James Comey Played To The Democrats

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Democrats and media hated J. Edger Hoover more than they hated cancer. Now, it appears that their hatred has contaminated the highest level of the FBI:

J. Edgar Hoover gave his name to the building that houses FBI headquarters and 55 years of his life to fighting crime. But a successor transformed his name into an unflattering adjective in Thursday’s hearings before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

“I was worried very much about being in kind of a J. Edgar Hoover-type situation,” former FBI director James Comey explained about salacious material compiled by a third party on Donald Trump that the FBI presented to the president. “I didn’t want him thinking I was briefing him on this to sort of hang it over him in some way.”

The disrespect did not sit well with some who served under the FBI’s first director.

“I worked for J. Edgar Hoover,” James Kallstrom told Breitbart News. “Everything that’s been said about J. Edgar Hoover is a total lie—talk about fake news.”

Comey Dig at J. Edgar Hoover Called ‘Cheap Shot’ by FBI Agent Who Served Under Bureau’s First Director
by Daniel J. Flynn9 Jun 2017

Comey Dig at J. Edgar Hoover Called 'Cheap Shot' by FBI Agent Who Served Under Bureau's First Director - Breitbart

I can see three reasons for Comey putting the knock on Hoover. The first one is obvious. Comey was firming up support from congressional Democrats.

The second reason is my opinion:

Incidentally, if anybody laid a trap for James Comey it was J. Edgar Hoover (1895-1972). There would have been no Comeygate when Hoover was FBI Director. He would have told Hillary Clinton “I will see you indicted and convicted if you run for president.”​

Journalism & democracy Are In Trouble

The third reason is historical fact and confirms the first two:

Incidentally, nobody stood up to FDR. Hoover did just that during WWII:​

Among those clamoring for internment of the Japanese was NOT FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover. He forwarded a memorandum to President Roosevelt informing him that 770 Japanese Americans should be questioned and or arrested. Not only did Hoover not recommend the internment of all Japanese Americans, but he thought it was both unnecessary and a gross violation of civil liberties.​

There Go Da Judge

In short: Comey could have resigned. Instead, in both instances he went along to get along:

CONCLUSION: Comey standing up to something he clearly thought was wrong is not in his DNA.

Hoover had the goods on politicians but JFK knew how to use Hoover. JFK illegally used the CIA to raise and train an illegal Cuban invasion army and JFK and his quirky A.G. brother used Hoover's FBI to illegally spy on MLK and tap his phone and leak salacious information to the media. As usual the media was in collusion with the democrat party and the criminal use of power was soon forgotten or excused.

Hoover had the goods on politicians but JFK knew how to use Hoover. JFK illegally used the CIA to raise and train an illegal Cuban invasion army and JFK and his quirky A.G. brother used Hoover's FBI to illegally spy on MLK and tap his phone and leak salacious information to the media. As usual the media was in collusion with the democrat party and the criminal use of power was soon forgotten or excused.
It was Eisenhower that raised and trained the army for the Cuban invasion. JFK's mistake was in assuming that politically he couldn't call it off.

To whitehall: Your interpretation of Hoover is too vague. Hoover correctly saw Communism as the principal threat during the Cold War. In my opinion, Hoover’s decision was influenced by one fact. Mafiosi would not betray the country.

Parenthetically, American Communists repeatedly accused Hoover of being too soft on the Mafia as a way of diverting FBI resources away from the Communists.

Finally, MLK’s assassination in 1968 gave him sainthood. Even Hoover (1895-1972) had to put aside his Communist suspicions during the remaining four years of his life.

Forum List

Back