It's easier to condemn homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because Christians are being assimilated by attrition. Slowly becoming what others have accepted. The attack on those who oppose gay marriage is compounding... I mean.... like compound interest multiplies, so to is the leftist culture.

Exactly, and it's not going to stop anytime soon. They don't intend to stop demanding and forcing their lifestyle down our throats against our will. One of these days, I can see them cheering a law making it acceptable for gay people to molest heterosexuals and daring anyone to stand against that out of fear of being called names. It's exactly where society is headed. Nothing is good enough for them. Those of us who have tolerated them are starting to wonder if it wouldn't have been an easier road to just condemn their acts and run them out of society on a rail. I hate to be like that but it's where I think they've pushed this. And ironically, I don't think it's necessarily the gay community behind all this... I think it's secular liberals with a political agenda against Christians. THAT is who is fueling all this controversy. They don't give the first rip about gays, they want to destroy the religious foundations of society... THAT's what this is all about.

I can see you still maintain your "yuck" factor towards homosexuals. You prefer the days when they were in the closet and were fine as long as they kept quiet about it.

We used to hear the same argument about blacks. Hollywood was pushing them in movies. They were given starring roles where the public was used to only whites getting those roles. There was outrage if blacks and whites kissed or had a relationship

Took a long time, but those attitudes have slowly changed.
Same will happen with gays and their relationships will become no big deal

That is what you fear

I am deeply offended that homosexuals want to compare their "plight" with people who are black. You have no control over your race, it's what you are born with and can't do a thing about. Your sexual behavior is something you CAN control. I don't give a shit how you are born... pedophiles are born with the propensity to mess with kids... they are expected to control that urge.

Attitudes HAVE changed, that's my whole point here. Despite the efforts made by millions like myself who have tolerated your behavior and accepted that you get sexual pleasure from homosexual acts, allowing you to live as you please and not condemning you for it... look where we are today... you can't be satisfied. It's never going to be enough.

I have to wonder, would it have just been easier to condemn homosexuality? We can't seem to do enough to please you or appease you... it keeps getting pushed to the next level and then, the next... no end in sight, no sense of rationality whatsoever. Just keep forcing more and more of it down our throats and demanding we accept it or face your wrath. When does this stop? At what point will homosexuals be satisfied? I don't think there IS a point. I think this is a futile effort and maybe we need to reconsider our positions? Maybe it's NOT the right thing to try and tolerate this?

Civil rights are still civil rights
It doesn't matter if gays get to "choose" to be gay or not. You choose your religion but are still entitled to civil rights

Nobody is forcing you to accept homosexuality...you are free to hate anyone you want

What you can't do is force the government to accept your hatred
Bull, gays have been forcing their perverse behavior on us for awhile now. Lying libtards.

That's because Christians are being assimilated by attrition. Slowly becoming what others have accepted. The attack on those who oppose gay marriage is compounding... I mean.... like compound interest multiplies, so to is the leftist culture.

Exactly, and it's not going to stop anytime soon. They don't intend to stop demanding and forcing their lifestyle down our throats against our will. One of these days, I can see them cheering a law making it acceptable for gay people to molest heterosexuals and daring anyone to stand against that out of fear of being called names. It's exactly where society is headed. Nothing is good enough for them. Those of us who have tolerated them are starting to wonder if it wouldn't have been an easier road to just condemn their acts and run them out of society on a rail. I hate to be like that but it's where I think they've pushed this. And ironically, I don't think it's necessarily the gay community behind all this... I think it's secular liberals with a political agenda against Christians. THAT is who is fueling all this controversy. They don't give the first rip about gays, they want to destroy the religious foundations of society... THAT's what this is all about.

I can see you still maintain your "yuck" factor towards homosexuals. You prefer the days when they were in the closet and were fine as long as they kept quiet about it.

We used to hear the same argument about blacks. Hollywood was pushing them in movies. They were given starring roles where the public was used to only whites getting those roles. There was outrage if blacks and whites kissed or had a relationship

That is what you fear

I am deeply offended that homosexuals want to compare their "plight" with people who are black. You have no control over your race, it's what you are born with and can't do a thing about. Your sexual behavior is something you CAN control. I don't give a shit how you are born... pedophiles are born with the propensity to mess with kids... they are expected to control that urge.

Attitudes HAVE changed, that's my whole point here. Despite the efforts made by millions like myself who have tolerated your behavior and accepted that you get sexual pleasure from homosexual acts, allowing you to live as you please and not condemning you for it... look where we are today... you can't be satisfied. It's never going to be enough.

I have to wonder, would it have just been easier to condemn homosexuality? We can't seem to do enough to please you or appease you... it keeps getting pushed to the next level and then, the next... no end in sight, no sense of rationality whatsoever. Just keep forcing more and more of it down our throats and demanding we accept it or face your wrath. When does this stop? At what point will homosexuals be satisfied? I don't think there IS a point. I think this is a futile effort and maybe we need to reconsider our positions? Maybe it's NOT the right thing to try and tolerate this?

