Israel's War Against Hamas - Updates

This is my 1967. I became a Zionist several years ago, but it was a decision of the mind: an extension of the tenet that was impressed upon me by the party, that if all people have the right to self-determination this includes the Jews. I then spent a period immersed in studying antisemitism until it dawned on me that I knew little about the Jewish people, themselves—only as victims. And that this victimhood is the uneasy legacy of my own family background: my Jewish mother’s murdered relatives, her childhood flight from her Dutch homeland during World War II. So I began exploring my dormant Jewish identity, but that too felt like an intellectual pursuit, not really drawing in my heart. The Jewish people have been astoundingly welcoming and forgiving of me, more than I often feel I deserve. Yet I’ve found it hard to entirely believe I belong.

Now it feels personal. I am a Jew and a Zionist, and I intend to use whatever insight I have from my ignominious past to fight for my people. About the only thing that is certain about the coming weeks and months is that there will be another deluge of hatred against the Jews for continuing to exist and even struggling for it. Count me in, heart and soul.

(full article online)

Confronted with the war raging between Israel and Hamas, Arab countries that have normalized relations with Israel in recent years have been forced to balance diplomacy with fiercely pro-Palestinian Arab public opinion.

But as analysts predict a long and violent response from Israel in Gaza, the position faced by those nations is expected to become increasingly troublesome.

In the wake of the Palestinian terrorists’ massacres in southern Israel, the United Arab Emirates condemned the kidnapping of Israeli hostages in a break with other regional players.

The oil-rich state was the first Gulf country to establish diplomatic ties with Israel in 2020 under the Abraham Accords.

“We are very grateful to the United Arab Emirates for its stance supporting Israel,” said Liron Zaslansky, Israel’s consul general in Dubai.

The oil-rich state was the first Gulf country to establish diplomatic ties with Israel in 2020 under the Abraham Accords.

Forum List

Back