Israel has been spying, AGAIN!!

I suspect that the true level of Israeli espionage is far beyond what average Americans think is possible.

That's the world we live in.

The defense, actually, is that they're routinely used in diplomatic backchannels. I have no reason to doubt that's true. The only question is whether it is true in this instance.

But we have a lot of countries where things are done through back channels. It's nothing new under the sun.

As I said, that's the way the world works.

People forget that the Clinton Administration is widely thought to have worked through "backchannels" to help Ehud Barack defeat Benjamin Natanyahu. We interfere in their affairs too.

uh.. riiight...

now if it were the case that we caught some IRANIANS spying....

"I suspect that the true level of Israeli espionage is far beyond what average Americans think is possible.
That's the world we live in."

BUT, is it the way we SHOULD live? I don't think anyone would be as relaxed about spying if these were muslims instead of jews. Why should that be the case?

HOLY CRAP! Israel? Spying? On us? Say it ain't so!

Big surprise, it's what they do. They spy on their allies, they spy on their enemies. When you live in a country surrounded by millions of people who want to end your existence, you spy.

I'd be disappointed if they weren't spying on anyone and everyone.

another double standard.

We hang people when they spy for Russia...

but let a jew do it and all of a sudden it's the norm.

talk about consistency...

another double standard.

We hang people when they spy for Russia...

but let a jew do it and all of a sudden it's the norm.

talk about consistency...

Except for the millions of people wanting to wipe them off the face of the earth, I feel pretty much the same way about the Russians.

Now, the Chinese are a different story...LOL

As I said, that's the way the world works.

People forget that the Clinton Administration is widely thought to have worked through "backchannels" to help Ehud Barack defeat Benjamin Natanyahu. We interfere in their affairs too.

That's because Barak would have been a peace partner. Netanyahu would have been harder line than Sharon at his most heavy-handed.

If Fatah had actually done something for its people and not continued the same corruption, we wouldn't have ended up with Hamas taking power and it probably would have been a whole other ballgame.

But there ya go.

Except for the millions of people wanting to wipe them off the face of the earth, I feel pretty much the same way about the Russians.

Now, the Chinese are a different story...LOL

so... the holocaust is yet another round of blank check excuses, eh?

Care to venture a guess on weather a palestinian would get the same kind of treatment? I wonder if anyone else in theowrld realizes the disparity according to dogmatic common denominator...

There's a reason for that (hint: It has nothing to do with them being brown-skinned).

yea, the messiah of the west happened to be jewish.

How do you think such blatant double standards when dealing with israel effects our credibility in the ME?

Why is espionage acceptable if the spy is jewish?

Because they don't crash planes into buildings?

YET? Is your crystal ball working because mine never worked out of the box. Assuming that israel is incapable of violent behaviour is kinda silly, eh?

besides, who needs to fly planes into buildings anyway when sitting on a double standard stockpile of nukes?

Not that "because they are not muslims" alleviate the FACT of their espionage.

Israel's nuclear arsenal (which you've no way of proving exists) has zero relevence here.

No one claimed Israel was incapable of violent behavior. Knock it off with the Strawmen.

I'd prefer not to be spied upon by anyone, but if forced to choose between the Mossad and VEVAK...
israel.GIF

If that makes me a bigot, whatever.

Actually, if you look at the information that was ostensibly disseminated, it was information as to planning and movement by Al Queda. That's the type of info we're supposed to be giving Israel, which is our ALLY, anyway.

I think the diplomatic backchannels defense sounds pretty credible at first blush. But we'll see if the admin allows its own witnesses to be questioned on the subject or if the charges get dropped.

Israel's nuclear arsenal (which you've no way of proving exists) has zero relevence here.

No one claimed Israel was incapable of violent behavior. Knock it off with the Strawmen.

I'd prefer not to be spied upon by anyone, but if forced to choose between the Mossad and VEVAK...
israel.GIF

If that makes me a bigot, whatever.

Well, I guess if you are ok with being a bigot when it comes to facilitating israel despite the reality of their espionage then so be it.

Indeed, israels one-way concern about israel and only israel and its eternal desire to use the US as an armed thug for neighborhood patrol should make you take a step back every single time another israeli gets busted spying on the US. If being a bigot is that easy just imagine how simple it is to comprehend the same against jews by someone in Iran. I guess some people LIKE being treated like playdoh when there are so many dogmatic and ethnic common denominators. It's probably not neon light obvious how we demonize muslims for the same thing.

As far as israels nukes... It's a joke that you still hang onto the old facade. if a muslim tried that shit we'd have invaded in 2003. Alas, thank god jews are totally non-violent and benevolent souls that CARE about non-jews enough to not spy on them or not toss cluster bombs at civilians! It's about as much strawman to the role israel has chosen to play these days as germanys invasion of poland was a strawman for chamberlains peace efforts.

Indeed, HERE is a great example of why israeli nukes and apying on America while trying to ship up a mulsim hating frenzy should concern you even if, in your eyes, israel can do no wrong:

Extreme right-wingers are campaigning for the release of Yigal Amir, the extremist Jewish assassin who gunned down former prime minister Yitzhak Rabin 12 years ago for his policy of reconciliation with the Palestinians.

Olmert also slammed protests from Jerusalem football fans, who booed and cat-called through a minute's silence to honour Rabin at the start of a game late on Sunday, as "intolerable" behaviour from a "handful of people."

Around 2,000 extreme-right Israelis, many of them Jewish settlers from the occupied West Bank, on Sunday staged the first significant protest against Israeli-Palestinian negotiations ahead of a US-sponsored peace conference.

Israeli PM Olmert slams right-wing extremists over 'flood of hatred'
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071105120133.09mvu2fl&show_article=1

giving israel a blank check and an automatic wide berth won't make them any more impervious to acting as they have been treated than any other people who have been given a blank check.

How many more times to we have to catch israel in the act before we hold it against them? Indeed, that's a REAL ally, lemme tellya! It was probably our ability to spy on the British that won WW2!

Actually, if you look at the information that was ostensibly disseminated, it was information as to planning and movement by Al Queda. That's the type of info we're supposed to be giving Israel, which is our ALLY, anyway.

I think the diplomatic backchannels defense sounds pretty credible at first blush. But we'll see if the admin allows its own witnesses to be questioned on the subject or if the charges get dropped.

HA!

yea... way to hand out the needed excuse du jour.. Indeed, were this a muslim or a commie we'd be talking about setting up gallows by now. Shit, it's only protocol that info that may or may not have been shared anyway is free for the TAKING!

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back