James: Police ‘de-infest areas where gays congregate’

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
James: Police ‘de-infest areas where gays congregate’ · Q-Notes – Carolinas' premier LGBT news source – In Print, Online

CHARLOTTE — Two area LGBT youth service and advocacy groups are condemning an anti-gay slur and other comments made by Republican Mecklenburg County Commissioner Bill James, and demanding an immediate reprimand of his actions at the Dec. 15 commissioners meeting in which domestic partner benefits were approved for same-sex partners of county employees.

The groups’ strong statement comes as more comments from James are made public, including his assertion that police are working to “de-infest” areas where gays “congregate.”

On Dec. 17, the local Time Out Youth and national, Charlotte-based Campus Pride released a joint statement condemning James’ comments following Democrat Commissioner Vilma Leake’s personal and passionate story about her son’s 1993 death to AIDS. After she spoke, James leaned over to her and asked, “Your son was a homo, really?”

The controversy surroundings James’ comments has continued throughout the week as the GOP commissioner told media he would not apologize for his remarks. In a statement emailed to Charlotte Observer editorial staff, James said he was simply asking Leake to clarify her statements about her son, that his comments weren’t meant to be derogatory and that “homo” was a slang word he used when growing up.

Sure, some people grew up with the N word being said around them, doesn't make it right to say it.

In an email to a Charlotte resident, James made the argument that homosexual behavior was still illegal, and that police are “de-infesting” areas where gays congregate.

James wrote: “Homosexual conduct is illegal in NC (even after Lawrence V Texas). We arrest 250 homosexuals each year in Mecklenburg alone for either a ‘crime against nature’ or ‘solicitation of a crime against nature’. Unlike prostitution (exchanging money), even suggesting homosexual sex is a criminal offense in NC. If we were all that ‘progressive’ would we be arresting 250 homosexuals a year? Setting up sting operations to de-infest areas where they congregate? Point is, if you want to delude yourself that homosexual conduct is ‘ok’ go ahead. The law, the police and the DA however have a different view.”

Thoughts?

James wrote: “Homosexual conduct is illegal in NC (even after Lawrence V Texas). We arrest 250 homosexuals each year in Mecklenburg alone for either a ‘crime against nature’ or ‘solicitation of a crime against nature’. Unlike prostitution (exchanging money), even suggesting homosexual sex is a criminal offense in NC. If we were all that ‘progressive’ would we be arresting 250 homosexuals a year? Setting up sting operations to de-infest areas where they congregate? Point is, if you want to delude yourself that homosexual conduct is ‘ok’ go ahead. The law, the police and the DA however have a different view.”

-------------

What do you expect? Look at some North Carolina statistics:

Home - North Carolina - KIDS COUNT Data Center

Percent of Children without Health Insurance (2007) 13.1%
Percent of Low Birthweight Infants (2007) 9.2%
Overweight: low-income children who are overweight (2007) 17.3%

billjames.gif

And look at that guy. He's just angry that no gay wants him.

They don't even care about their own kids.

Talk about stone age mentality. Hopefully the good citizens will through his ass out on the street.

From the source cited it is unclear whether he, Bill James, is homophobic or just insensitive.
I was also unclear in the article (though I might have missed a point) whether the sting operations truly are designed to catch private adult couples or are being aimed at public places (such as parks) and pedophiles.
While I won't condemn Homosexuals, I am strongly against practicing pedophiles (if someone is celibate because they refuse to give in to pedophile urges then good for them).
I was concerned with the center servicing "young" people ages 13 to 23.
13 = children, 23 = adults, and any sexual encounter between the two is a crime
If this is part of the police de-infesting program I concur with that aspect.

Really seems like we have a snapshot of information to try and form an entire movie.

I would read the article, but I am far to lazy today. (Too many Christmas cookies.)

Anyway, why do so many gays congregate in city parks? Can't they find sex partners on the internet? I can't even take my kids to the park without having to explain to them why there are so many guys just sitting in their cars waiting. This has been a problem in the Little Rock area for years.

-------------

What do you expect? Look at some North Carolina statistics:

Home - North Carolina - KIDS COUNT Data Center

Percent of Children without Health Insurance (2007) 13.1%
Percent of Low Birthweight Infants (2007) 9.2%
Overweight: low-income children who are overweight (2007) 17.3%

billjames.gif

And look at that guy. He's just angry that no gay wants him.

They don't even care about their own kids.

Another example of how civil rights for blacks and gays parallel each other....after Brown V Board of Ed, many Southern states refused to get rid of their unconsitutional laws and behavior either. And look how we view those people today.

This guy is just a modern day Lester Maddox or even a Jesse Helms.

I would read the article, but I am far to lazy today. (Too many Christmas cookies.)

Anyway, why do so many gays congregate in city parks? Can't they find sex partners on the internet? I can't even take my kids to the park without having to explain to them why there are so many guys just sitting in their cars waiting. This has been a problem in the Little Rock area for years.

How is that much different than the straight couples necking (and more) in parking areas all over the place?

I see nothing wrong with the mans comments.

Homos are a plague that are infesting our society.

And need to be culled out for the safety and protection of our citizens and children.

"James: Police ‘de-infest areas where gays congregate’ "

Great news, but can they legally do this to congress?

How is that much different than the straight couples necking (and more) in parking areas all over the place?

You don't see that in Little Rock parks. It's the gay men that use the parks as a pick-up joint.

North Carolina

Great beaches, good weather, and affordable housing.

Too bad it's in the South.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with the mans comments.

Homos are a plague that are infesting our society.

And need to be culled out for the safety and protection of our citizens and children.

Islamic bigotry.
Has nothing to do with Islam

I have always believed this way long before I become a muslim.

All anyone has to do is hear how a homo talks and see how they act.

To see that they are mentally defective and need to be locked up for treatment.

Forum List

Back