Japan's ugly history

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
2040520x5243595_P2.jpg

For the first time in a ROK-Japan summit talk, President Lee Myung Back strongly requested a resolution regarding the issues of Comfort Women back in WWII to the Prime minister of Japan, Noda Yoshihiko. However, instead the Japanese showed rude attitude, insisting on demolishing the Peace Monument, which is established in front of the Japanese embassy of Korea, as well as arguing against the dominium over Dokdo island, ending the summit with no results.

This really is too much of Japan. Japan's compulsory mobilization of Comfort Women is the biggest occasion of Sex slave and Human trafficking. Why would it be that not only the National Assembly of Korea and Taiwan, but also of the U.S., Canada, and the EU have all blamed Japan?

Is it a coincidence that the statement of 44 Japanese politicians in Washington Post, in 2007 saying that 'It was legalized with their agreement beforehand, most of them even earning more than Japanese generals', was only to be laughed and blamed at by the international community?

Even though the entire world is strongly criticizing Japan for what they've done in the past, the Japanese government is showing no effort to make any solutions towards the problem. This neglective attitude of Japan's doesn't mean that the wartime Sex Slave crime will be history to be forgotten.

Therefore, Japan should admit the presence of Comfort Women in WWII, show a sincere manner of apology, and compensate for the damages in order to become an ethical and democratic nation before the eyes of the entire world.

Man they sure don't make Japanese girls like they used to. Tank Gawd !

Keep dreaming, Mick. A bloated slob like you will never get any girl when you're perpetually faced down in a drunken stupor

China, Japan and Korea have gone to war and hated each other for 2000-5000 years depending on whose history book you read.

While China is seen by most as being the "Asian Motherland" where all culture in Asia comes from, a jealousy exists between all Asian countries towards Japan.

If you read the history of Asia you'll see that Japan has won a clear majority of the conflicts between nations, economic, military, trade and so forth. Japan rising from the ashes of WWII to become an economic superpower didn't help much in the way of relations either.

I'm not making excuses for the "comfort women" issue. But Korea has a real inferiority complex when it comes to Japan. They claim that Japan stole Korean porcelain and chopstick making technology during the occupation. They also claim that the Cherry Trees that are planted in D.C. were taken from Korea long ago.

I've asked Japanese people about that and most of them just say something along the lines of "Yeah maybe, but so what? That was how long ago?" This from the same people who cry about Hiroshima every year.

So it never ends! :D

Do you know where the term "hooker" came from?

I certainly do. Do you?

I'm not Syrenn, but I do know where the term comes from.

Gen. Hooker (Union), and his lax attitude to men under his command using prostitutes. Rumour has it that he preferred his men to use the band of "working women" that followed his army because he or his field hospital saw to it that they were free from venerial diseases, thus reducing the risk of his main force being dilapidated by sexually transmitted diseases.

Do you know where the term "hooker" came from?

I certainly do. Do you?

I'm not Syrenn, but I do know where the term comes from.

Gen. Hooker (Union), and his lax attitude to men under his command using prostitutes. Rumour has it that he preferred his men to use the band of "working women" that followed his army because he or his field hospital saw to it that they were free from venerial diseases, thus reducing the risk of his main force being dilapidated by sexually transmitted diseases.

The camp followers were called "Hooker's women" or just hookers. PERMITTING women to engage in prostitution is a far cry from the forced sexual servitude of the Japanese comfort women.

I would hate to see the terms confused.

Forum List

Back