Trebeck is gone

He does

1) Timing for this guy in what the directors of Jeopardy think will be Trebek's last season

2) One contestant gives a wrong answer. Another contestant uses that same answer to another question and Trebek says words to the effect "now is the time for that answer."

3) The ONLY time Holtzhauer had a serious challenge was after his wife came to town and stayed the night with him. He didn't study the book all night

4) By virtue of Holtzhauer's occupation, he specializes in the use of short term memory, so he gets a big boost from that.

If they were going to cheat, wouldn’t they bring a ringer in AFTER Trebeck is gone? It is a time when fans would be deciding whether to watch the new host and you would want a ratings spike to sell the new host

You know, some of you professional posters lack anything for brains. While studying law I also did investigations. Investigations look for facts, trends, and what some people believe are coincidences. That is a Hell of a long stretch from a conspiracy.

You're lacking in the IQ department to accuse me of that based upon the facts. Regardless of what you think regarding Jeopardy, Trebek, etc. more people are watching Jeopardy now due to Mr. Perfect. More people know who Trebek is than at any time that show has been on - and in what is expected might be his last season. Trebek leaves the air with a bang; it will bring a new generation to watch Jeopardy. That is a clear motive to provide the contestants with sample questions and, among those practice questions, are the questions that will be asked on tv.

Alex never sees the questions; the contestants see them albeit hidden among many other trivia questions. Everything is not a conspiracy, Dude. Hell, when I was a kid I recall USMC recruiters "helping" prep potential recruits to be able to pass the entrance exam at AFEES. There was no "conspiracy," just recruiters nudging guys along so that the recruiter met his quota. It's just business, not a freaking conspiracy and anyone that denies stuff like that happens is terribly naive.

Trebeck has inoperable cancer and does not need additional attention. His legacy is set

Whoever takes his place would need the help to win back Jeopardy viewers. Why wouldn’t they run Holtzhaer after Trebeck is gone

Don't call me names on the Internet you shit eating faggot.

I gave you an opinion. Trebeck, just like anybody else would like to go out being more popular than they ever were. Mr. Perfect would be the ultimate replacement for Alex because everybody's perception is that he is the epitome of intelligence.

If you want to see a nutjob, look in the mirror. You are going to reap what you sow.

That is because sometimes people get things confused that can seem similar.

"Now is the time for that answer" - It says coached and the actions of Mr. Perfect give a lot of credence to it.

That is because sometimes people get things confused that can seem similar.

"Now is the time for that answer" - It says coached and the actions of Mr. Perfect give a lot of credence to it.

Sometimes people confuse things. Some people mix up composers, some people mix up authors, and that is why he says "now is the time", because if you notice, all the clues have something in common, and if a player starts at the top and works their way down in a category, the easier clues give hints about what the harder clues are.

I know that sometimes I get composers (and some authors) confused.

I gave you an opinion. Trebeck, just like anybody else would like to go out being more popular than they ever were. Mr. Perfect would be the ultimate replacement for Alex because everybody's perception is that he is the epitome of intelligence.

If you want to see a nutjob, look in the mirror. You are going to reap what you sow.
You don’t think public sympathy over his battle with inoperable cancer enhances his popularity?
He needs some kind of gimmick?

You don’t think public sympathy over his battle with inoperable cancer enhances his popularity?
He needs some kind of gimmick?

Public sympathy goes just so far.

Latest update - he's won 31 or 32 in a row now and his total is $2,382,583 as of today's Jeopardy.

On one of the shows, a Jeopardy question gave away the secret: they use flash cards to prep the players. NOBODY has that many answers in their head. Some of you have watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader, etc.

Holzhauer is good because as a gambler, he greatest asset is his short term memory. Card players watch the cards in play and rely on their short term memory for their livelihood. It's getting boring at this juncture. I'd like to see what he could do without the flash cards.

Latest update - he's won 31 or 32 in a row now and his total is $2,382,583 as of today's Jeopardy.

On one of the shows, a Jeopardy question gave away the secret: they use flash cards to prep the players. NOBODY has that many answers in their head. Some of you have watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader, etc.

Holzhauer is good because as a gambler, he greatest asset is his short term memory. Card players watch the cards in play and rely on their short term memory for their livelihood. It's getting boring at this juncture. I'd like to see what he could do without the flash cards.

Answer: What is Porter Rockwell is a retard?

I took a still-shot of the score about 2/3 of the way through today's show--check out the dude in the middle at -$400.:71:
62195387_2324069904306224_2093428151685218304_n.jpg

I took a still-shot of the score about 2/3 of the way through today's show--check out the dude in the middle at -$400.:71:
62195387_2324069904306224_2093428151685218304_n.jpg

Yeah, it was kinda touch and go, but he ended the round with 800 dollars to the good, and was there for Final Jeopardy. He still ended up in 3rd though.

James is gonna be there again on Monday, and I've got a feeling that he's gonna break Jennings' record for the most money earned.

Wonder if he's then going to go after Jennings' record for the most appearances, or is he going to get bored around 3 million and simply lose?

He is now $58,000 from the Jeopardy record
Should break it on Monday. $58 k is a bad day for him

What an historic takedown

Holzhauer still didn’t miss any questions and got the Final Jeopardy question right. But the woman got both Daily Doubles in the Double Jeopardy round and nailed the Final Jeopardy question

Holtzhauer gets 97 percent of the answers correct and he plays with confidence he will know the answer

He is also amazingly fast on the buzzer as you watch other contestants frantically trying to buzz in

His opposition plays like losers. When they get a late Daily Double, instead of going for a double will say....$2,000 Alex

But Jeopardy is not 'every conceivable subject'. The questions are the stars..and they are designed to flatter the ego of the audience..and keep them watching. There is definitely a Jeopardy demographic..and they are the ones who pay the bills.

A rigorous study of the questions asked..over 20 years...provides a clear indication of what areas are most likely to be explored..the rest is study and native intelligence--as well as a killer brand of gamesmanship.

But Jeopardy is not 'every conceivable subject'. The questions are the stars..and they are designed to flatter the ego of the audience..and keep them watching. There is definitely a Jeopardy demographic..and they are the ones who pay the bills.

A rigorous study of the questions asked..over 20 years...provides a clear indication of what areas are most likely to be explored..the rest is study and native intelligence--as well as a killer brand of gamesmanship.

That's all well and good, but the flash cards being used contain most of the answers to the questions. Tonight's episode reminded me of a WWE wrestling match as Holzhauer did not predictably get all the Daily Doubles and then wagered so low in final that he was destined to lose.

Forum List

Back