It Was Done on Tobacco. It Can Be Done on Guns.

you sound like the '''leftists''' [******] who argue with emotion and not common sense
Liberty is common sense.

The Bill of Rights is common sense.

Fascists trying to eliminate weapons that cause less than 1% of murders while ignoring inner city murders is an emotional response.

Keep digging
Now you got it!

To really impact our murder rate, you need to go after handguns which account for 2/3 of all gun deaths

But handguns are a sacred cow and can’t be touched. So we have to nibble at the edges and go after weapons that are used in mass shootings

Admitting the slippery slope argument is valid - priceless.

From the OP: First, we must not let the opponents of reform get away with the empty bromide that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." It may not be a claim that guns actually do kill, but it certainly is an attempt to discredit the statement.
The fact that we have mass shootings is statistically irrelevant. < 1% of gun deaths occurred as a result of mass shootings in 2018. Yes I read quite well and I "get it" Can you? Do you?
Look, friend, you are searching the sky to find gravity. Here's what it is .... and I want you to read this VERY CAREFULLY.

Problem > > > trigger-happy people shooting other people at random in what is called "mass shootings". You understand that, yes? I mean you "get it", right? ... GUNS + PEOPLE. Once more .... GUNS + PEOPLE. So what is the stable part and what is the variant part of the equation? I'm glad you asked me. :th_waiting:

The stable part of the equation is GUNS. Mass shootings are carried out by the use of GUNS, not knives, cars, karaté, poison, pea-shooters, spit-balls, paper-clips, rocks or strategically-placed banana peels. Shootings - GUNS. Got it?

The variable part of the equation is PEOPLE. Do you understand? You know, the ones who are pulling the trigger. We are talking about Americans committing mass shootings and in one way or another shooting to death 200 people in the U.S. each and every day of the year. These are Americans shooting other Americans.

So, to put it simply the problem is AMERICANS with GUNS. Is that difficult to understand? No, it isn't. :eusa_eh:

On the surface there are two fundamental remedies to cure the problem about AMERICANS with GUNS:

1. Eliminate Guns.
2. Eliminate Americans.

But beneath the surface, there is another issue:

GUNS are make to shoot. That is their purpose so there isn't very much we can do about that. But there is the question of why AMERICANS are so trigger-happy. Maybe if you find the answer to that (and correct it) then guns in their hands won't be any more of a problem as guns in the hands of other nationals. Hmmmmmmm, a very large percentage of Americans are destitute – no jobs, no money, no roof over their head. :45:

So, my earnest conviction is like this: Either remove guns from Americans or end American destitution. I don't endorse the notion of eliminating Americans :nono: because it's too messy .... so quit screwing around and give them jobs with fair wages for fuck's sake. If you don't want to do that then you'd better ban the gun.

Once again it's not the guns that's the problem, remind us when and where mass shootings took place before liberalism took over in the 1960's?

So there's no need for further action by the government to strip citizens of their firearms.
We DO need to stop crazy citizens , henceforth called republicans,,,,,,How many deer do you need to kill with your automatic weapon of war??
You missed a few talking points.
Get with it, or you won't get paid.
I used an M 14 on the range at Ft Bliss Completely unnecessary to have one in my home
And you have the right to your belief but not to impose it on other Americans, Comrade Eddie.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - 2nd A
Sayit I'm NOT infringing on your right to keep and bear arms JUST the type of arms ,and just who can be trusted with that responsibility

Controlling what type of arms and who has them is inherently illegal and corrupt.

The "type" of weapon protected by the 2nd amendment was intended to be what was necessary as a weapon of war, precisely because a democratic republic can NEVER depend upon a mercenary outside force to protect it, and instead requires the whole population to be armed with military grade weapons.
That is essential to the definition of a democratic republic.

And if you allow government to arbitrarily choose who can be armed, that is identical to saying you allow government to arbitrarily choose who it wishes to allow to have any rights at all. For then clearly we have all see how historically governments have discriminated against Jews, unions, different races, immigrants, etc. We are all minorities in some way, and governments can always easily become corrupted. If there are dangerous people, you incarcerate them, not try to make all of society nerf safe. And we have the means of making society safe, by using courts, judges, and mental health experts. We do not want and should never allow government to have any sort of arbitrary or extra means of differentiating itself from or above the people, ever. That would be the end of the democratic republic.

