It is only a few after all, right?

I've been reading this for a bit, haven't caught all. I wonder though, regardless of the 'ugly Americans' that go near and far, without learning the language, how many are demanding that the indigenous learn English or provide translations for them?' How many of those that do, expect to 'stay in those countries?'

Isn't that the real problem? Because they've 'chose to stay' and we've chosen not to stop them from doing just that, they feel free to say, "Accommodate us or you are xenophobes, racists, what have you."

It's not the fault of the illegals, rather it's been our own benign neglect in enforcement of the myriad of laws available, none of which we avail ourselves.

:clap2:

Amen to THAT.

I've been reading this for a bit, haven't caught all. I wonder though, regardless of the 'ugly Americans' that go near and far, without learning the language, how many are demanding that the indigenous learn English or provide translations for them?' How many of those that do, expect to 'stay in those countries?'

Isn't that the real problem? Because they've 'chose to stay' and we've chosen not to stop them from doing just that, they feel free to say, "Accommodate us or you are xenophobes, racists, what have you."

It's not the fault of the illegals, rather it's been our own benign neglect in enforcement of the myriad of laws available, none of which we avail ourselves.

No one on this entire thread to my knowledge mentioned illegal immigrants.

Have another beer. :clap2:

Just pointing out that I did mention illegals in my post....no big deal...easy to overlook if your just scanning a post....

"So WE should allow in-state tuition for illegals while US citizens from a neighboring state pay more?"

He's lucky he got caught by the cops and not some good old boy or his illustrious noisemaking career may've come to a premature end. :evil:

Interesting.

So, this confirms what I said all along. That some local idiots can totally over react to a foreigner who inadvertently, and unknowingly, violates some cherished local icon or tradition. Just like in Sudan.

Fortunately, most people will forgive an inadvertent oversight of a sacred local custom.

I think we're done here. :razz:

For your analogy to work you need to add a few things. Like the cops arrest you for falling, the Judiciary and Government threaten to hold you for 6 months, fine you an undefined amount of money, your employer fires you and the Court will have you beaten to a bloody pulp. All for falling down.

My analogy (which was explained more clearly in the following post) is that all the average Muslim wants an apology (hell, some probably don't even give a shit one way or another). We agree that the govt (note the GOVT is NOT the people, just like Bush doesn't represent Jillian's mores and values and Clinton didn't represent yours) of Sudan are over reacting and being silly.

Ahhh....Gumby and Dumbo....sadly, they just don't get it..

So WE should build foot washers in our schools and be tolerant ?

So WE should let some that want the privledge of driving, take their photo
ID pictures with hoods on so only their eyes show?

So WE should accommodate special breaks in our school day so some can pray?

So WE must allow religious dress for some, in our public schools, while banning religious jewelry
or dress for others?

So WE should allow in-state tuition for illegals while US citizens from a neighboring state pay more?

So WE must provide public education in multiple languages for the benefit on immigrants ?

So WE must hire people that refuse to do the work expected because it goes against their customs or religion?

So WE must give non-citizen law breakers the rights and privileges of citizens?

So think the dwellers in Land of the Demented...:cuckoo:

Once an ignorant fool, always an ignorant fool....

My analogy (which was explained more clearly in the following post) is that all the average Muslim wants an apology (hell, some probably don't even give a shit one way or another). We agree that the govt (note the GOVT is NOT the people, just like Bush doesn't represent Jillian's mores and values and Clinton didn't represent yours) of Sudan are over reacting and being silly.

Just admit your analogy had nothing to do with the situation. Ohh wait Libs never admit to ever being wrong, I am so sorry I ask you to break ranks and all.

Interesting.

So, this confirms what I said all along. That some local idiots can totally over react to a foreigner who inadvertently, and unknowingly, violates some cherished local icon or tradition. Just like in Sudan.

Fortunately, most people will forgive an inadvertent oversight of a sacred local custom.

I think we're done here. :razz:

Well, so long as you don't have a sense of humor and want to make something more out of what I said than is there. But then, you like to do that when you think it suits your purpose.:rolleyes:

First off, the Alamo is no "local" icon. Second, anyone from the US or UK that isn't aware that pissin' in public is a violation of law -- and I don't care who-all you claim has done it, "men" -- needs to not be allowed out in public without an attendent to begin with.

YOUR argument's been done for awhile, that's for sure.:cool:

I see your point, I think, if you're saying any government's whacko's, like the government of Sudan's whacko's don't represent the "average Muslim" anymore than our government has represented the average citizen in the past 40 years.

Forum List

Back