Jeffperkinstech's Government One thread

I know, I have a hard time expressing myself sometimes. Don't think I am knocking it COMPLETELY. I just can't see how Capitolism (by the way, in which post of mine did I EVER claim to be an english major? If you can read and understand what I typed enough to correct me then you knew what I meant) can continue to be the dominating principle of the American sytem and we not suffer for it until it is dropped. And that's what I am MORE afraid of! We have a tendency to go overboard and when change needs to happen that pendulum too often swings too far over to the opposite side and we suffer for that too. I think that if it was a preemptive measure, we could gradually extract ourselves from the exsess (that word dosen't look right does it?) of our current Capitolist ways. Balence is key. Don't exclude anything entirely but don't be exclusive to anything entirely. Moderation. As a circle. It goes 'round....all good things....

Oh and by the way, read again...I do promote another system. Just not one that has been done before. My Government ONE program. It is based in simple princaples yet very hard to explain. In fact, it's better to explain in pieces. Ask a qustion about it or how it would work or deal wtih something and I will explain the plan. I will also admit that while I have it MOSTLY figured out, as you can imagine I DO NOT have ALL the details planned exactly and I am HAPPY for anyone's contribution that would lead to it's totality as a whole plan.

It's one thing to point out problems and complain, but it's another thing altogether different, special and difficult to provide solutions.

That's what I really want. Solutions. So why not try?

Tell me how Capitolism is doing fine. And try to answer that thinking of the viewpoint of the US populace as a whole and not just from your own chair.

How about I don't answer that narrow minded, 2 dimsional sandtrap of a question at all? See, you the one that is confused my friend. Well, maybe not so much confused as you are programmed. There is more out there than the Left and the Right. There are more answers than Conservative and Liberals would ever want you to realize. Did you see where I pointed out the fact that these 2 main parties have polarized every issue into 2 equal and opposite extreme sides of one sliding scale that connects the two? Now look at your question. Can anyone refute, logically, that your choices are a perfect example of what I am talking about? Fool....uncover your eyes!

How about I give you the formula I go by and see if you agree. First I define the exact desired results of any policy change I propose. Secondly, I look for solutions that will give the best, closest results with as few unwanted side effects as possible, no matter from what school of ideology it belongs to. I try not to be very specific because the whole of my Government ONE plan utilizes so many different political schools of thought, that it would be very easy for me to sputter out one piece of it and then have someone lable the whole thing as being this or that (since people are attached to lables in much the same way a 2 year old is to a blanket) and debunking the whole of it without giving it the proper due. To be honest I am still at the crux of how best to submit it to the masses...bit by bit....as answers to reoccurent problems....just save it all up and post it on the net in several massive video files? Not sure.

Don't recall mentioning anything about left or right; liberal or conservative. You're the one claiming to have a new idea. It's a simple enough question-surely your worldview comes closer to one choice or the other. Participate or don't.

No I am not going to participate in a loaded question, who's goal is only to entrap me to one extreme side of thinking or another. What you are REALLY trying to do is to qualify me. Not going to help you by hanging myself with the rope that you give me. You are going to have to try harder than that. If you actually care for my answer then be prepared for C and D. C is both are true at in PIECES and D is that both are not the WHOLE of the truth. And that is the truth.

No this will not be a right but it will be a freedom allowed by the new Constitution. In fact, the ban of certain weapons that Congress has passed in recent decades will be lifted as well. The only way that an individual can be stripped of thier freedom to keep and bear arms is by committing a crime with a gun against another person or another persons property. And even then the general mandate to judges will be that no freedom should be revoked from an individual forever unless gross multiple offences would warrent such a move.

DMP...I was talking about how it would work under my Government ONE idea...not how it currently works. But thanks for the info anyway!

OK so is that the REAL use of these message boards? Some fanciful way of the Social Anarchist to get a few kicks? I was on here thinking that this was an open forum of honest political debate by individuals that cared enough to try and get 'in the know'. If what your saying is true, then, while I don't reall have anything against you guys and what you are doing, it doesn't change the fact that this is not what I was looking for.

Government One, how original !!:cuckoo:

I have never been so bored reading a thread; lots of words, very little meaning !

You said it Eric... no specifics, just a general distaste for captialism and a wish for socialized health care.

Jeff, you are giving the other Jeffs around here a bad name!

a wish for socialized health care

I for the life of me can not understand how people can see this as a good idea. I guess simple minds, simple concepts. I think this would be a great topic for a thread, just a little too tired to start it tonight. Tune in tommorrow for another episode !!:D

Wow wear is that Billy Madison quote when you need it.

First, if you want to be taken seriously, learn to write in english well. You dont have to be an english major to create coherant sentences, spell words correctly, and articulate your points well. But if you want to critisize capitalism, the least you can do is show you know enough to spell it correctly.

Second, Id love to see your alternative for Capitalism. The reason we have a capitalist system is because it works. It developed after centuries of the greatest minds examining human nature and figuring out a way check it in ways that produce the most efficiency and generate the most wealth to improve the standard of living for all the people who participate in it.

Third, What is this new constitution you are planning? You realize that its probably an act of treason to creating such a thing dont you? What amazes me is how many people want to try to improve upon a document that is sheer genius to begin with. i mean here is a document that sets up a government that checks the human nature and uses it to establish a free nation. thats why it succeeds.

Fourth, as for health care. You want to fix the system start with limiting what trial lawyers can do to doctors. You can also stop attacking the incentives which motivate people to find cures for various diseases. As has been stated before, everyone in this country already has medical coverage. its illegal for a hospital to turn down someone. its just not that big an issue.

Originally posted by jeffperkinstech
The only way that an individual can be stripped of thier freedom to keep and bear arms is by committing a crime with a gun against another person or another persons property. And even then the general mandate to judges will be that no freedom should be revoked from an individual forever unless gross multiple offences would warrent such a move.
This is the one I like. Makes me wonder how many multiple people could I shoot before my "freedom" would be revoked forever?

Forum List

Back