It isn't guns, it's <excuses here>

I

Indofred

BBC News - Six dead in Houston house shooting

Six people, including four children, have been shot dead at a house near the US city of Houston, police say.

One teenage girl is in critical condition after being shot in the head, but she was able to identify the suspect and direct police to him.

After a chase, his car was surrounded and following a two-hour stand-off, he surrendered to police.

Police said the incident appeared to have started over a domestic dispute about a break-up.

Gun idiots, please post your daft excuses on this thread. :)

People kill. It's what they do. In China the preferred weapon is the knife because they can't get guns. 33 dead in this attack, 29 in another, 3 in another. Face it....it's the people, the tool used to murder is immaterial.

And, more to the point, if someone tries to attack me or mine I can shoot him.

China Knife Attack: Separatists Blamed For Assault That Kills 33

BREAKING NEWS!!!

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014, one hundred and thirty two million seven hundred and fifty two thousand nine hundred twenty four* (132,752,924) law abiding American gun owners used their firearms legally.

* approximately.

Unless you call for the indictment of the A.G. for his part in the shipment of 3,000 illegal guns to Mexico and the subsequent murder of two Border Patrol officers and a couple of hundred innocent Mexicans you just look like low information (foreign?) whiny left wing hypocrites.

Mass Murders like him are usually on some sort of Prescription SRI Anti-Depressant drug.
The dark side of antidepressants
Antidepressants have serious and potentially fatal adverse effects, cause potentially permanent brain damage, increase the risk of suicide and violent behavior in both children and adults, and increase the frequency and chronicity of depression.
And then of course MORE drugs are prescribed in an attempt to mitigate THOSE side effects. And on and on and on.

I'm not defending Guns, but I'd sure like to Indict Big Pharma.

From the article:
Police described the suspect as a man in his 30s with a beard who was "cool as a cucumber". When approached by officers he was "just sitting in his car looking out at us," said Sgt Thomas Gilliland.
Perhaps the best known psychological side effect of SSRIs is “amotivational syndrome”, a condition with symptoms that are clinically similar to those that develop when the frontal lobes of the brain are damaged. The syndrome is characterized by apathy, disinhibited behavior, demotivation and a personality change similar to the effects of lobotomy (Marangell et al. 2001, p.1059). All psychoactive drugs, including antidepressants, are known to blunt our emotional responses to some extent.

Six people, including four children, have been shot dead at a house near the US city of Houston, police say.

One teenage girl is in critical condition after being shot in the head, but she was able to identify the suspect and direct police to him.

After a chase, his car was surrounded and following a two-hour stand-off, he surrendered to police.

Police said the incident appeared to have started over a domestic dispute about a break-up.

What's your excuse Baghdad Bob........ :eusa_whistle:

Evil people do evil things. The tools they use are immaterial.

You just make sure you blame an inanimate object instead of the person who actually committed the crime. You'll get cool lefty points for that.

Mass Shootings | Everytown for Gun Safety

Since January 2009, there have been at least 110 mass shootings in the United States.

More at the link.

And, then there's this -

GunFactsLong_zps3fc86d24.jpg

It isn't about guns, it's about ammunition. Let's agree, anyone can own a gun, but they must be licensed to own, possess or have in their custody or control ammunition.

How's that? It's not gun control, per se. It's people control.

It isn't about guns, it's about ammunition. Let's agree, anyone can own a gun, but they must be licensed to own, possess or have in their custody or control ammunition.

How's that? It's not gun control, per se. It's people control.
...which is the left's desired end state, of course.

Guns are used to save lives more than they are to take them...according to gun grabber sources, guns are used to stop crime on average 100,000 times a year...while 11,000 people are murdered by criminals a year. If you support taking guns away from innocent, law abiding people you support the rape, murder, or robbery of those 100,000 people...simply making more people victims of violent criminals not less...but then that is the point...gun grabbers don't care about the victims, they hate the guns...in any attack where a gun could save a life...they will choose not to save that life...

People kill. It's what they do. In China the preferred weapon is the knife because they can't get guns. 33 dead in this attack, 29 in another, 3 in another. Face it....it's the people, the tool used to murder is immaterial.

And, more to the point, if someone tries to attack me or mine I can shoot him.

China Knife Attack: Separatists Blamed For Assault That Kills 33

I have been in multiple situations where I thought I was done for. But the most terrifying one involved a knife fight. No one walks away from those situations unscathed.

Here are statistics on defensive gun uses each year from wikipedia...I am going to quote the number accepted by the anti-gun crowd...

I am too new to link to it, look up "defensive gun use" in wikipedia and you will find the information...Hemmenway, an anti-gun researcher agrees with the number of 100,000 defensive uses each year...I would personally say there are more because defensive gun uses where no shots are fired and no one gets killed don't get recorded in the statistics...and those are some of the most common types of gun uses.

So, about 11,000 times a year people are murdered with guns...100,000 times a year a law abiding citizen uses a gun to stop a crime, a robbery, a murder or a rape. Now keep in mind, the times that a gun is used to capture a criminal means that down the line, someone else wasn't victimized by that criminal...at least for a while or permanently if the criminal is shot and killed.

