It's JUST a Freaking Website Problem, People

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
It really is. I've had website development as one of my services provided since 1999 and I was reminded yesterday, as I struggled with Google's behemoth mess called the "cloud" and their inability to interpret a .txt file properly without screwing up, that the ACA site had a much higher, faster, heavier volumed launch than Google. So let the programmers fix it and let's see how the actual health care program works.

A website which the government probably spent over 100 times more than necessary, if not more. $634,000,000 for the same type of site I go to routinely to buy art supplies.

The fraud and waste poured into the rat hole of this web abomination pales in comparison to the waste and fraud that will be rampant in the system once it is functioning. But at least we can all sleep comfortably with the knowledge that the IRS and FEDS will now have access to the most intimate physical ailments we have. All you punk ass liberals, they'll know your momma is a herpes factory and that your erectile dysfunction is chronic. Oh, and it will all cost you more, way more than any private insurance. Thank God it's free though, huh?

If it were a new iPhone, people would be saying they like it and hope the new software fixes the glitches.

Hell, if it were rock concert, people would be saying they're happy to wait in line in the cold and sleep on the sidewalk.

A quick search turns this kernel up about Amazon from 2007:

"""And I worked at Amazon for seven years; they have well over a hundred million lines of code in various languages, and "complexity" is frequently cited internally as their worst technical problem."""

Stevey's Blog Rants: Code's Worst Enemy

I am finishing up a 106-page site that has around 3000+ lines of code per page, mostly a lot of code linking to Amazon. How many lines is that? 318,000 lines.

If it were a new iPhone, people would be saying they like it and hope the new software fixes the glitches.

Hell, if it were rock concert, people would be saying they're happy to wait in line in the cold and sleep on the sidewalk.

Not to mention the debacle of Microsoft's history and yet Bill Gates reigns.

Remember Windows 2000? Total mess. Windows Vista? History.

Too bad people can't remember when HMO's were launched. It was a disaster. Same with Medicare.

It could be perfect and the rw's would whine and lie.

Its just brainless noise that they hope will take attention away from the goal.

The sheer stupidity is astounding. But worry not, when you get that gerbil stuck up your ass, the doctors will remove it from your colon and send the bill to an actual tax payer.:clap2:

Oh, and btw...foodstamp allotments take a hit effective 11/01/13.

Gotta pay for that crap program somehow.

It really is. I've had website development as one of my services provided since 1999 and I was reminded yesterday, as I struggled with Google's behemoth mess called the "cloud" and their inability to interpret a .txt file properly without screwing up, that the ACA site had a much higher, faster, heavier volumed launch than Google. So let the programmers fix it and let's see how the actual health care program works.

They only had three years to write the software and test it. I would like to know if it was developed by government employees or a private company.

If it was government employees, SNAFU. If a private company, I would like to know the name so I never use them.

LOL

HealthCare.Gov Needs Five Million Code Lines Rewritten

HealthCare.Gov Needs Five Million Code Lines Rewritten | National Review Online

They want to control your healthcare!

What could possibly go wrong?

Will they give people with asthma breathalyzers?

Sorry, but that's not much when you consider that your average Windows software program requires over 50 million.

So you want an organization that get 1/10 lines of code wrong to be in charge of your health care.

You have really really low standards

Oh piss off. Even the Government of Ontario fired the crew Obama hired for heaven's sake.

And why did Obama even give the gig to a Canuck firm? You do know they outsourced this biggie to a Canadian firm in Montreal?

And that they really have a horrid reputation?

They only had three years to write the software and test it. I would like to know if it was developed by government employees or a private company.

If it was government employees, SNAFU. If a private company, I would like to know the name so I never use them.

It was done by a company the Canadian government fired and refused to pay for incompetence on a 46million dollar project.

Yeah.. lets see... 3 years and $600,000,000 and it doesn't work.

But hey, it will all be ok.. seriously, they'll get it right...

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Canadian firm out of Montreal. And you will not believe how much money has been paid out to them.

The original bid has tripled in cost so far.

Forum List

Back