Jackie Evancho's music sales boom after announcing inauguration performance

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Seems there may be good news for some supporting the incoming president.

Jackie Evancho's music sales boom after announcing inauguration performance

While some singers have pulled out of performing at President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration, Jackie Evancho isn't backing down.

The 2010 "America's Got Talent" runner-up says that while she's been criticized for agreeing to sing the National Anthem at the inauguration, she is choosing to ignore the haters.

"My family is kind of a big target. I have a transgender sister and so a lot of hate goes towards us," Evancho told People. "But I also get a lot of love. So, we pay most attention to that. Sometimes we get really annoyed with the hate, everyone does, we have to admit it but we just ignore it."

While some have been critical of Evancho's upcoming performance, a lot of fans have shown their support by buying the singer's music.

According to TMZ, Evancho's album sales have quadrupled since she was announced to perform at the inauguration.

Her 2011 album "Dream With Me" and her 2010 "O Holy Night" are sitting at number two on the Billboard charts.

In addition to Evancho, the Radio City Rockettes and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir are set to perform.

Perhaps the inauguration will introduce the stars of the future while the stars of the past pout and wend their way to obscurity.

I'm looking forward to her performance. But why are the talking heads on FOX mis-pronouncing her last name.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but those who have said that they don't want anything to do with the gathering, were they even asked to be a part of it?

God bless you and this girl always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I just heard a little bit of her singing. She is good, but she doesn't sing the kind of music that I go for. I do wish her all the best though. She sounds like she could be the kind of young person who should be in the spotlight. Anyone who takes issue over what she stands for should she ever share her beliefs with the world would only be helping other people not forget about her, and so in my opinion, she should tell them people who may "bully" here, "Thank you for not walking away from me." When you really think about it, a person's "haters" just might be even more loyal than their fans are. :) :) :)

Jackie Evancho and Donald Trump have one thing in common, they were both runners up in the vote. :2up:
Seriously, I think it's not cool for Jackie Evancho to get all the hate she is getting for preforming at Trump's inauguration. Some people have to grow up and,,,,,,,,

:up:

^^^ Amen to this. What them people don't seem to get is the fact that the singing has to be done by someone and if they do not want to do it, she or another person(s) will. Sometimes one person's treasure comes from what another person does not want and as of right now, I don't know of another person who is aware of that any better than me. My newest favorite singer is the late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal and a good deal of what I have of his singing was previously in the hands of another person.

God bless you and his family and Jackie always!!!

Holly

P.S. If only I had discovered him before his going forward. A marriage license with my name on it is what I would've asked him to sign for me if I had gotten to meet him.

Forum List

Back