So over 5 years 55,000 people will be murdered by criminals, while over a 5 year period, 500,000 people will use guns to stop a crime...

For the anti-gun crowd those 500,000 people do not count...it is better that they also become victims of robbery, rape and murder than that they be allowed to stop the crime with a gun...ask them...

find a real world instance of a person using a gun to save a life...ask them that if they had the chance, would they take that gun away from that law abiding citizen...they will say yes...so yes, they would prefer more victims if it means getting rid of guns...

Last edited:
From the article:
Police described the suspect as a man in his 30s with a beard who was "cool as a cucumber". When approached by officers he was "just sitting in his car looking out at us," said Sgt Thomas Gilliland.
Perhaps the best known psychological side effect of SSRIs is “amotivational syndrome”, a condition with symptoms that are clinically similar to those that develop when the frontal lobes of the brain are damaged. The syndrome is characterized by apathy, disinhibited behavior, demotivation and a personality change similar to the effects of lobotomy (Marangell et al. 2001, p.1059). All psychoactive drugs, including antidepressants, are known to blunt our emotional responses to some extent.

I got the same syndrome after 40 years of working, being married and raising 4 kids....

What excuses would like to hear,that the gun is just a chunk of metal,or that the shooter is responsible,which would you like?

Not daft, logical and to the point...in Australia, the current anti-gun poster child, they had two mass murders where 10 people were killed in each event...the weapon...fire. So if this guy had gone in at night and poured gasoline all over the house and killed these same people...which has happened in countries with even stricter gun control...I guess that would be okay...as long as he didn't use a gun...

Had someone at the house been armed, they might have stopped this killer...

And again, 11,000 murders happen in the U.S. each year, over 100,000 people use guns each year to stop crime (even though the total number of uses is much higher, this is the anti-gun sanctioned number so I will use that for this point)...that is the accurate picture of gun crime in the U.S. Countries around the world with absolute gun control have higher murder rates than the United States, and Japan, which has absolute gun control has a higher suicide rate than the United States...it isn't the guns, it is the culture and law enforcement technique which makes the difference.

For example, police in Japan can stop and search you whenever they want...they can search your house whenever they want, they are routinely charged with physically coercing confessions from suspects and the judges in Japan let those confessions stand. There conviction rate is 95% for criminals brought to trial...in New York, the conviction rate is under 10%. So it is a law enforcement problem, not a gun problem...

I can't link to the paper yet but here is a paper on gun crime in Japan by David Kopel...

Further, none of the reasons which have made gun control succeed in Japan (in terms of disarming citizens) exist in the U.S.
The Japanese criminal justice system bears more heavily on a suspect than any other system in an industrial democratic nation. One American found this out when he was arrested in Okinawa for possessing marijuana: he was interrogated for days without an attorney, and signed a confession written in Japanese that he could not read. He met his lawyer for the first time at his trial, which took 30 minutes....

...For those few defendants who dare to go to trial, there is no jury. Since judges almost always defer to the prosecutors' judgment, the trial conviction rate for violent crime is 99.5%.
Of those convicted, 98% receive jail time.

In short, once a Japanese suspect is apprehended, the power of the prosecutor makes it very likely the suspect will go to jail. And the power of the policeman makes it quite likely that a criminal will be apprehended.

This is the primary reason Japan has a low gun murder rate...and they do have murders comitted with guns...but the fact that the police can do what they do makes it easier to stop gun crime...

Do you anti-gunners want the police and prosecutors to do that here...?

Last edited:
Also, the police in Japan can search you on the street if they want...and you can't complain...

The police routinely ask "suspicious" characters to show what is in their purse or sack. In effect, the police can search almost anyone, almost anytime, because courts only rarely exclude evidence seized by the police -- even if the police acted illegally.

In police per capita, Japan far outranks all other major democracies.

So take for example Chicago...we are down about 2000 police officers, we are short 1000 officers because they refuse to higher more, and another 1000 due to vacations and sick leave...the democrats here will spend money on everything but police...why should they...the killings are isolated to a very small area in minority communities...those communities will vote democrat, every election at a rate of about 95% or higher...the democrats don't need to put police there, they don't lose by not doing it...the wealthy democrats get all the police protection they want...so gun crime is isolated to a few areas.

To stop crime you need long prison sentences for gun crimes, and they don't even do that in these cities. Criminals with gun convictions spend little or no time in jail. If you want to stop gun crime put 20-25 year sentences on felons who commit crimes with guns...any crime with a gun...even carrying a gun that they are not allowed to do anyway...that will stop gun crime. And make sure only career criminals get that sentence, so that you don't have the case of the single mother of two with a legal conceealed carry permit facing three years because she didn't realize she couldn't carry that same gun with a permit in New Jersey...

Longer prison sentences for criminals who use guns...but that isn't the problem, is it...anti-gun people hate guns...not criminals...

Forum List

Back