It's time for a LESBIAN Peppa Pig: Lib Dem leadership hopeful says

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
2691984D00000578-0-image-m-52_1435686356566.jpg

More gay characters are needed on children’s television to send out the message same sex relationships are of ‘equal value’ to any other, Lib Dem leadership contender Norman Lamb has said.

Mr Lamb, who is standing against Tim Farron for the party leadership, said having a gay Peppa Pig should ‘absolutely not be out of the question’.

The former care minister said the lack of same-sex relationships on children’s TV suggests there is a ‘limit’ to gay rights.

It s time for a LESBIAN Peppa Pig according to Lib Dem leadership hopeful Norman Lamb Daily Mail Online

More gay characters are needed on children’s television to send out the message same sex relationships are of ‘equal value’ to any other, Lib Dem leadership contender Norman Lamb has said.

Mr Lamb, who is standing against Tim Farron for the party leadership, said having a gay Peppa Pig should ‘absolutely not be out of the question’.

The former care minister said the lack of same-sex relationships on children’s TV suggests there is a ‘limit’ to gay rights.

It s time for a LESBIAN Peppa Pig according to Lib Dem leadership hopeful Norman Lamb Daily Mail Online

I think there is a time and place for that, but it's not on young children's programming. If they watch television, they will be exposed to this soon enough.

I think there is a time and place for that, but it's not on young children's programming. If they watch television, they will be exposed to this soon enough.

How soon is too soon to be aware that people of the same sex are a couple?

I mean, we have mommy and daddy in TV programs, Peppa Pig certainly does, Peppa's mom and dad and uncle and aunt appear together, they don't fuck, they don't kiss, they don't do anything other than appear together. So do you think a kid would get all het up about two men standing together?

I mean, we have mommy and daddy in TV programs, Peppa Pig certainly does, Peppa's mom and dad and uncle and aunt appear together, they don't fuck, they don't kiss, they don't do anything other than appear together. So do you think a kid would get all het up about two men standing together?

I don't think trying to explain it to a toddler is going to make much sense. I don't see it as a huge problem, I just don't think the timing is right for a young child. It has nothing to do with me worrying that it will affect how the child turns out. You can't make people gay. I just don't think the timing is right, just my opinion.

I don't think trying to explain it to a toddler is going to make much sense. I don't see it as a huge problem, I just don't think the timing is right for a young child. It has nothing to do with me worrying that it will affect how the child turns out. You can't make people gay. I just don't think the timing is right, just my opinion.

Is this the perspective of an adult?

Do children notice? They're learning so much stuff that goes on around them, everything's new, they don't have preconceptions of ideas. Everything's strange for them.

The problem is only adults and their preconceptions. Children wouldn't care one but whether it's a male/female couple or not.

Forum List

Back