Good advice . Why don't you take it?
.......it was stated no one needs a ---etc--you know--a high capacity weapon--and this is very hard to argue
...why don't you state why you need it?

I don't have an Ar 15 because I have no use for a small caliber rodent gun.

That said I don't have to justify anything I do to you or anyone else as long as I am not breaking any laws or harming anyone in the process.
as stated, no need for it
I had some idiot that said we don't need cars--hahahaha
comparing cars/POOLS/knives/etc to firearms = hahahahhahhaaha

No I think the question was "Why do you need a car that can exceed the posted speed limits?"

And even that question is irrelevant.

No one has to justify their choice of automobile to you or anyone else.
There are restrictions on cars being “street legal”

Not when you decide it is warranted, such as a medical emergency.
While we can hope such an emergency never happens that requires the use of military style weapons in the streets, it has happened and is bound to happen again eventually. Anyone who does not allow for that is irresponsible and criminal.

You have no Constitutional right to shoot up a school
We the People have no obligation to help you
We the People have a Bill of Rights.

You the Fascists have the right to dream about eliminating it.
Yes we do
You have no right to help those who want to shoot up a school
Here we go again

Not all people are the same person.

No law abiding gun owner has ever helped anyone shoot up a school
wrong-Virginia Tech shooting

Who helped him?

By the way, you do know that the Virginia Tech shooter used 2 handgun to commit his killings, DON'T YOU?

so, no one needs one......?? is this what you are saying ?
Readng comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

No. I didn't say that. Pay attention.

I said I don't give a shit whether or not Fascists think I need it.
you sound like the '''leftists''' [******] who argue with emotion and not common sense

Common sense would tell anyone that history is full of dictators and attempted dictators that constantly require fighting by an armed population.
Anytime a population gets disarmed, it always turns into a dictatorship like most of the world was before firearms became available, around 1500 or so.
The only safe model for a democratic republic is the Swiss model, where everyone is armed.

Liberty is common sense.

The Bill of Rights is common sense.

Fascists trying to eliminate weapons that cause less than 1% of murders while ignoring inner city murders is an emotional response.

Keep digging
firearms cause over 60% of murders....we want to try to keep down murders, yes?
...humans will always murder....why allow them ''tools'' that make murder VERY easy?
..common sense tells you a ''tool'' designed to only kill and kill many very fast should be more regulated than a car

Liar.
Clearly over 90% if all murders are caused by the War on Drugs that entices poor people with high profits, and then saddle them with high risks because they have to use large amounts of cash, and can't use banks or call police.
Look at the historical statistic, and you see the same rise in murders from Prohibition of Alcohol as well.
Clearly the main cause of murder then are bad laws by the corrupt government.

If you really believe that humans will always murder, then you not only are wrong, but clearly are against a democratic republic and a danger to the democratic republic.
The truth is that humans inherently are against murder and will NOT normally murder anyone.
When they do murder, it is because they have been damaged or harmed in someway.

But what is the most incredibly stupid statement is to claim that guns are designed only to kill.
If that were true, then we would never give them to police.
Obviously the reason we make and own guns is mostly do defend.
They have the ability to intimidate, so that we do not have to kill.
It is guns that prevent over 2.5 million serious crimes a year, that you would instead prefer to allow to succeed.

We the People have a Bill of Rights.

You the Fascists have the right to dream about eliminating it.
Yes we do
You have no right to help those who want to shoot up a school
Here we go again

Not all people are the same person.

