It's Official: The Stimulus Isn't a Waste of Money

You cannot prove that as fact.

Now tell us, if the stimulus was so important that it had to be passed immediately, why is it that parts of it weren't even planned to take effect for several years later?

yes that was the 'plan'..however; it was Christine Romer who said ( last October or November that the stimulus Oomph to the economy in the here and now would be expended by March..thats March of 2010.....they have themselves to blame Care, Summer of Recovery? they were constantly beating the drum on the stimulus, now all is quiet no one on the campaign trial will speak of it.

These 1.4- 3.3 million jobs they supposedly created is vapor, the CBO said may have and their error of margin is well, would you trust anyone who gave you a number containing a margin of error they did? 1.3 to 3.3? I mean seriously......I have no doubt they saved jobs, they were gov. and union jobs, great, as we have said before, the reckoning is still coming because the paradigm has not changed.

The stimulus was supposed to bridge/abridge to growth...it has not performed as advertised.

If it were not so, we would not be waiting on a shitty GDP Q3 number ( due in late october) and the jobs report due to tomorrow, another month of crappy private job creation.

and speaking to the partisanship issue surrounding this, well, they reap what they sow...
snip-

In March 2004, when Barack Obama was a candidate for the U.S. Senate in the Illinois Democratic primary, he excoriated President George W. Bush for creating a "jobless recovery." The month he said that, 334,000 new jobs were created—none of them temporary Census ones—and unemployment was 5.8%.

"Mr. President, where are the jobs?" Rep. Nancy Pelosi asked on CNN in October 2003. "The American people will not settle for—nor should the Republicans celebrate—a jobless recovery." That month saw 203,000 new jobs and 6% unemployment. Her party would kill for such a rate today.

Karl Rove: Democrats and 'Poisoned' Politics - WSJ.com

Dishonest Trade Talk (washingtonpost.com)

Tax Cuts Become A Juicier Target (washingtonpost.com)

Last edited:
"Feds Spent $800,000 of Economic Stimulus on African Genital-Washing Program"
Feds Spent $800,000 of Economic Stimulus on African Genital-Washing Program | CNSnews.com

False and misleading. The money was a grant to UCLA study to determine better ways of getting voluntary HIV testing and improving counseling.

Which is it false or misleading. I provided a link to back up my statement, you provided nothing but an opinion. Hummm "what to believe", "what to believe".

Amazing how any good news or success by the Obama administration attracts the echo chamber crowd.
Too stupid to offer any solutions to the myriad of problems facing our country these clowns always respond with the same refrain, "ain't it awful, damn commies, ain't it awful".
When not dancing the Henny Penny Polka ("Oh My, the sky is falling, Oh MY") their hysteria turns to ad hominem attacks.
Well, I suppose this post is an ad hominem attack, so pot kettle me. Yet, what how else can one respond to stupidity and the arrogant self rightous? Reason and facts are not effective when dealing with the willful ignorant and stupid oddballs.

Failure was always an option, just remember that.

Forum List

Back