It doesn't matter if gays get to "choose" to be gay or not. You choose your religion but are still entitled to civil rights

Nobody is forcing you to accept homosexuality...you are free to hate anyone you want

Bull, gays have been forcing their perverse behavior on us for awhile now. Lying libtards.

Who is forcing you to be homosexual?

Gays are just refusing to hide the fact that they are homosexual. That you can't deal with it is your own hangup

I am probably one of the most tolerant people you'll ever meet. I just spent a week sleeping in a tent with a gay guy... didn't bother me or him one little bit. Like I said... plenty of gay friends and family members who I love and adore. But as tolerant as I am, I have my limits. I'm about done with my tolerance level when it comes to accepting things. If you can't live your gay life without infringing on me, go fuck yourself. I'm tired of defending myself, being called names, ridiculed and scorned because I won't stand for you trashing the Constitution in order to legitimize your homosexual behavior. Enough is enough!
Amen to this! We straight people have never once asked for special treatment because of our being straight, so why should anyone else get any? If the homosexuals are going to say that they stand for equality, then they need to learn how to make sure that their choice of actions match that statement, because a person's choice of action is what tells the real story in this "Talk is cheep." kind of world.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

That is what you fear

Sorry to hear that you've been forced to be gay.

I am starting to think it would be easier for us to condemn homosexuality than to tolerate it. Clearly to me, we (society) are trying to accept homosexuality in our culture without passing judgement but it's simply impossible because it won't be allowed. They continue to push harder for more and more special conditions to be established in order to accommodate their gayness. If there is the least bit of opposition, that is immediately turned into "homophobia" and the objector is vilified as a hater and bigot.!

"we" as a society started off condemning persons who were homosexuals.
Luckily 'we' as a society saw the error of mistreating people simply because of who they were attracted to- this came through years of legal efforts to fight discriminatory laws and actions.

What 'special conditions' are you imagining?

No longer being fired for simply being married to the person they love?
No longer being fired just for being gay?
Not being arrested for having sex?
Not being arrested for being in a bar with gay people?

For a couple of hundred years, the anti-homosexual bigots have attempted to villify homosexuals- and continue to do this to this day. Pointing that out is both reasonable and should be encouraged.

I am probably one of the most tolerant people you'll ever meet. I just spent a week sleeping in a tent with a gay guy... didn't bother me or him one little bit. Like I said... plenty of gay friends and family members who I love and adore. But as tolerant as I am, I have my limits. I'm about done with my tolerance level when it comes to accepting things. If you can't live your gay life without infringing on me, go fuck yourself. I'm tired of defending myself, being called names, ridiculed and scorned because I won't stand for you trashing the Constitution in order to legitimize your homosexual behavior. Enough is enough!
Amen to this! We straight people have never once asked for special treatment because of our being straight, so why should anyone else get any? If the homosexuals are going to say that they stand for equality, then they need to learn how to make sure that their choice of actions match that statement, because a person's choice of action is what tells the real story in this "Talk is cheep." kind of world.

Holly

You understand, I hope, that when homosexuals try to get equal treatment, it is because they have been treated less than equally, meaning heterosexuals have already had 'special treatment'? For example, if someone can be fired from their job for being gay but not for being straight, straights are getting 'special treatment'.

We've bent over backwards to try and please them but they won't be satisfied. We've taught our kids to accept them, our pastors and ministers preach about being tolerant, love the sinner and hate the sin. We've allowed them the dignity of coming out of the closet but it seems no matter what efforts are made to try and accept their behavior, it's simply not enough. We're pushed and pushed even further. There is no end... it's becoming sheer madness.!

Really- you allowed them? Why is treating homosexuals equally driving you mad?

That is what you fear

Who is forcing you to be homosexual?

Gays are just refusing to hide the fact that they are homosexual. That you can't deal with it is your own hangup
If you had a brain you would be worthy a correction.

That is what you fear

Sorry to hear that you've been forced to be gay.
You are as stupid as rightringer

One of these days, I look for some gay lobby to push for a law which allows gay men to openly shove their penis in your mouth or ass when in public, so as to accommodate their sexual urges... and IF you deny them that "right" you are a homophobic bigot! Don't laugh, it's where this kind of shit always ends because there is no giving them what they want. It will never be enough.

Oh I am laughing at your homophobic paranoia.

No- gay men are not going to be advocating to be able to rape you in public- odds are no gay man would want to have anything to do with you.

This is just your homophobic paranoia kicking in. The real question is why you fantasize about this.

Holly

You understand, I hope, that when homosexuals try to get equal treatment, it is because they have been treated less than equally, meaning heterosexuals have already had 'special treatment'? For example, if someone can be fired from their job for being gay but not for being straight, straights are getting 'special treatment'.
Maybe because straight is normal behavior.

At what point does society STOP being tolerant and PC? When do we reach that tipping point where we say... ya know what, maybe it was a mistake to accept you people and tolerate this? Perhaps your behavior is inappropriate and wrong, and we have been foolish trying to condone it for all this time? Could we ever reach such a 'backlash' point? I think we can because inevitably it's where they are going to push us. They are bound and determined to turn America against them or die trying. Change your laws! Make marriage be about your sexual behaviors and not what it has traditionally meant for 5,000 years! Tolerate it in your face every day 24/7 or face being castigated as a bigot.

