Jeb Bush

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
I wonder how the country would look if Jeb had been the son groomed for the presidency instead of his brother. Jeb maintains all the conservative values the right stands for, as well as the moderate left, in my humble opinion.

Listen to him articulate on a variety of issues (operative word articulate). If the Democrats (especially in Congress) can't get their act together by 2012, and the Republicans continue to flail around among the fringe elements of conservatism, I would consider voting for Jeb Bush (voted for his father but not his brother) should he be hinting at going after the spot.

Morning Joe

you obviously didn't see "W", according to Oliver Stone Jeb was the one groomed to be President and the favorite and George Sr was pissed when W decided to run. :)

i doubt that will happen this time around, Jr just plain screwed up too badly to elect another Boooooooooooooooooosh that quickly LOL

I wonder how the country would look if Jeb had been the son groomed for the presidency instead of his brother. Jeb maintains all the conservative values the right stands for, as well as the moderate left, in my humble opinion.

Listen to him articulate on a variety of issues (operative word articulate). If the Democrats (especially in Congress) can't get their act together by 2012, and the Republicans continue to flail around among the fringe elements of conservatism, I would consider voting for Jeb Bush (voted for his father but not his brother) should he be hinting at going after the spot.

Morning Joe

He is My personal Favorite of the Bush's. Clearly more Serious and Mature than George. Moe conviction than Dad too.

you obviously didn't see "W", according to Oliver Stone Jeb was the one groomed to be President and the favorite and George Sr was pissed when W decided to run. :)

There are a lot of myths that Oliver Stone points to as facts.... Stone is a certifiable conspiracy nutjob that does not let facts get in the way of his story telling

Americans are fucking idiots.
You're all ready to try this again. :cuckoo:

Attachments

• $GW_and_Jeb_01.jpg
    $GW_and_Jeb_01.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 75
i was unaware that any were groomed for it. you act like they are just animals trained to jump through hoops.

And I dont for the life of me believe that the left would have loved Jeb any more than George if he won the Presidency.

I think he would be a fantastic V.P. Choice for the Ticket. Earn some Rep.

There are a lot of myths that Oliver Stone points to as facts.... Stone is a certifiable conspiracy nutjob that does not let facts get in the way of his story telling
I think W was pretty tame especially compared Nixon, I walked out of the movie which I slept through part of feeling sorry for Dub.

I haven't seen that yet. I missed it when it first arrived on PPV, and I keep looking for it since. Thanks for the reminder.

Americans are fucking idiots.
You're all ready to try this again. :cuckoo:

Maybe yes, maybe no. I don't think the Bushes are bad people, even Junior. I think GWB was cleverly manipulated by a full staffing of neocons, period. And I think he finally came to realize that (too late). The mere fact that he refused to pardon Scooter Libby said volumes in unspoken anger to me.

i was unaware that any were groomed for it. you act like they are just animals trained to jump through hoops.

And I dont for the life of me believe that the left would have loved Jeb any more than George if he won the Presidency.

Then you know nothing of presidential contests. They are first "groomed" by high-profile people within the respective parties who slowly start putting their faces in more public arenas, then they will form "interest groups" which begin the arduous task of raising local money. If it looks like a go, voila! The ones who don't make it are the lone soldiers like Tommy Thompson who think they have a chance at the prize by going solo in the pre-campaign efforts.

Of course the Bush family (like the Clintons) had a leg up, but it all comes down to recognition in the end. Obama never would have made it out of the gate were it not for his well-publicized speech at the 2004 Democratic convention. His "groomers" had been working toward that goal from that day forward.

I believe daddy Bush refers to it in his autobiography. (I could be mistaken, though). Barbara thought George was ill-equipped for the presidency and had expected Jeb to be president as well.

We'd have been better off with Jeb than his brother... and yes, I know the bar wasn't exactly set very high.

Jeb would have been a better President. He was a decent governor. He's sharper than his brother. I don't think he would have been as malleable.

I agree but I think that his brother destroyed his hope of ever becoming President.

Jeb would have made a much better President than either his dad or his brother, but the stigma left from his brother ended all chances for him unless maybe he became VP and something awful happened to the President he ran with.

Immie

i wonder how the country would look if jeb had been the son groomed for the presidency instead of his brother. Jeb maintains all the conservative values the right stands for, as well as the moderate left, in my humble opinion.

Listen to him articulate on a variety of issues (operative word articulate). If the democrats (especially in congress) can't get their act together by 2012, and the republicans continue to flail around among the fringe elements of conservatism, i would consider voting for jeb bush (voted for his father but not his brother) should he be hinting at going after the spot.

morning joe

no!!! No!!! No more bush's!!!!!!

Yeah, okay, because JFK was so historically accurate, setting the standard for all future historical films, especially those made by Oliver Stone. I can't wait to see his treatment of his favorite President, Hugo Chavez.

Forum List

Back