It's going to be getting REAL COLD everywhere!

This is just another factor in earth’s climate. And if you read the article, guess what, there is no consensus of how the GSM will ultimately effect earth’s climate. Can one of you AGW Chicken Littles show me the model that includes consideration of this GSM?

Your link doesn't work for me, but this is another Zharkova claim, which is too singular for me since she is ignoring the Ocean buffering effects, which are well known to exist. I would be a lot more concerned when the North Atlantic Oscillation Index starts on a prolonged downward spiral, it is currently in the POSITIVE phase.

With ENSO being active on El-Nino events, and NAO in Positive phase, it is why it has been staying warm overall the last year.

Latest Global Temp. Anomaly (December '19: +0.56°C)
Weak El Nino Conditions Help Explain Recent Global Warmth

LINK

It takes a long while for the decreased sunspot effect to show up, which is why despite a significant decrease of sunspots since the beginning of the century hasn't translated into a prolonged cooling trend. The Maunder Minimum worked only because it was many decades long and that accumulation of the decrease effect showed up slowly over time.

Last edited:
I really hope these experts are wrong!
It would be a problem for many people (and for the whole nature I suppose)
And also I can't stand cold :(
They aren't experts.
Well this is going to suck......

Weather warning: Earth could be hit by MINI ICE-AGE as Sun ‘hibernates’

So much for any idea's like the Green New Deal. Would anything be more st00pid than that? Imagine that campaign slogan, "We seek to make the planet as cold as the dark side of the moon!"
Sanders can go around wearing Pink Floyd t-shirts.:113:
This month there’s been a hoopla about a mini ice age, and unfortunately it tells us more about failures of science communication than the climate. Such failures can maintain the illusion of doubt and uncertainty, even when there’s a scientific consensus that the world is warming.

The story starts benignly with a peer-reviewed paper and a presentation in early July by Professor Valentina Zharkova, from Northumbria University, at Britain’s National Astronomy Meeting.

The paper presents a model for the sun’s magnetic field and sunspots, which predicts a 60% fall in sunspot numbers when extrapolated to the 2030s. Crucially, the paper makes no mention of climate.

The first failure of science communication is present in the Royal Astronomical Society press release from July 9. It says that “solar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030s” without clarifying that this “solar activity” refers to a fall in the number of sunspots, not a dramatic fall in the life-sustaining light emitted by the sun.

The press release also omits crucial details. It does say that the drop in sunspots may resemble the Maunder minimum, a 17th century lull in solar activity, and includes a link to the Wikipedia article on the subject. The press release also notes that the Maunder minimum coincided with a mini ice age.

But that mini ice age began before the Maunder minimum and may have had multiple causes, including volcanism.

Read the rest at the link.

The ‘Mini Ice Age’ Hoopla Is A Giant Failure Of Science Communication

We got snow coming for 2 days and high temps below freezing. Lows in the teens.

Now there is no way this could be true. The God of green(Al Gore) has assured everyone that the oceans are going to rise and temperatures are going to make the earth is going to be unlivable.
That's why he lives in a large house near the ocean.
Just goes to prove that you don't have to be anything more then a failed presidential candidate to cause scare tactics to take hold.

I keep telling you people: buy a decent used fur coat on Ebay now before prices go through the roof.

Saw an article couple weeks ago new solar cycle had started with new sun spots....minimum postponed .

So much for any idea's like the Green New Deal. Would anything be more st00pid than that? Imagine that campaign slogan, "We seek to make the planet as cold as the dark side of the moon!"
And yet the temperature keeps going up.

Imagine when the solar minimum is over.......

Imagine when you learn to think through the data, the peak temperature was FOUR Calendar years ago...... it was .30C warmer in 2016 than in December 2019, that is normally called a COOLING trend since 2016...., it hasn't been warming for 3 years now.

:auiqs.jpg:

This could be a real threat to our food supply.

I was following this last summer & I decided to plant corn (again) in my back yard just to see how it did. I planted 100 seeds (my own saved heirloom seed).

Because of the cold & wet I couldn't get it planted until 6-6.

At the end of the season I harvested 17 ears total and only 2 of them were really good.

I've never had a harvest that terrible! Not even close!

And yet the temperature keeps going up.

Imagine when the solar minimum is over.......
For better or worse, nature will take its course.

Forum List

Back