Perhaps try treating homosexual persons the same way as you do heterosexual persons?

Perhaps you should try to figure out why you are so angry about homosexuals being treated equally under the law.

When does society stand up and say, you know what? We're done being nice! Go to hell and take your cock-sucking perverted friends with you! WE don't have to tolerate YOU... YOU have to tolerate US! --WE don't have to accept you being gay... you need to abandon that behavior or get help, but don't ask for special treatment anymore... we're done!!

You mean- go back to how it was when homosexuals were discriminated against- legally and socially?

You want to criminalize sexual activitiy between consenting adults? Throw people in jail for being homosexuals? Deny employment to homosexuals?

You really are longing for the old days aren't you?

Now, patiently we've tried for the past 30 years or so, to accept gay people and be tolerant of their lifestyles. We're no closer to appeasing them now than we've ever been and I don't know that we can ever appease them enough. It might just be easier to roll all this back and start over with the mindset that something is wrong with you gay people and we're not going to accept it into our culture anymore. If you don't like it, move to France or somewhere homosexuality is normal.

...Let the flames begin!

Why don't you move to France since you don't seem to like Americans who happen to be gay?

Really- you have 'tried' for the last 30 years- by passing laws specifically to deny marriage to gay couples? Tell me more what you have done for the last 30 years to promote acceptance of gay Americans.

You mean like gay tv shows hurt yours?

Heres a novel idea....

If the shows suck, theyll fail. Pussy.

Oh, they don't hurt me. I am probably one of the most tolerant people you'll ever meet. I just spent a week sleeping in a tent with a gay guy... didn't bother me or him one little bit. Like I said... plenty of gay friends and family members who I love and adore. But as tolerant as I am, I have my limits. I'm about done with my tolerance level when it comes to accepting things. If you can't live your gay life without infringing on me, go fuck yourself. I'm tired of defending myself, being called names, ridiculed and scorned because I won't stand for you trashing the Constitution in order to legitimize your homosexual behavior. Enough is enough!

Well hmmm.

See I don't have an issue with gay people either- but I also don't have your anti-gay fantasies- so perhaps I am more tolerant?

How are you being infringed upon?

Anyone trying to force you into a gay marriage? Insisting that you be gay?

Because frankly- so far all you seem to want to do is complain about homosexuals- which doesn't seem very 'tolerant' to me.

What we are witnessimg are the final emotional throws of bigots who have to come to grips with the rest of society for some reason no longer supporting their bigotry.

No, what you are witnessing is otherwise tolerant and rational people becoming frustrated because they can't ever seem to do enough for gays. You keep pushing and pushing for something you're never going to have...

You see, what you really want is to be accepted as normal... but you're not normal, are you? You realize what you do is wrong and abnormal for human beings and you seek to have your abnormal behavior accepted and legitimized... but you know that it never will be. No amount of tolerance will ever suffice, you'll keep on pushing until society pushes back, and they will.

I have yet to see any tolerant or rational people making your claims.

You want to tell homosexuals that how they are attracted to others of the same gender is wrong- and 'abnormal'.

Well frankly at this point in time your attitude is wrong- and abnormal. But you are allowed to have wrong and abnormal attitudes. I tolerate them- but like you- I can criticize your wrong and abnormal attitude.

Holly

LOL- yes- we straight people have never asked not to be fired for being heterosexual. We straight people have never asked not to be arrested for having consensual sex with our partner in our bedroom. We straight people have never asked to be allowed to marry the heterosexual we love.

We straight people have never once asked to be treated exactly the same as gay people.

I am deeply offended that homosexuals want to compare their "plight" with people who are black.

...and speaking as a Native American, the term 'plight' in regards to homosexuals...and even to blacks to a certain extent...doesn't exactly equate to what the native Americans went through. At one point, for example, a law was passed making it ok to kill any Indian...period. (It was repealed fairly quickly, but still...)

So until homosexuals are hunted, killed, rounded up, and placed on and confined to scant, barren plots of land all around the US (although being our own 'nation within a nation' has its perks now - like our own casinos :) ), I am not that moved by whining about their 'plight'.

(Native Americans: 'Fighting Illegal Aliens Since 1492....'. You white people - good luck with that...you can see how much luck we had with it. lol )

LOL- so is this the case of which minority group has been discriminated against the wort?

Like pretty much every minority group that has been discriminated against in the United States- gay Americans have had to fight for equal rights.

Do I think that your particular group was treated worse? Yes. Doesn't mean for example that means therefore that discrimination against Jews or Mormons or Japanese or gays is therefore okay.

That is what you fear

What homosexual behavior have you been forced to do?

Be very specific- and use graphic terms for the body parts.

Holly

Maybe because straight is normal behavior.

Whether a behavior is 'normal' is not a good reason to allow discrimination or unequal treatment under the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back