It's The F-Time Show With Chevy Chase

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    www.washintonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A3216-2004Dec15?language=printer

Even certified Hollywod liberals were reeling after Chevy Chase's pottymouthed Bush-bashing Tuesday night at the Kennedy Center, where the actor hosted and awards ceremony staged by People for the American Way.

He deployed the four letter word that got Cheney in hot water, using it as a noun. Chase called the president a "dumb [expletive]........He also used it as an ajective, assuring the audience, "Im no f--kin clown either.....This guy started a jihad."

So I had to reflect on why Hollywood has such a seething hatred for a decent man like Bush, yet never uttered a peep when corrupt moraly bankrupt Clinton was in office getting head in the Oval office while our dead boys were being dragged through the streets of Somalia

I came to the conclusion that Bush represents all that they dispise, Christianity, character, integrity, morality....things which most of these people don't possess. And they are angry that he is so successful being that way, and getting re-elected. Also they take the American's vote for Bush as a repudiation of them, which it is, their egos can't handle this. And so they demean themselves in retaliation.

2. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    True, this reminds me of Linda Rondstadt's screed in Los Vegas a while back....

I guess they figure, hey, if getting up in front of an audience and making a fool out of yourself trying to bash Bush worked for his royal heftiness, Michael Moore, it is worth a shot!

I'll bet that since this happened, Chevy Chase has been waiting by the phone for calls from his agent!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Maybe these guys are tired of playing "Mr.Nice guy" with the inferior, moral, red-staters so it's time for them cease the painful restraint they had been operating under and get up in the face of the conservatives who have voted to have an extended 4 year moratorium on their liberal orgy. Just a wild guess

4. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I say "Good for him! Keep up the good work!"

The more we see of the "actual face" of Hollywood movie stars, the sooner the majority of Americans will realize that these spoiled, selfish, little children deserve neither our admiration or attention outside the movie theater.

5. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Bonnie you are absolutly correct. Also, to me Hollywoods are people who spend their lives reading scripts. They are told what to say, where to stand, what to wear and so on - their job is being told what to do in every single aspect. They do not have a clear view on reality because their jobs and lives are make believe only they do not get that. They cuss the photographers yet they continually show up where these photographers are - they are desperate for attention in constant competetion with one another - whose the youngest looking, who has the best suit (or dress), who won the best award, and so on....they are kids that never grew up.

As for Chevy Chase or whatever his name is - wasn't he the actor who stared in a two bit movie back in the early eighties about a family on holiday? The unfunny clumsy guy from snl in the seventies? Isn't he classified under the title of 'what ever happened to?' - so what the hell is this washed up, unfunny movie star that never was a star doing in DC? Couldn't they find someone a little less washed up like David Hasselhoff or someone? I mean how far back in the 'has been actors' book did they go to dig this guy up from the cobwebs?
    Talk about f*cking idiots. They need not look any further than themselves.

6. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9

I think people got a clear view of these people before the election. They were the ones who used mad. sq garden as a place to raise money for that liberal guy that challenged Bush - does anyone remember his name? At any rate, I laugh in their faces 'HA!'...all your money, all your badmouthing did nothing....nothing.
    But anyway, most of them become wash ups anyway...I mean how many actors survive long term? very few. most loose their ability to entertain and thus sink like the titanic.

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I suppose what surprises me the most is when they behave like this they come across as very unhappy people. With all the money and material things they have they still seem so miserable and angry..........Yet most of us that are not multi millionaires are happy in general with our lives and our beliefs and our families, maybe we appreciate the simpler things in life like movies, dinner out, seeing familiy for the holidays, taking kids to the park etc. We don't need to be seen at some vacuous movie premiere or some faux charity dinner to feel good about ourselves............Maybe that's what it comes down too??

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    they found out there is nothing at the top of the big ladder they climbed--gotta be depressing for those without a soul.

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    YES!! I agree!

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    In fact--they are the proof secularism will fail !