Its a start, but yet just a proposal.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — It's only for women over 30, who must be off the road by 8 p.m. and cannot wear makeup behind the wheel. But it's still a startling proposal.
The Saudi king's advisory council — whose suggestions are not binding — has recommended that the government lift its ban on female drivers, a member of the council told The Associated Press Friday. Local media subsequently quoted an official denying the report.
There have been years of campaigning against the kingdom's staunch rejection of any review of the ban. Though they are not obligatory on the government, simply making the recommendation would be a major step after years of the kingdom staunchly rejecting any review of the ban.

Under the recommendations outlined by the council member speaking to AP, only women over 30 would be allowed to drive and they would need permission from a male relative — usually a husband or father, but lacking those, a brother or son. They would be allowed to drive from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday through Wednesday and noon to 8 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. It wasn't immediately clear why the restrictions would be different Thursday and Friday, as the Saudi weekend was changed by royal decree in 2013 to Friday and Saturday.
AP Exclusive Easing of Saudi driving ban possible

fret not ----deltex------just heard that because of the current
"situation" oil prices are going down---------what you spend
in insurance will be made up AT THE PUMP------maybe

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — It's only for women over 30, who must be off the road by 8 p.m. and cannot wear makeup behind the wheel. But it's still a startling proposal.

The Saudi king's advisory council — whose suggestions are not binding — has recommended that the government lift its ban on female drivers, a member of the council told The Associated Press Friday...

Under the recommendations outlined by the council member speaking to AP, only women over 30 would be allowed to drive and they would need permission from a male relative — usually a husband or father, but lacking those, a brother or son. They would be allowed to drive from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday through Wednesday and noon to 8 p.m. on Thursday and Friday.

So let me be sure I'm understanding you:
You laud Saudi Arabia for MAYBE sometime in the future allowing women to drive (without make-up) a bit but spend hours here castigating Israel where women have long had full driving and make-up rights?
I realize you won't see it but I assure you only raving anti-Joooo twits like yourself will miss the flaming hypocrisy. Thanks for playing, :asshole:!!

The Saudi king's advisory council — whose suggestions are not binding — has recommended that the government lift its ban on female drivers, a member of the council told The Associated Press Friday...

Under the recommendations outlined by the council member speaking to AP, only women over 30 would be allowed to drive and they would need permission from a male relative — usually a husband or father, but lacking those, a brother or son. They would be allowed to drive from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday through Wednesday and noon to 8 p.m. on Thursday and Friday.

So let me be sure I'm understanding you:
You laud Saudi Arabia for MAYBE sometime in the future allowing women to drive (without make-up) a bit but spend hours here castigating Israel where women have long had full driving and make-up rights?
I realize you won't see it but I assure you only raving anti-Joooo twits like yourself will miss the flaming hypocrisy. Thanks for playing, :asshole:!!

PS arab muslims can drive in Israel----both men and women------ jews, neither men or women, can
drive in Saudi Arabia and always remember "ISLAM HAS THE MOST TOLERATION"

Forum List

Back