It's 1971.

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Friday night. Where are you and what are you doing?

I'm in my metallic GTO, cruising up main street to the safeway store parking lot, flipping a bitch and going back down 10 blocks to the burger joint, flipping another bitch and cruising back up to the safeway again. Car has my girlfriends in it....smell of patchoulie and weed drifting from the open windows, tambourine being shaken in time to the tunes on the 8 track tape. Slowing down for guys in cars passing us to flirt, whoop, pass a quick joint, make arrangements to meet in the boondocks for some ripple wine,more joint passing and maybe some makeout time with whatever cute guy we happen to score. If we are really lucky, some guys in their military uniforms are cruising as well. Nothing is hotter than a man in uniform to my 19 year old mind.

So...where were you on a friday night in 1971?

Details, please.

I'm in my metallic GTO, cruising up main street to the safeway store parking lot, flipping a bitch and going back down 10 blocks to the burger joint, flipping another bitch and cruising back up to the safeway again. Car has my girlfriends in it....smell of patchoulie and weed drifting from the open windows, tambourine being shaken in time to the tunes on the 8 track tape. Slowing down for guys in cars passing us to flirt, whoop, pass a quick joint, make arrangements to meet in the boondocks for some ripple wine,more joint passing and maybe some makeout time with whatever cute guy we happen to score. If we are really lucky, some guys in their military uniforms are cruising as well. Nothing is hotter than a man in uniform to my 19 year old mind.

Details, please.

riding my mustang bike, getting a milkshake from the burger joint ,watching horny old broads like you and thinking one day... l will nail that

Last edited:
  • Banned

Details, please.

riding my mustang bike, getting a milkshake from the burger joint ,watching horny old broads like you and thinking one day... l will nail that

snort, cackle. :lol:

crusin down the boulevard at ft bragg...leaving base to go into fayetteville....to party the night away....normally to dylan and other sounds...lots of anti war music...it was that time

1971? Friday night? Drag racing down at Golden Gardens. 10,000 kids lined up down the qtr mile. My 68 Dodge Dart sportin around 600 HP is undefeated. Wheel stands in three gears. The crowd is going wild..I aim to please..and to win the next race. No cops..they have been letting us have our fun for three years now..

i was driving a grand prix

gas was a 25 cents a gallon...we would just scrap change out of the floor of the car and fill up....i think it was around 4 bucks for a full tank....my skirt was short and my hair was long...we would drive down and hang out at needle park...or go the other way and go to pope field...we could go to the playground and then walk out of the berm at the end of the air strip...we would lay there..smoke up and watch the planes go over...they were so close you could almost touch them

i was driving a grand prix

gas was a 25 cents a gallon...we would just scrap change out of the floor of the car and fill up....i think it was around 4 bucks for a full tank....my skirt was short and my hair was long...we would drive down and hang out at needle park...or go the other way and go to pope field...we could go to the playground and then walk out of the berm at the end of the air strip...we would lay there..smoke up and watch the planes go over...they were so close you could almost touch them

or so it seemed all hopped up the weed...

• Banned
No skirts for me, SB. I had my bell bottom jeans on, my midrift top, my cowboy boots and my hair down to my butt. No bra, either. Hated those things and still do. Probably why my girls rest in my lap now that Im an old lady. LOL.

Top ten songs of 1971:

1. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
2. Imagine - John Lennon
3. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
4. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
5. Maggie May - Rod Stewart
6. American Pie - Don McLean
7. Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
8. Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones
9. Just My Imagination - The Temptations
10. Family Affair - Sly and the Family Stone

I had hip hugger bell bottoms. My dad was dead and my mom was always at work so I had pretty much free reign. Had the figure back then, too. Sigh. Now Im all lumpy and saggy. More rubenesque (sp?) so I can live with it.

But I sure miss that GTO. And the freedom with no care in the world. Get old? Not me! I wouldnt live to see 50, said I.
Boy was I naive.:lol:

And now my eyes are sagging too...so I leave you all with your own memories as I head to my bed.

Night.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
there were simply no worries.......as the war raged on and my high school had race riots for two years...with cops on campus....and yet there were no worries

Ah.. 69 Camaro rag top, at Bolsa Chica beach with the running buddies, fire getting started, checking out bitchen chicks, Spanada & Beer.. waves crashing, hormones splashing...

Ah yes... and, Doors, Beach Boys, 3 Dog Night and some Cream

Last edited:
Junior in high school in a small Indiana town. Either at work at the part time stockboy job or on a date with my girlfriend. Not much happening around here. Wearing bell bottoms and longish hair. Not too long, parents would not allow that! Remember this is the bedrock of conservatism.

Forum List

Back