Israel Saving The World

Maryland

Rookie
Mar 2, 2013
:clap2:

A medical implant developed by Premia Spine offers patients with certain spinal disorders an alternative to traditional fusion surgeries, enabling a quicker recovery and greatly reducing the risk of reoperation, the Israeli company said.

The device called TOPS is fixed to the spine with screws and differs from other products on the market in that it has a central polyurethane unit that moves, recreating motion in all directions. It addresses two lower back ailments: spondylolisthesis, commonly known as a slipped disc, and lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS), a form of spinal arthritis associated with ageing.

"With the TOPS System, instead of immobilizing we replace the diseased segment with an artificial joint," Premia Spine Chief Executive Ron Sacher said, likening the procedure to hip and knee replacements patients now undergo instead of the fusion surgeries that were once common

Premia Spine launches alternative implant for spinal surgery | Reuters

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yztsXZHGpkg]Premia Spine TOPS System How Does it Work.flv - YouTube[/ame]

I'm much more aware of more medical advances achieved by Americans where I come from rather than Israelis. That being said, what does this have to do with the conflict?

I realize this latest Israeli Medical Advance upsets you. Take two Asprin, lie down and maybe it will be a bad dream. Then you wake up the next day and you find out IT'S TRUE ! :eek: :cuckoo:

We all know that many countries contribute to medical advances, but for a very small country, if one is honest he has to admit that Israel certainly has come up with many medical and technological advances. Perhaps you can tell us why, after years of raking in those big bucks from oil, the oil-rich Muslim countries haven't established laboratories and institutes where they could have done the same and, therefore, made contributions which would benefit all mankind? Was it really more important for them to build more palaces and fund terrorists?

No big surprise. Israel's contributions to peace, mankind & civilization are endless. Amazing, especially considering what Israel has for Palestinian neighbors working to prevent it & just keep the conflict going.

But it says a lot about what is going on there, Baghdad Bob (who is actually the little pipsqueak here and who still is in middle or high school but trying to act like a big man). When a country is surrounded by its neighbors who wants to destroy her because her neighbors can't bear to see one inch of land governed by Jews, it says a lot about a little country carrying on and making contributions that benefits all of mankind. By the way, Bob, why are you such a copycat? There are probably thousands and thousands of other words you could have used instead of "princess" which happens to be a word initiated by another poster. You certainly are not very original. In fact, I first called you pipsqueak, and now you are once again being unoriginal by copying me. I guess in your madrassa they are not very big on teaching vocabulary. I am sure the discerning readers have spotted Baghdad Bob using names and phrases originated by other posters. Such an unoriginal little pipsqueak.

The family didn't know her age at first. An in the Arabic world they counted age differently. It was traditional thing.

It isn't a source of ALL of the medical advances, but a great number are indeed coming out of Israel because it is in the cutting edge of medical advances.

Forum List

Back