Jeb Bush

Oh Gawd,another sad & pathetic "Hate BOOOOOOOOOOOSH" post. Hey Hopey Changeys,i think we get it by now! You really really really really really really hate that Bush guy! So you just sound deranged at this point. Hey,BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) is real so please seek help now. Cuz now you're just boooooooooooring the chit out of us. Geeeeeeez!

Jeb Bush would have made a good President.

Unfortunately, that boat has sailed

Brother George has poisoned the Bush well and poor Jeb will pay the price for his brothers incompetance

Jeb Bush would have made a good President.

Unfortunately, that boat has sailed

Brother George has poisoned the Bush well and poor Jeb will pay the price for his brothers incompetance

Damn!

You agree with me. Perhaps, I should rethink my position. :D

Immie

you obviously didn't see "W", according to Oliver Stone Jeb was the one groomed to be President and the favorite and George Sr was pissed when W decided to run. :)

Yeah, okay, because JFK was so historically accurate, setting the standard for all future historical films, especially those made by Oliver Stone. I can't wait to see his treatment of his favorite President, Hugo Chavez.
ps I wasn't being serious, notice the smilie face.:lol:

you obviously didn't see "W", according to Oliver Stone Jeb was the one groomed to be President and the favorite and George Sr was pissed when W decided to run. :)

Yeah, okay, because JFK was so historically accurate, setting the standard for all future historical films, especially those made by Oliver Stone. I can't wait to see his treatment of his favorite President, Hugo Chavez.
ps I wasn't being serious, notice the smilie face.:lol:

Missed it. Mea culpa.

I wonder how the country would look if Jeb had been the son groomed for the presidency instead of his brother. Jeb maintains all the conservative values the right stands for, as well as the moderate left, in my humble opinion.

Listen to him articulate on a variety of issues (operative word articulate). If the Democrats (especially in Congress) can't get their act together by 2012, and the Republicans continue to flail around among the fringe elements of conservatism, I would consider voting for Jeb Bush (voted for his father but not his brother) should he be hinting at going after the spot.

Morning Joe
I dunno, he's got kind of a victim mentality and he lies. Here's what he said on FOX.

BUSH: I was on the plane coming up to Washington yesterday, and I heard someone complaining that their child’s acne was because of George Bush. Of course, last week the Olympics didn’t come to Chicago — that was my brother’s fault. And at some point, people are going to have to put on their big-boy pants and assume responsibility for the great challenges and opportunities our country has. I don’t know how much longer leaders — responsible leaders in Congress — can continue to say these things.

Oh Gawd,another sad & pathetic "Hate BOOOOOOOOOOOSH" post. Hey Hopey Changeys,i think we get it by now! You really really really really really really hate that Bush guy! So you just sound deranged at this point. Hey,BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) is real so please seek help now. Cuz now you're just boooooooooooring the chit out of us. Geeeeeeez!

The only deranged person here is you, my friend. Are you always this hysterical?

I wonder how the country would look if Jeb had been the son groomed for the presidency instead of his brother. Jeb maintains all the conservative values the right stands for, as well as the moderate left, in my humble opinion.

Listen to him articulate on a variety of issues (operative word articulate). If the Democrats (especially in Congress) can't get their act together by 2012, and the Republicans continue to flail around among the fringe elements of conservatism, I would consider voting for Jeb Bush (voted for his father but not his brother) should he be hinting at going after the spot.

Morning Joe
I dunno, he's got kind of a victim mentality and he lies. Here's what he said on FOX.

BUSH: I was on the plane coming up to Washington yesterday, and I heard someone complaining that their child’s acne was because of George Bush. Of course, last week the Olympics didn’t come to Chicago — that was my brother’s fault. And at some point, people are going to have to put on their big-boy pants and assume responsibility for the great challenges and opportunities our country has. I don’t know how much longer leaders — responsible leaders in Congress — can continue to say these things.

Not quoting, but I took his remarks as being a rebuke to all the stupid bashing and blame game. Blame Bush, blame Obama, blame Clinton, blame anyone who's handy at the time. Maybe I've got my optimistic hat on here, but I like it whenever I hear a Republican talk about the Neanderthal mentality that has stunk up the air quality in this country. It's such a rarity.

Jeb would have been a better President. He was a decent governor. He's sharper than his brother. I don't think he would have been as malleable.

I agree but I think that his brother destroyed his hope of ever becoming President.

Jeb would have made a much better President than either his dad or his brother, but the stigma left from his brother ended all chances for him unless maybe he became VP and something awful happened to the President he ran with.

