It's going to be getting REAL COLD everywhere!

Well this is going to suck......

Weather warning: Earth could be hit by MINI ICE-AGE as Sun ‘hibernates’

So much for any idea's like the Green New Deal. Would anything be more st00pid than that? Imagine that campaign slogan, "We seek to make the planet as cold as the dark side of the moon!"
Sanders can go around wearing Pink Floyd t-shirts.:113:
And yet the temperature keeps going up.

Imagine when the solar minimum is over.......
Imagine that. There’s no longer a mile thick sheet of ice covering Illinois.

So much for any idea's like the Green New Deal. Would anything be more st00pid than that? Imagine that campaign slogan, "We seek to make the planet as cold as the dark side of the moon!"
Why would the Sun play a role in the climate of the Earth? That’s crazy talk. It’s your damn SUV.

All bow in obedience to the mighty CO2 molecule..

I really hope these experts are wrong!
It would be a problem for many people (and for the whole nature I suppose)
And also I can't stand cold :(

True that...cold is the killer, not warmer temperatures. The wackos will never say what they believe the ideal temperature is for planet earth, but I wager that it isn't a the relatively cool temps we are living in right now...the earth hasn't even warmed completely out of the little ice age yet and there is talk of dipping down towards cold again...

The earth hasn't even warmed completely out of the little ice age yet....You think warming back to the temperatures before the little ice age would be disastrous? Ever hear of the Renaissance? It was a great time and the warmer temperatures were responsible. Ever hear of the dark ages? Starvation, plagues....cold temperatures...the little ice age. You people don't seem to be able to think as far ahead as the end of your nose...

Your link doesn't work for me, but this is another Zharkova claim, which is too singular for me since she is ignoring the Ocean buffering effects, which are well known to exist. I would be a lot more concerned when the North Atlantic Oscillation Index starts on a prolonged downward spiral, it is currently in the POSITIVE phase.

With ENSO being active on El-Nino events, and NAO in Positive phase, it is why it has been staying warm overall the last year.

Latest Global Temp. Anomaly (December '19: +0.56°C)
Weak El Nino Conditions Help Explain Recent Global Warmth

LINK

It takes a long while for the decreased sunspot effect to show up, which is why despite a significant decrease of sunspots since the beginning of the century hasn't translated into a prolonged cooling trend. The Maunder Minimum worked only because it was many decades long and that accumulation of the decrease effect showed up slowly over time.

the oceans only have so much heat to give up....and it isn't being replaced...

Here in Maine the growing season has always been short and although they may not be the best tasting ever, there are lots of veggies that have been hybridized to mature quickly. We won't starve.
I agree with you 100% about the cold, though.

Here in Maine the growing season has always been short and although they may not be the best tasting ever, there are lots of veggies that have been hybridized to mature quickly. We won't starve.
Have you ever heard of the seed vault in Norway ?

They are many ways to extent the growing season even for your area. It is really simple too, using the raised bed concept with dimensions like 4' wide x20' long beds.and use a "hoop" method to be able to plant a couple weeks earlier, and a few weeks later into the fall than you normally would.

Here is one example on how to do it, I would have the poles on the outside and into the ground at the base of the board.

How to Make a Hoop House for a Raised Bed

=====

If you really want to go the whole way, here is a video that combines watering, protecting and more in a permanent greenhouse set up for raised beds.

The only difference I would make is to use GREY PVC pipe as it is made for above ground, resist Solar radiation damaging much better.

Tonyia's Tunnel Greenhouse - Raised Garden

Last edited:
Now they are saying we could get 7 to 8 inches of snow.

Have you ever heard of the seed vault in Norway ?

Of course, but that doesn't have anything to do with Canadian hybrids.

They are many ways to extent the growing season even for your area. It is really simple too, using the raised bed concept with dimensions like 4' wide x20' long beds.and use a "hoop" method to be able to plant a couple weeks earlier, and a few weeks later into the fall than you normally would.

Here is one example on how to do it, I would have the poles on the outside and into the ground at the base of the board.

How to Make a Hoop House for a Raised Bed

=====

If you really want to go the whole way, here is a video that combines watering, protecting and more in a permanent greenhouse set up for raised beds.

The only difference I would make is to use GREY PVC pipe as it is made for above ground, resist Solar radiation damaging much better.

Tonyia's Tunnel Greenhouse - Raised Garden

People have used that for centuries, Tommy--it works good! I've never been that hard core a gardener. For plants that take longer, I will start them inside or buy them as good sized seedlings.

I have lettuce and sweet peas in the ground already ... if all danger of frost isn't over by Feb 1st, you've made a terrible life choice living where you do ... [giggle] ... (I love saying that this time of year) ...

Imagine when you learn to think through the data, the peak temperature was FOUR Calendar years ago...... it was .30C warmer in 2016 than in December 2019, that is normally called a COOLING trend since 2016...., it hasn't been warming for 3 years now.

:auiqs.jpg:
Lol, not too long ago you climate denying looks were claiming it hadn't been warming for 10 years.

What happened there?

Forum List

Back