Jack Smith admits he made false claims to court in Trump case

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015

Special counsel Jack Smith's team made a startling admission in its case against former President Donald Trump, acknowledging in a new court filing that it failed to turn over all evidence to Mr. Trump's legal team as required by law and falsely claimed that it had.

LYING ABOUT DISCOVERY?

This bullshit case needs to be thrown out.

Prosecutors withholding evidence has been a problem for a long time. They are never held accountable. This was one of the complaints those who protested an unfair justice system were condemning.

If it happened here, I believe there should be repercussions. I'd need something other than the Epoch Times to come to a definitive conclusion though. I looked, they were the only source I was able to find.

Is that The Donald's only defense ... it's obvious the OP has never pursued discovery ... probably never been in trouble with the law ... never been to court ... sad, just another goodie two-shoes who has no experience ... [sigh] ...

They're soooooo cute at this age ....

Why does Jack Smith need 3 years of video at Mar Lago? How long does it take to view 3 years of video?

Jack Smith is fishing, the video is so that they can search through it and try to concoct a crime or find people they can intimidate and extort until they turn on Trump.

Anyone in the video will be persecuted for associating with Trump.

More of a witch hunt, they have nothing, so they seized everything illegally.

Special counsel Jack Smith's team made a startling admission in its case against former President Donald Trump, acknowledging in a new court filing that it failed to turn over all evidence to Mr. Trump's legal team as required by law and falsely claimed that it had.

LYING ABOUT DISCOVERY?

Never happened

Why LIE? Just turn over the documents.

Has Jack Smith heard of discovery?
Who said it was a lie? People are allowed to make mistakes.

Also, all the documents had been turned over. What wasn’t turned over was surveillance footage. That footage was from Mar a Lago. I agree it should be turned over but shouldn’t Trump already have that?

Not only did Jack Smith fail to disclose video footage, they disclosed what they do have at such a late point that Trump's attorneys have no time to review all the footage.

Jack Smith most likely has not viewed all the footage, as the trail goes on Jack Smith will use a herd of government employees to scour the video for something they can use as propaganda.

Who said it was a lie? People are allowed to make mistakes.

Also, all the documents had been turned over. What wasn’t turned over was surveillance footage. That footage was from Mar a Lago. I agree it should be turned over but shouldn’t Trump already have that?

He said he did when he did not. That is a lie.

The only way Biden wins his case/persecution of Trump is if people are ignorant and just plain old stupid

In the Trump documents case, we’ve already seen how thorny issues of intent can be. There, many of us have argued that, in light of the president’s rights and responsibilities under the Presidential Records Act, it is essentially impossible for Jack Smith to prove that Trump knowingly violated the Espionage Act subsection charged.

Here, we have a similar issue. For all four of these charges, Smith needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump knew his claims about election integrity were false, and that he knew the legal theories his team advanced were not viable.

No lie of course. They failed to provide some tapes. They noticed they failed to provide the tapes so they rectified the error and sent them. then they wrote a letter to the court of their mistake.

The trial has not started. The defense has ample time to prepare, 9 months. No damage was done to the defense team whatsoever and if they require more time because of this then they can request it.

Looks like a total nothing burger. Literally, they fixed their own mistake long before the trial date.

LYING ABOUT DISCOVERY?

Jack Smith should be disbarred AND the case thrown out.

Forum List

Back