No law abiding gun owner has ever helped anyone shoot up a school
What law abiding gun owners helped the VA tech shooter?
the shooter himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Virginia Tech shooter clearly was not a law abiding gun owner, or else he would not have murdered anyone,

From the OP: First, we must not let the opponents of reform get away with the empty bromide that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." It may not be a claim that guns actually do kill, but it certainly is an attempt to discredit the statement.
The fact that we have mass shootings is statistically irrelevant. < 1% of gun deaths occurred as a result of mass shootings in 2018. Yes I read quite well and I "get it" Can you? Do you?
Look, friend, you are searching the sky to find gravity. Here's what it is .... and I want you to read this VERY CAREFULLY.

Problem > > > trigger-happy people shooting other people at random in what is called "mass shootings". You understand that, yes? I mean you "get it", right? ... GUNS + PEOPLE. Once more .... GUNS + PEOPLE. So what is the stable part and what is the variant part of the equation? I'm glad you asked me. :th_waiting:

The stable part of the equation is GUNS. Mass shootings are carried out by the use of GUNS, not knives, cars, karaté, poison, pea-shooters, spit-balls, paper-clips, rocks or strategically-placed banana peels. Shootings - GUNS. Got it?

The variable part of the equation is PEOPLE. Do you understand? You know, the ones who are pulling the trigger. We are talking about Americans committing mass shootings and in one way or another shooting to death 200 people in the U.S. each and every day of the year. These are Americans shooting other Americans.

So, to put it simply the problem is AMERICANS with GUNS. Is that difficult to understand? No, it isn't. :eusa_eh:

On the surface there are two fundamental remedies to cure the problem about AMERICANS with GUNS:

1. Eliminate Guns.
2. Eliminate Americans.

GUNS are make to shoot. That is their purpose so there isn't very much we can do about that. But there is the question of why AMERICANS are so trigger-happy. Maybe if you find the answer to that (and correct it) then guns in their hands won't be any more of a problem as guns in the hands of other nationals. Hmmmmmmm, a very large percentage of Americans are destitute – no jobs, no money, no roof over their head. :45:

So, my earnest conviction is like this: Either remove guns from Americans or end American destitution. I don't endorse the notion of eliminating Americans :nono: because it's too messy .... so quit screwing around and give them jobs with fair wages for fuck's sake. If you don't want to do that then you'd better ban the gun.

Once again it's not the guns that's the problem, remind us when and where mass shootings took place before liberalism took over in the 1960's?

a garage in Chicago,

on St Valentines Day.

:)

I don't have an Ar 15 because I have no use for a small caliber rodent gun.

That said I don't have to justify anything I do to you or anyone else as long as I am not breaking any laws or harming anyone in the process.
as stated, no need for it
I had some idiot that said we don't need cars--hahahaha
comparing cars/POOLS/knives/etc to firearms = hahahahhahhaaha

No I think the question was "Why do you need a car that can exceed the posted speed limits?"

And even that question is irrelevant.

No one has to justify their choice of automobile to you or anyone else.
There are restrictions on cars being “street legal”

And that has nothing to do with the top speed does it?

Why do you need a car than can do 66 MPH?
cars needed--weapons not..this is plain and simple

Wrong.
Mass transit was used until only around the 1920s or so, and mass transit is not only much safer, but would save huge amounts of money and pollution,

And weapons are far more necessary, not only to defend the democratic republic, but individual defense, like the Korean grocers during the LA riots.
Are you foolish enough to believe that police will always protect you so you do not need to be armed?
What about during the 20 minute response time, or when the police are the Gestopo, Koppos, Stazi, Savik, KGB, etc., who are the worst threat of all?

The endless argument boils down to a very simple thing, freedom vs security.

Freedom is messy, chaotic, and dangerous, which is why some fear it so much. Trading it away, however, for an illusion of security usually ends up giving people neither, because government inevitably abuses power. This is especially true when the power it gets results in a less powerful populace.

Assuming that we will always have relatively benign governments in the US is a fool's errand. Give that government too much power and it will use that power against you.

1. Eliminate Guns.
2. Eliminate Americans.

a garage in Chicago,

on St Valentines Day.

Dont count ... and what was it 7 people? You know I didn't know this until recently but armed civilians helped take down the shooter in the tower.

