Jeb Bush cancels visit in wake of church shooting

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
Charleston was supposed to be in the national spotlight this week because of visits by prominent presidential hopefuls, not because of a horrific shooting.
"Due to the tragic events unfolding in South Carolina tonight, Governor Bush is canceling tomorrow’s events in Charleston."

Jeb Bush cancels visit in wake of church shooting - Post and Courier

That decision was strange, as for me. Why did he canceled Charleston`s visit? What was that, cowardice? or indifference? I think it would be better for him to visit this place and express the support to people personally

Good decision. A presidential candidate is going to pull a lot of police attention and I doubt Charleston has a lot of slack police time available right now.

Charleston was supposed to be in the national spotlight this week because of visits by prominent presidential hopefuls, not because of a horrific shooting.
"Due to the tragic events unfolding in South Carolina tonight, Governor Bush is canceling tomorrow’s events in Charleston."

That decision was strange, as for me. Why did he canceled Charleston`s visit? What was that, cowardice? or indifference? I think it would be better for him to visit this place and express the support to people personally

I suspect it's respect for the situation. Why make political hay out of it?

He is a presidential candidate. He have to show how is he able to support people, his voters. No? You think there is any danger for him ?

Good decision. A presidential candidate is going to pull a lot of police attention and I doubt Charleston has a lot of slack police time available right now.
Agreed, but, we can't let punks dictate whether or not we lead our normal lives.

Shitty situation for Bush, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Agreed, but, we can't let punks dictate whether or not we lead our normal lives.

Shitty situation for Bush, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Yep, people would bash him no matter what he decided to do.

Here are 10 of the worst domestic terror attacks by extreme Christians and right-wing white men
domestic_terrorists-800x430.jpg

He doesnt want to campaign after what happened.
That would be tacky in the extreme.

Total them up, you get a few months worth of Chicago.
you are just changing the subject from terrorism by whites to common crimes elsewhere...its a white cultural gun violence as a solution thing...you would understand...

...hmm. I agree with that last part. Dang. I really wanted to watch the speech I thought I missed it.

you are just changing the subject from terrorism by whites to common crimes elsewhere...its a white cultural gun violence as a solution thing...you would understand...

No, you're just inventing your own partisan side view.

No it's a crazy person doing stupid shit thing.

Forum List

Back