It's not "died suddenly" anymore. It's "medical emergency".

When you are on death's doorstep it's called "transitioning" now.

Mom is right bad off and the hospice nurse said she has started to "transition". I thought about asking if that's "mostly dead" but caught myself.

Mom is right bad off and the hospice nurse said she has started to "transition". I thought about asking if that's "mostly dead" but caught myself.
Sorry to hear that, man.

Thanks....She's had a very good run. It's time.
My best friend from childhood just died this past Monday. He'd been diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer less than 3 months ago and told at the time he probably had 6-9 months. They didn't factor in a case of pneumonia he came down with. It was astonishing how much he declined in a matter of a few days.

My best friend from childhood just died this past Monday. He'd been diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer less than 3 months ago and told at the time he probably had 6-9 months. They didn't factor in a case of pneumonia he came down with. It was astonishing how much he declined in a matter of a few days.
Just got the O-Dark-Thirty call....They found she had passed in her sleep at the 0300 hourly bed check.

They told me last evening that it would be this weekend sometime if not sooner as she was rapidly "transitioning".

But yeah, all her many ills started to cascade all at once. Looks like a gall bladder infection a few weeks back (she was too old to operate on) really got the ball rolling as far as the main "trigger event" went.

She had only been in the nursing home (from the hospital) for 15 days and maybe under hospice care for a month and a half.

The hospice and nursing home care was top notch and they both kept me abreast of what was going on with daily updates. No complaints from me at all.

OK....Headed down to the nursing home in a few minutes to meet the Hospice and funeral home folks.

We don't use the term "died" any more. It is passing away, transitioning or other euphemisms. Such is our society's fear of death.

Sorry to hear that Virginia

We don't use the term "died" any more. It is passing away, transitioning or other euphemisms. Such is our society's fear of death.

Yeah, I'm still uncomfortable with the term "transitioning". I guess it's a hospice thing. It's the first time I ever heard the term used. :dunno:

Sorry to hear that Virginia

Thanks....Just got back from the home....I live about a half mile away from the home I put her in.

The mortuary came and picked-up her body....Other than the tombstone engraving everything was already pre-arranged and paid for. I've done the same for the wife and myself.

Sorta surprised that in this day and age it still takes several days in Virginia to get a death certificate.

Yeah, I'm still uncomfortable with the term "transitioning". I guess it's a hospice thing. It's the first time I ever heard the term used. :dunno:

Thanks....Just got back from the home....I live about a half mile away from the home I put her in.

The mortuary came and picked-up her body....Other than the tombstone engraving everything was already pre-arranged and paid for. I've done the same for the wife and myself.

Sorta surprised that in this day and age it still takes several days in Virginia to get a death certificate.

I am sorry for your loss.

Forum List

Back