I've watched CNN for the last two days, including just now. The discussion of sanction Russian oil is shot down, not one mention of XL Pipeline

Not to the US.
Of course it benefits America

American workers refine the crude which is good for the local economy

And American companies realize a profit

whats not to like?

Ever heard the term "fungible?" Look it up.
Yes I know what that means. The only thing the US gets is the environmental risk if any and the lies. It's so great build it across Canada to the ocean.

Of course it benefits America

American workers refine the crude which is good for the local economy

And American companies realize a profit

whats not to like?
Motiva doesn't need more workers and pipelines are monitored in real time for pressure and flow rate from a central computer. They might need 5-6 employees. Motiva doesn't belong to the US.

The economist CNN had on minutes ago suggested that "since we are integrated in the global economy there is no way to sanction Russia oil that won't hurt us also"

She is basing this primarily on the supply/demand continuum, in which if the West decreases Russian oil, it will increase the price and everyone will pay more. Putin may even benefit more due to higher oil prices.

Oddly, no one on CNN ever seems to talk about increasing supply ourselves. If the argument is that cutting supply helps Putin, then why not increase it with the XL Pipeline and other measures?

30 Years of bad policies in the West. With MSM incompetent or complicit, I'm sure the next 30 years are going to be just as bad. I put the cancelling of the XL Pipeline right up there with your southern border "policy". I don't know who is helped by these policies but it sure isn't the average citizen or Americans long term sovereignty.

Who wins? Americas enemies.
CNN is a left leaning media source unfortunately read and viewed by many Americans. They also have a horse in this race. Big profits during wartime and war mongering, similar to big profits from enhancing public fear. It is way past time that CNN online and on air be replaced by an independent media source that presents all facts, not political opinions meant to appear as factual evidence. Although CNN is far from the worst offender at outright lying, they spin the truth in a superficial attempt to appear neutral, while they are absolutely not neutral.

Last edited:
CNN is a left leaning media source unfortunately read and viewed by many Americans. They also have a horse in this race. Big profits during wartime and war mongering, similar to big profits from enhancing public fear. It is way past time that CNN online and on air be replaced by an independent media source that presents all facts, not political opinions meant to appear as factual evidence. Although CNN is far from the worst offender at outright lying, they spin the truth in a superficial attempt to appear neutral, while they are absolutely not neutral.
Get off your ass and replace CNN and show us how it is done.

The economist CNN had on minutes ago suggested that "since we are integrated in the global economy there is no way to sanction Russia oil that won't hurt us also"

She is basing this primarily on the supply/demand continuum, in which if the West decreases Russian oil, it will increase the price and everyone will pay more. Putin may even benefit more due to higher oil prices.

Oddly, no one on CNN ever seems to talk about increasing supply ourselves. If the argument is that cutting supply helps Putin, then why not increase it with the XL Pipeline and other measures?

30 Years of bad policies in the West. With MSM incompetent or complicit, I'm sure the next 30 years are going to be just as bad. I put the cancelling of the XL Pipeline right up there with your southern border "policy". I don't know who is helped by these policies but it sure isn't the average citizen or Americans long term sovereignty.

Who wins? Americas enemies.
Because the XL pipeline is irrelevant.

The pipeline currently terminates in the US. The gut of oil at the terminus means it is sold to American companies at a slight discount.

Completing it will facilitate Chinese/Canadian owned oil to travel to the Gulf of Mexico to be sold to countries NOT named the United States.

Did you not know this?

JFC how do so many people not know jack shit about any of this?

Forum List

Back