It's not over 'til it's over.

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by P F Tinmore, Jul 2, 2011.

1. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    The people vow to go to Gaza upon leaving Greece. How long can Greece hold foreign civilians without any legal justification?

And if this flotilla fails, they will just go again.

2. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Yeah, that is pretty nuts.

When did Israel get Gaza? Wasnt it in a war in which Israel was attacked?

If I take a bat to my neighbor's home to beat him and not only does he kick my butt but he takes away my bat, I don't cry to my mother expecting to get it back.

Anyway, I like the idea of another army fighting the extremists besides ours. The enemy of my enemy is....at least as useful as the Soviet Union in WWII if not also my ally

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    No. Gaza was occupied Palestinian land. Israel cannot win Palestinian land from Egypt.

4. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    So the Palestinians were in a war with Egypt when Egypt lost the land to Israel?

How long have the Palestinians had a country since the fall of the Roman Empire?

Really I think the peaceful Palestinians like all peaceful Muslims are lined up to get screwed for the next hundred years since we cant let their more excitable brothers build a modern military.

5. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    The Palestinians have never been at war with Egypt.

6. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    So if not by the Egyptians, who occupied Gaza from the Palestinians when the Israeli's won it?

7. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    Armistice lines (also known as the green line or '67 borders) were drawn on Palestine during the 1949 armistice agreement. These lines were specifically not to be borders. They did not make any changes to Palestine's borders. They designated areas of occupation. Jordan was to occupy the West Bank, Egypt was to occupy Gaza, and Israel was to occupy the rest.

The 1948 war was called by UN Security Council resolution. Nobody won or lost that war. No Palestinian land changed hands in that war.

8. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Huh......

So you are saying the Palestinians sprung up as a people in 1947 by edict of the United Nations cease fire and no one has taken their land from them?

I think Palestinians go back at least to the 1920's. Before that they were Ottomans Turks I suppose? These Palestinians just dont go back that far. Missourians go back further. Arabs have been there for 1400ish years but we are talking Palestinians.

Oh well. Looks like either we use our military to give the land back to the Romans or decide might makes right and quit pestering Israel?

9. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Oddly enough the Greeks of Alexander held the land 2500 years before the creation of Palestinians.

Weird place. If the Palestinians expect American or Western support they better start turning over Al Queida members daily.

10. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    The "Filistine" a Palestinians newspaper was referring to Palestinians as Palestinians since 1913. The Palestinians were calling Palestine their country since it was created by the League of Nations in 1922 when it defined their borders.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011