Jefferson Noted Global Warming

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
From NEWSMAX E-Mail That I received:
[SNIP]
Thomas Jefferson Noted Global Warming

Climate change crusaders insist that the earth is warming largely due to the emission of greenhouse gases by motor vehicles and factories.
But Thomas Jefferson wrote about global warming back in the early 19th century, before there were any emissions from cars, coal-fired power plants, and other developments of the Industrial Age.

In a letter to Philadelphia physician and professor Nathaniel Chapman dated Dec. 11, 1809, nine months after he left the presidency, Jefferson wrote: “The change which has taken place in our climate is one of those facts which all men of years are sensible of and yet none can prove by regular evidence. They can only appeal to each other’s general observation for the fact.

“I remember that when I was a small boy, say sixty years ago, snows were frequent and deep in every winter, to my knee very often, to my waist sometimes, and that they covered the earth long. And I remember while yet young to have heard from very old men that in their youth the winters had been still colder, with deeper and longer snows. In the year 1772, thirty-seven years ago, we had a snow two feet deep in the Champain parts of this state, and three feet in the counties next below the mountains . . .

“While I lived at Washington, I kept a Diary, and by recurring to that I observe that from the winter of 1802-03 to that of 1808-09 inclusive, the average fall of snow of the seven winters was only 14½ inches, and that the ground was covered but sixteen days in each winter on average of the whole. The maximum in any one winter during that period was 21 inches fall, and 34 days on the ground, the minimum was 4½ inches fall and two days on the ground . . .

“Williams in his history of Vermont has an essay on the change in the climate of Europe, Asia and Africa.”

It’s clear, then, that the earth was warming during Jefferson’s time. It’s also clear that the climate change could not be attributed to man’s activities. "

[/SNIP]

These AGW "Scientists' had observations.. from a couple centuries ago...I guess they missed this one, eh?

I looked...here's a REAL JEWEL...:eusa_whistle:

Related more: Thomas Jefferson to Incite Global Warming Hysteria

I googled the above link to coincide with what was written. Jefferson made some observations...(a RECORD for where he lived at the time).

That's all he did. It illustrates to me (And further bolsters my resolve), that MAN hasn't that kind of power. And further shows that there are those sucking at the Government TIT, that cannot get enough suckling, and will do anything to keep the gravy train going, at the expense OF the people...and to further Government Control over others in the exercise of thier lives when their habits are actually are miniscule in the scheme of things.

This is a control issue, and nothing more. Some of these AGW freaks really need to get a real life and stop pestering the rest of us with their proven horseshit. Life is difficult enough without you idiots piling on.

~T

This can only mean that the SUV is as old as Atlantis.

There's no other explanation that fits the facts.

Facts:

1. It's Warmer
2. It's Colder
3. Mankind is causing Global Warming which presents as either 1 or 2 above.

Where do I pick up my Nobel Prize for Climatology?

Letter fm Thomas Jefferson to John Adams:

Dear Friend,

That damn Ben Franklin and his SUV! He's melting the polar ice caps!

Signed,

T. Jefferson
Monticello

Considering the long periods of time during which Earth has been a Giant Snowball, we should all kiss Mother Gaia's Big Green Ass and be thankful for Global Warming.

Just sayin'.

Considering the long periods of time during which Earth has been a Giant Snowball, we should all kiss Mother Gaia's Big Green Ass and be thankful for Global Warming.

Just sayin'.

Old Rocks and the rest of the Warmers long for the days when everything north of the Ohio River is again under 600 feet of ice

Letter fm Thomas Jefferson to John Adams:

Dear Friend,

That damn Ben Franklin and his SUV! He's melting the polar ice caps!

Signed,

T. Jefferson
Monticello

Classic Post for all time!

~Kudos~

~T

[ETA] Franklin was quite a ladies man as history records. I wonder if he had his mobile phonograph blaring as he roamed the streets of London and Paris? ;)

Last edited:
Jefferson was an exploiter of people of color .
Nothing he said or did has any meaning beyond that.
Wait that doesnt help...

Forum List

Back