Which one is it you "never seen" in the Constitution ... "milk" or "assault weapons"? I have read the Constitution and I can tell you 100% that you will find milk mentioned right near the mention of assault weapons. Look again and I am sure you will agree. :deal:
'assault weapons' are arms.
Mentioned in the 2nd Amendment
Milk is not.
You are not looking carefully enough. Have you found "assault weapons" mentioned? Good! Now read a little further and you will find "milk" mentioned. Have another look .... I'll wait.
:coffee:

Huh?

Have you found:

T.V.

Radio

Film

Internet

Mentioned in the 1st amendment?

I am very sorry if that went over your head but you can't blame me for that. View attachment 279192

Over my head?

Think potsie think.

If you have something sensible to say, do it and stop trying to waste my time, Gracie.

1. Eliminate Guns.
2. Eliminate Americans.

a garage in Chicago,

on St Valentines Day.

Caused by illegal government infringement on the right of individuals to consume alcohol if they so want.
Nanny laws are always inherently illegal and always cause problems.

1. Eliminate Guns.
2. Eliminate Americans.

a garage in Chicago,

on St Valentines Day.

Dont count ... and what was it 7 people? You know I didn't know this until recently but armed civilians helped take down the shooter in the tower.

The Armed Civilian Who Helped Stop UT’s Tower Sniper 50 Years Ago

by Matthew Watkins | July 26, 2016

The heavyset man holding a rifle seemed to know what he was doing.

Dressed like many detectives did in 1966 — with pocket liner in his shirt — he suggested to Officer Ramiro Martinez that they climb the stairs of the University of Texas Tower “service style.” With the chaos above them, there was no time for introductions.

For more than an hour, a sniper named Charles Whitman had been firing away from the tower’s observation deck. A pregnant woman, Claire Wilson, had been hit in the womb in UT’s South Mall. Some people, including a teenager on his bicycle, had been shot several blocks away. In the end, the sniper would kill 16 people that day, plus Wilson’s unborn baby. More than 30 others would be wounded.

But as Martinez and the man made their ascent to the top of the iconic tower to stop the madman, the stranger asked an unusual question: “Are we playing for keeps?”

Sayit I'm NOT infringing on your right to keep and bear arms JUST the type of arms ,and just who can be trusted with that responsibility

So, you Nazis are NOT infringing on my right to free speech, JUST what I say and who can be trusted to convey the dogma of the party?
Your speech is free as is mine You racist bastards can call us Nazis to your hearts content

Yet you claim that LIMITING what I can say is NOT and infringement.

Yes, you are quite stupid, and wholly dishonest.

1. Eliminate Guns.
2. Eliminate Americans.

a garage in Chicago,

on St Valentines Day.

by Matthew Watkins | July 26, 2016

The heavyset man holding a rifle seemed to know what he was doing.

Dressed like many detectives did in 1966 — with pocket liner in his shirt — he suggested to Officer Ramiro Martinez that they climb the stairs of the University of Texas Tower “service style.” With the chaos above them, there was no time for introductions.

For more than an hour, a sniper named Charles Whitman had been firing away from the tower’s observation deck. A pregnant woman, Claire Wilson, had been hit in the womb in UT’s South Mall. Some people, including a teenager on his bicycle, had been shot several blocks away. In the end, the sniper would kill 16 people that day, plus Wilson’s unborn baby. More than 30 others would be wounded.

But as Martinez and the man made their ascent to the top of the iconic tower to stop the madman, the stranger asked an unusual question: “Are we playing for keeps?”

My uncle was on campus at the time, working as an electrician.

1. Eliminate Guns.
2. Eliminate Americans.

You seem to be inflicted with an uncontrollable urge to make irrelevant replys to the post you are quoting. I guess you aren't really reading them ..... just dumping off your default, rhetorical phrases based solely upon what your prejudiced imagination tells you the contributor might have said.

1. Eliminate Guns.
2. Eliminate Americans.

I strongly suggest you try and eliminate Americans, fuckwad.

Oh, and stupid, those in California with no jobs, no money, no roof over their head rarely have guns, if they did, they would sell them.

You really are quite stupid.

Forum List

Back