Second Warmest February Ever.

code1211

Apr 8, 2009
February UAH global temperature anomaly – little change Watts Up With That?

Interesting article on the high average global temp in February. The northern Hemisphere was pretty snowy and cool. Around here, though, the highs and lows of the season were pretty much lopped off. We usually go above 40 and below 10 pretty regularly, but this year stayed pretty much within the 10 to 35 range.

Not scientific in any way, just remembering...

The tropics were quite warm in February and the oceans were, too. Wherever people live, it seems to have been a tad less warm.

It's those ding dang dolphins again.

Comments at the end of the article are interesting as they seem to come from very expert folks and some interested, but uninformed folks. Also, there is conjecture as to the satelite measuing devices degrading over time due to electrical circuitry and how it works over time.

Now, to be a climatologist, you must also be an electrical engineer and have done research into the effective use of radar and lasers. What's a weather girl to do?

Well here in NY we got 2 feet of snow and its been cold, in fact NYC got a record snowfall this winter.

Without Global Warming we might have gotten 4 feet of snow and instead of just setting a record, NYC would have set a Super Duper Record for snowfall.

Yeah, it wasn't warm here either. If global warming was the point, specific weather patterns don't have much to do with it anyway. Any kind of extreme condition can be the result of our neglect over the years.

The polar ice caps continue to melt and we continue to get extreme global conditions. Look around you, the earth is rebelling.

OK OK ---I confess---I WARMED UP THE WORLD.

Im very sorry about it and I'm stopping right now.

Carry on. Everything will be OK now.

Don'cha know? All extreme weather patterns can be blamed on global cooling....errr...I mean El Nino....er....I mean Global Warming....

Yeah, it wasn't warm here either. If global warming was the point, specific weather patterns don't have much to do with it anyway. Any kind of extreme condition can be the result of our neglect over the years.

The polar ice caps continue to melt and we continue to get extreme global conditions. Look around you, the earth is rebelling.
:eusa_whistle: OK if you say so.

Extremes in weather patterns is not the Earth rebelling like it has an attitude or something.

It's all part of a natural cycle.

Live long enough and you'll learn to recognize this.

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Read more: Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Mail Online

I'm going to keep posting this until it sinks it.

At the end of the article I linked were comments. One of them referred to the measure of amaolies to the thousandths of a degree. Who are we trying to kid?

Republicans are so funny. They think snow is evidence against Global Warming.

You could tell them about the enormous amount of water in the air because of ocean evaporation due to increased heat, but they believe the "theory of evaporation" is just another "wild and crazy" liberal theory like "evolution" or "plate tectonics". So just set back an enjoy the show.:popcorn:

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Read more: Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Mail Online

I'm going to keep posting this until it sinks it.

Were Jones the only source or even a primary source, this might be relevant. He is not. The people that are supplying the data are the ones that interpret what the satellites are seeing, the ones that are making the measurements in the Artic concerning the ice and permafrost.

Every field of earth sciences is involved now in the observations of a rapidly changing climate.The sideshow of the stolen e-mails is a red herring that changes the raw data not one whit.

If you really want real data, here is just one place to start;

2009 AGU Fall Meeting: Featured Lectures

We had a very mild winter (so far) here in Maine.

A single swallow does not a climate change make.

Anyone posting that a warmer or cooler season is evidence of climate change is announcing to everyone who reads their posts that they are clueless about what the word climate actually means.

It's warmer because of Global Warming, it's colder because of Global Warming; there's more snow, there's less snow, the ice caps are melting, the ice caps are growing, polar bears are dying, polar bears are increasing we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, there is no phenomenon, no weather pattern, not a snowflake fall nor an ice melt that is not the fault of ManMade Global Warming.

It may not be real science, but it's fun to listen to

Republicans are so funny. They think snow is evidence against Global Warming.

You could tell them about the enormous amount of water in the air because of ocean evaporation due to increased heat, but they believe the "theory of evaporation" is just another "wild and crazy" liberal theory like "evolution" or "plate tectonics". So just set back an enjoy the show.:popcorn:

Ohh IS THAT the new excuse for why we are all not under water? Cause it is all in the atmosphere? You are a FUCKING RETARD.

Anyone posting that a warmer or cooler season is evidence of climate change is announcing to everyone who reads their posts that they are clueless about what the word climate actually means.

And yet you support the warmers when ever they do JUST that.

What part of no significant warming has occurred since 1998 is baffling you? That is 12 YEARS with no warming even though CO2 has supposedly been going right on and accumulating in the atmosphere. You remember? The warmers all insist CO2 is the culprit even though if one were really to use science they would discover that CO2 does do as they claim.

And I just LOVE when they trot out Satellite information. A 30 year record is MEANINGLESS in the case of Earth History and the climate. In 1980 we were told we were headed into a new ice age and that Oil would be gone by 1990. That was SCIENCE too. Well someones science anyway.

If the ice caps had melted as much as these boobs are claiming why haven't the oceans risen to accommodate for all that free water? Ohh wait that is right Rdean claims it is all in the atmosphere. Never mind.

RGS, that "twelve years with no warming" is a lie. Were you to examine the graphs of even the sceptics like Dr. Spencer, you would see a great spike at 1998, where we had the strongest El Nino on record, and then the following years were only a little less warm.

In fact, as figured by some, 2005 was as warm as 1998. And 2010 is starting to look as though it may easily surpass 1998.

2000 to 2009 was the warmest since we have been keeping records. 1990 to 1999 was the second warmest decade. 1980 to 1989 was the third warmest. See a pattern? And 2010 to 2019 will be warmer than 2000 to 2009.

The satellite record is revelant because we are no longer relying solely on ground stations. And when the satellite record shows the same numbers as the ground stations that gives lie to the deniers blather about corrupted ground station data.

Now RGS, when you have some real scientific data that supports any portion of your yap-yap, perhaps you would share it with us?

And yet you support the warmers when ever they do JUST that.

No I don't.

I'm on record here time and time again pointing out that the CHOAS theory suggests that any long term predictions anybody is making are completely worthless.

Just becasuse I think I can prove that A is a fool, doesn't mean I support B who disagrees with him.

Not every argument is limited to two diametically opposing viewpoints, ya know?

No, apparently given that you just tried to foist words into my mouth, it is very apparent that you do not understand that basic fact.

You want to argue with a straw man?

I'm not made of straw, amigo.

I'll speak for myself, if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back