It Appears the Emoluments Clause Court Case Might Not be Over Yet

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
A panel of judges have no only said that the Trump case should be looked at again, they also:

"The three-judge panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit issued the order, which included a reprimand of U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan for not adequately addressing key legal questions before him and thereby abusing his discretion to deny the appeal merely because the case would proceed quickly."

So Trump may still have to turn over evidence.

Panel orders federal judge to reconsider Trump appeal

A panel of judges have no only said that the Trump case should be looked at again, they also:

"The three-judge panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit issued the order, which included a reprimand of U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan for not adequately addressing key legal questions before him and thereby abusing his discretion to deny the appeal merely because the case would proceed quickly."

So Trump may still have to turn over evidence.

Panel orders federal judge to reconsider Trump appeal
/——/Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha
FB1ACD5A-F71C-4591-93B6-F3BFAB4DD176.jpeg

Lewdog you better reread your link this is a case of the panel saying something Trump wanted was dismissed out of hand, It actually STOPPED discovery while the appeal is being reconsidered by the offending Judge.

Lewdog you better reread your link this is a case of the panel saying something Trump wanted was dismissed out of hand, It actually STOPPED discovery while the appeal is being reconsidered by the offending Judge.

I know what it says. Their was a case last week where it was thrown out and some on the forum assumed it was all over. It isn't. There is still this ongoing case.

Here is the thread: As I Predicted, Emoluments Case Dismissed

Ya except in this case the Judge was chastised for NOT taking serious a request from Trump and in fact because of that discovery has been halted. I suspect this case will go forward since the claim is made by members of Congress which do have a say in it. Though Trumps argument has a valid point Congress must act not the Courts in this case. And refusing to act as Congress does not mean a Court may.

Bottom line: stupid case.

President Trump has received no money or benefit from any foreign country BECAUSE HE IS PRESIDENT.

To the extent that he has directly or indirectly received any compensation from any foreign source, it has been quid pro quo...compensation for services rendered by one or more companies of which Trump owns a share.

Stupid case. No merit. Nothing but TDS-based harassment.

Big deal.
Everyone expects Democrat harassment to continue. :bigbed:

So... you are saying the 3 judge panel is in the Democrats pocket? Pretty bad when they see a fellow judge do something so bad they feel a need to reprimand them.

The three Obama judges? :lmao:
They reprimanded the Judge for NOT taking a Trump petition serious and because of that the discovery has stopped until the Judge rules based on LAW not opinion.

Yanno ... out Lewdogs are so desperate they see what they need to see and believe what they need to believe. Very sad.

President Trump has received no money or benefit from any foreign country BECAUSE HE IS PRESIDENT.

To the extent that he has directly or indirectly received any compensation from any foreign source, it has been quid pro quo...compensation for services rendered by one or more companies of which Trump owns a share.

How much have you actually researched about it other than just reading rightwing sites? If I told you a lobbyist for Saudi Arabia booked 500 nights in Trump's Washington D.C. hotel only after Trump was elected? Previously, they had been renting out rooms in different hotels in Northern Virginia.

Big deal.
Everyone expects Democrat harassment to continue. :bigbed:

So... you are saying the 3 judge panel is in the Democrats pocket? Pretty bad when they see a fellow judge do something so bad they feel a need to reprimand them.

The three Obama judges? :lmao:
They reprimanded the Judge for NOT taking a Trump petition serious and because of that the discovery has stopped until the Judge rules based on LAW not opinion.

I already told you why I posted this. Just last week someone posted the other case and thought ALL of the emoluments cases were over. They aren't.

How much have you actually researched about it other than just reading rightwing sites? If I told you a lobbyist for Saudi Arabia booked 500 nights in Trump's Washington D.C. hotel only after Trump was elected? Previously, they had been renting out rooms in different hotels in Northern Virginia.

And when did Trump's Conveniently located Hotel come on line?

Forum List

Back