“It’s a Long Tradition in RI,” Whitehouse Defends Family’s Membership in All-White Club

White supremacist alert! Quick! Call Merrick 'Mr. Moderate' Garland.

The hypocrisy of Democrats never ends.

U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse continues to defend his family's membership in the all-white private Bailey’s Beach Club in Newport.
GoLocal interviewed Whitehouse on Friday in Pawtucket and when asked if the private club had admitted any minorities since GoLocal first raised the issue in 2017, Whitehouse said, “I think the people who are running the place are still working on that and I’m sorry it hasn't happened yet.”
Both Whitehouse and his wife Sandra as well as their families have been members of the club for decades. Whitehouse did transfer his shares in the club to his wife years ago, and she is now one of the largest shareholders in the all-white club. The club's membership is a who's who Newport, Palm Beach, and New York wealth.
“It's a long tradition in Rhode Island and there are many of them and I think we just need to work our way through the issues, thank you,” said Whitehouse as he was ushered away by a staffer.
The interview took place on the eve of the new national holiday Juneteenth National Independence Day.

A. Note the lack of mention of the (D) after his name in almost all news stories that even cover it.

B. He remained in the club for one reason - he felt the media would cover for him. Now watch this story disappear.

This is what Racist say:

" ... Now, had the tables been turned -- Joe, this could get me in trouble -- had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and Antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned."
what’s racist about that? there are a number of different races in both organizations

racist is joining a club that only allows white people in

An all-white club does sound nice though, the other races seem to be enjoying their private clubs

Personally, People should be free to be with who they want to be with. If Blacks want a beach club for themselves, fine, make it happen.

Hell, there's Martha's Vineyard section called Oak Bluffs where blacks congregate. Doesn't bother me.

I feel this is a nothing burger.

I feel that if a group of super rich and super influential Caucasian people want to form a private club where they can hobnob with people of a similar background, that's perfectly fine.

In any case, the club will soon be forced to let in non-Caucasians.

If Whitehouse where a republican this would be all over the msm along with publicly outing all club members and demanding the canceling of business interests associated with members.

The Left has lost its mind, so there is little point in saying this, but any policy whose implementation creates a disparate impact among people of different races, ethnicities, etc., is only insidious if created or implemented with MALICE.

The club in question has no policy addressing the RACE of prospective members. Nobody can find a single Black person who has been denied membership BECAUSE OF HIS RACE. Should a Black person apply for membership, and be prepared to pay the appropriate amounts, there is no indication whatsoever that that person would be refused.

Leftists are stupid as well as evil.

U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse continues to defend his family's membership in the all-white private Bailey’s Beach Club in Newport.
GoLocal interviewed Whitehouse on Friday in Pawtucket and when asked if the private club had admitted any minorities since GoLocal first raised the issue in 2017, Whitehouse said, “I think the people who are running the place are still working on that and I’m sorry it hasn't happened yet.”
Both Whitehouse and his wife Sandra as well as their families have been members of the club for decades. Whitehouse did transfer his shares in the club to his wife years ago, and she is now one of the largest shareholders in the all-white club. The club's membership is a who's who Newport, Palm Beach, and New York wealth.
“It's a long tradition in Rhode Island and there are many of them and I think we just need to work our way through the issues, thank you,” said Whitehouse as he was ushered away by a staffer.
The interview took place on the eve of the new national holiday Juneteenth National Independence Day.

I wonder how our resident race hustlers reconcile this serious bit of cognitive dissonance.

They got this all wrong. Black people are allowed to join the club but the application is online sooooooooooo well,you know.
Those rich racist whiteys made the application process too difficult. It's a conspiracy to keep Black people from applying.

Goddamn racists and they're racist application policies.

Its really amusing that Sen. Whitehouse has been unveiled as a Card Carrying White Supremacist after all the whining the libs have been making on this issue over the past several years.

Will Sen. Schumer do the right thing and expel him from the Democrat Caucus- or is the D Party now ok with the Bailey Beach Boogaloo Bois?

I wonder how our resident race hustlers reconcile this serious bit of cognitive dissonance.

Same way they reconciled Hunter dropping the n-word, by ignoring it.

Forum List

Back