Jennifer Rubin's Unwarranted Presumptions

Kuros

Rookie
Jun 25, 2011
Louisville
Norway Bombing

Jennifer Rubin said:
Moreover, there is a specific jihadist connection here: “Just nine days ago, Norwegian authorities filed charges against Mullah Krekar, an infamous al Qaeda-affiliated terrorist who, with help from Osama bin Laden, founded Ansar al Islam – a branch of al Qaeda in northern Iraq – in late 2001.”

This is a sobering reminder for those who think it’s too expensive to wage a war against jihadists. I spoke to Gary Schmitt of the American Enterprise Institute, who has been critical of proposed cuts in defense and of President Obama’s Afghanistan withdrawal plan. “There has been a lot of talk over the past few months on how we’ve got al-Qaeda on the run and, compared with what it once was, it’s become a rump organization. But as the attack in Oslo reminds us, there are plenty of al-Qaeda allies still operating. No doubt cutting the head off a snake is important; the problem is, we’re dealing with global nest of snakes.”

But, it turns out that the perpetrator of the attack was not at all a jihadist.

Let Jennifer Rubin's presumption be memorialized; especially since she has not yet issued a formal retraction.

Great post, made even better by the glaringly conspicuous absence of any of USMB's conservatives in response.

I'm just curious. Was that article/blog blocked from reader comments, or is that standard practice?

Yesterday, she said:

Early suspicion that the attacks might have been linked to a jihadist bombing plot in Oslo last year or the recent Norwegian prosecution of an Iraqi terrorist did not bear up. Right Turn specifically quoted Thomas Joscelyn of the Weekly Standard for the proposition that we “ [didn]’t know [emphasis added]” at the time if al-Qaeda was responsible, although there was plenty of concern in Norway about jihadist terror plots that have increased in Scandinavia. As Joscelyn did, at the time I believed the best working theory, given Norway’s recent experiences, was that it was jihadist-related. It nevertheless is a good reminder to all of us including myself that early reports are often wrong. (Indeed, late today there were new questions as to whether the suspect acted alone.)

...? What's the problem? She was speculating, just like everyone else. She's a right-wing commentator.

Last edited:
Yesterday, she said:

Early suspicion that the attacks might have been linked to a jihadist bombing plot in Oslo last year or the recent Norwegian prosecution of an Iraqi terrorist did not bear up. Right Turn specifically quoted Thomas Joscelyn of the Weekly Standard for the proposition that we “ [didn]’t know [emphasis added]” at the time if al-Qaeda was responsible, although there was plenty of concern in Norway about jihadist terror plots that have increased in Scandinavia. As Joscelyn did, at the time I believed the best working theory, given Norway’s recent experiences, was that it was jihadist-related. It nevertheless is a good reminder to all of us including myself that early reports are often wrong. (Indeed, late today there were new questions as to whether the suspect acted alone.)

...? What's the problem? She was speculating, just like everyone else. She's a right-wing commentator.

That's the problem. According to the left, it's fine for them to speculate.... it's only when a right winger speculates that it becomes an issue.

The left are dumb like that.

Yesterday, she said:

That's the problem. According to the left, it's fine for them to speculate.... it's only when a right winger speculates that it becomes an issue.

Are you this ignorant in real life?

Great post, made even better by the glaringly conspicuous absence of any of USMB's conservatives in response.

I'm just curious. Was that article/blog blocked from reader comments, or is that standard practice?

I posted that same blurb from usa today ohhh, a day ago?

foot-in-mouth2.jpeg

[/B]

Are you this ignorant in real life?

Are you this stupid in real life?

:lol::lol::lol:

It's interesting that you're over in another thread getting all over liberals for 'politicizing' this event,

and yet, as flagrant and outrageous as the conservative politicization is in the OP of this thread,

not to mention its inaccuracy,

you have NO objection whatsoever.

You really aren't fooling anyone.

Well, "The Helpers of the Global Jihad" were all too happy to take credit for what occured regardless. sooooooooooooooo.... ya know.

Norway Bombing

Jennifer Rubin said:
Moreover, there is a specific jihadist connection here: “Just nine days ago, Norwegian authorities filed charges against Mullah Krekar, an infamous al Qaeda-affiliated terrorist who, with help from Osama bin Laden, founded Ansar al Islam – a branch of al Qaeda in northern Iraq – in late 2001.”

This is a sobering reminder for those who think it’s too expensive to wage a war against jihadists. I spoke to Gary Schmitt of the American Enterprise Institute, who has been critical of proposed cuts in defense and of President Obama’s Afghanistan withdrawal plan. “There has been a lot of talk over the past few months on how we’ve got al-Qaeda on the run and, compared with what it once was, it’s become a rump organization. But as the attack in Oslo reminds us, there are plenty of al-Qaeda allies still operating. No doubt cutting the head off a snake is important; the problem is, we’re dealing with global nest of snakes.”

But, it turns out that the perpetrator of the attack was not at all a jihadist.

Let Jennifer Rubin's presumption be memorialized; especially since she has not yet issued a formal retraction.

Are you a complete idiot?

The speculation was warranted because a jihadist group claimed responsibility for the attack blaming them on the Mohammad newspaper cartoons that were published in Norway.

http://www.jihadica.com/alleged-claim-for-oslo-attacks/

I have to oppologize for speculating as well. I wrote somewhere here that it was the Amish who did it.

Forum List

Back