Immie

My old boss helped alter the history of the world.

Without giving too much away, my old boss was instrumental in a last minute campaign that defeated Jeb in 1994. Had Jeb won in 1994, he would have run in 2000, not W, which was the original Bush Grand Plan. But Jeb lost, W won, and the rest is history.

Jeb would have been a better President. He was a decent governor. He's sharper than his brother. I don't think he would have been as malleable.

I agree but I think that his brother destroyed his hope of ever becoming President.

Jeb would have made a much better President than either his dad or his brother, but the stigma left from his brother ended all chances for him unless maybe he became VP and something awful happened to the President he ran with.

Immie

My old boss helped alter the history of the world.

Without giving too much away, my old boss was instrumental in a last minute campaign that defeated Jeb in 1994. Had Jeb won in 1994, he would have run in 2000, not W, which was the original Bush Grand Plan. But Jeb lost, W won, and the rest is history.

Please tell your old boss that I hope he gets every evil thing coming to him. ;)

What can I say? Paybacks are a bitch. He deserves it.

Immie

Morning Joe

Not quoting, but I took his remarks as being a rebuke to all the stupid bashing and blame game. Blame Bush, blame Obama, blame Clinton, blame anyone who's handy at the time. Maybe I've got my optimistic hat on here, but I like it whenever I hear a Republican talk about the Neanderthal mentality that has stunk up the air quality in this country. It's such a rarity.

Yeah Why can't We All be as Blemish Free as Charlie Rangel!!!!! A Pillar of the Community!!!! I saw him at a wedding last week? Not!

Footage From Ways and Means Committee Private Meeting. ;););););)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdDO2heNrvU&feature=related]YouTube - never tell[/ame]

Charlie Rangel's Seven Deadly Sins
Zachary Roth | October 9, 2009, 1:27PM

Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)
Read More
Charles Rangel, House Ethics Committee, Ways and Means Committee
Digg This Send to a friend!To email: Your Name: Your email:

The House Ethics committee announced yesterday that it will expand its long-running probe into Charlie Rangel's financial affairs -- and Republican-led efforts are heating up once again to oust the beleaguered New York congressman from his post as chairman of the House Ways and Means committee.

We round up and rank the allegations against Rangel, from venal down to moronic.

1. A Tax Break Benefits A Contributor
Rangel reportedly worked last year to preserve a lucrative tax break for an oil-drilling company, at the same time the company's C.E.O. was pledging $1 million to a City College of New York educational center he had helped create, which was to be named in his honor. This is the only clear example of a possible quid pro quo in the list of charges -- though Rangel has said his protection of the tax break was not connected to the donation.

2. Failing To Report Assets
In late August, Rangel filed amended Congressional financial disclosure forms, admitting that he had earlier failed to report $660,000 worth of income and assets. The new disclosures, which prompted the Ethics committee to expand its inquiry, included tens of thousands of dollars in rental income from a Harlem brownstone Rangel sold in 2004, a credit-union checking account worth up to half-a-million dollars, stock in PepsiCo, some mutual fund investments, and a handful of vacant lots in southern New Jersey.

3. More Tax Problems
Rangel has received over $75,000 in income from a rental villa he owns in the Dominican Republic, but disclosed this income neither on his tax returns nor on Congressional disclosure forms. He has called the disclosure failures an oversight, and has paid over $10,000 in back taxes and penalties.

4. Fast And Loose With Rent Control Rules
Rangel reportedly rents four rent-stabilized apartments in the same Harlem building, at well below market rates. He reportedly uses one of them as a campaign office. City and state regulations prevent the use of rent-controlled apartments for purposes other than as a primary residence.

5. Using His Office To Raise Money
Rangel used his Congressional office letterhead to solicit donors for the C.C.N.Y. educational center.

6. Caribbean Junkets
Rangel and four other Democratic lawmakers took trips to the Caribbean that were funded and organized by an organization called the Carib News Foundation. These may have broken House rules on corporate-funded travel.

7. No Ordinary Parking Violation
Rangel's Mercedes was towed last September from the House parking lot last fall, because he had flouted rules barring the storage of vehicles for more than 45 days and requiring them to have license plates and a valid House parking sticker.

Although no formal investigation has substantiated these charges, most aren't in dispute. Republicans say that taken together, they mean Rangel's not the best person to be in charge of writing our tax laws. But ultimately, that'll be up to the Democratic leadership.

Charlie Rangel's Seven Deadly Sins | TPMMuckraker

Forum List

Back