Jefferson & The 10 Commandments

Adam's Apple said:
What Thomas Jefferson would say about the Ten Commandments today, in one writer's opinion.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7066301/site/newsweek/print/1/displaymode/1098/

I think the Jeffersonian Bible will answer most questions.

Dear Thomas took it upon himself to scissor out all the verses from the Christian bible of his time that didn't agree with his philosophy, and "Voila!". you had the Jeffersonian Bible.

My sons came home one Saturday afternoon all excited about the bible they bought at a garage/yard sale down the street for 25 cents. You guessed it, it was a Jeffersonian Bible. I had no idea that it was any different from the Old King James of his time, but boy oh boy did T.J. do a machete job on the scriptures. :lame2:

Eightball said:
I think the Jeffersonian Bible will answer most questions.

Dear Thomas took it upon himself to scissor out all the verses from the Christian bible of his time that didn't agree with his philosophy, and "Voila!". you had the Jeffersonian Bible.

My sons came home one Saturday afternoon all excited about the bible they bought at a garage/yard sale down the street for 25 cents. You guessed it, it was a Jeffersonian Bible. I had no idea that it was any different from the Old King James of his time, but boy oh boy did T.J. do a machete job on the scriptures. :lame2:

Regardless of Jefferson's attempts to modify the Bible, his outlook on the origin of rights is the same: rights are God-given, and the state is there to protect those rights.

Forum List

Back