Israel clarified to Russia that IDF will continue Syria strikes

Didn't know Syria was attacking Israel?

When did that happen?

Interesting point of consideration. Does a nation have to be directly at war with another nation in order to protect itself? If a nation is using a third party to hide, transport, smuggle weapons intended for use against it, does it not have the right to defend?

Hmmmm

Is the nation 'protecting itself' under attack?
Would you not consider F16's flying into Syria, who is not attacking Israel, an act of war against Syria?

"If a nation is using a third party to hide, transport, smuggle weapons intended for use against it"

You have proof of this?
Can you clarify this?
Isn't this what the sea blockade against Gaza is doing against Hamas? Hamas attacks Israel! Syria doesn't!
A country has a right to pro-actively protect itself, of course.
That's what Hitler said. Seriously. It's a bunch of bullshit. I feel threatened, so I'm going to invade.
Israel disagrees, the US disagrees.

The US so does NOT disagree!!!

Wow, check out recent history!!!!

Using phoney excuses to invade countries is something US does VERY well!

If there is a question whether this can be considered "self defence" then it ISN'T "self defence"!

I'M not questioning that a third party contributing to the war efforts of one side of a conflict, the other side has a right to prevent that contribution as a matter of self-defence. Its clearly permissible self-defence.

Sorry, cannot agree...

This is not about 'self defence' this is about influencing the outcome of a pretty 'fucked up' civil war...

And Russia has clarified for Syria to Israel and the world that:

Any further airstrikes on Syrian territory will be met with deadly force and retaliation strikes deep within Israeli soil, they said.

According to the message, delivered via Russian mediators, attacks on Syrian military objects will be met with Scud missiles launched at Israeli military (IDF) bases. If Israel attacks civilian infrastructure, Syrian missiles will be fired at Israel's Haifa port and petrochemical plant. The missiles will be launched without any prior notice, the statement said....

We Mean Business: Syria Will Fire Scuds at Israel in Response to Airstrikes

As a long time peace activist I wish violence on nobody, but if anyone had it coming...

Any further airstrikes on Syrian territory will be met with deadly force and retaliation strikes deep within Israeli soil, they said.

According to the message, delivered via Russian mediators, attacks on Syrian military objects will be met with Scud missiles launched at Israeli military (IDF) bases. If Israel attacks civilian infrastructure, Syrian missiles will be fired at Israel's Haifa port and petrochemical plant. The missiles will be launched without any prior notice, the statement said....

As a long time peace activist I wish violence on nobody, but if anyone had it coming...
Syria threatened to fire scuds into Israel, not Russia. Why do you people continue to make lies about Russia and Israel?

Syria threatened to fire scuds into Israel, not Russia. Why do you people continue to make lies about Russia and Israel?

Because they know that the truth does not support their positions.

That's just dumb....

Russian mediators speaking for the Syrian government?

Screw the scud missiles... Why doesn't Russia stand up/man up and support the Syrian regime its backing and carry out the attacks themselves, as they are doing against ISIS?

And before all of the HATE replies, that is a rhetorical question....

That's just dumb....

Screw the scud missiles... Why doesn't Russia stand up/man up and support the Syrian regime its backing and carry out the attacks themselves, as they are doing against ISIS?

I don't see why you find this so confusing. Syrian representatives told Russian Syria would fire scuds into Israel if there was another Israeli strike against shipments of advanced weapons to Hezbollah.

Actually, in a ruthless, bloodthirsty kind of way, Assad's threat to bomb Israel makes a lot of sense. Right now Assad is seen by the Sunni street and Sunni governments as an enemy, but if he can start a real war with Israel, it might gain him some support in the Sunni street if not from Sunni governments. Of course, this would work against Russian interests, so it is likely Russia will do all it can to dissuade Assad from taking this action.

That's just dumb....

I don't see why you find this so confusing. Syrian representatives told Russian Syria would fire scuds into Israel if there was another Israeli strike against shipments of advanced weapons to Hezbollah.

Actually, in a ruthless, bloodthirsty kind of way, Assad's threat to bomb Israel makes a lot of sense. Right now Assad is seen by the Sunni street and Sunni governments as an enemy, but if he can start a real war with Israel, it might gain him some support in the Sunni street if not from Sunni governments. Of course, this would work against Russian interests, so it is likely Russia will do all it can to dissuade Assad from taking this action.

Oh, did I say I find it confusing?

I simply asked a question, and not to you, but, would you like to answer it too?

If there is a question whether this can be considered "self defence" then it ISN'T "self defence"!

I'M not questioning that a third party contributing to the war efforts of one side of a conflict, the other side has a right to prevent that contribution as a matter of self-defence. Its clearly permissible self-defence.

Sorry, cannot agree...

This is not about 'self defence' this is about influencing the outcome of a pretty 'fucked up' civil war...

Possibly true in this case. I would need more information to determine. I was arguing generalities at any rate.

That's just dumb....

Oh, did I say I find it confusing?

I simply asked a question, and not to you, but, would you like to answer it too?
You demonstrated with your post that you find the situation very confusing. I attempted to clear up some of your obvious confusion, and if you didn't find my post too confusing then you know I already answered your strange question about why Russia doesn't attack Israel.

Sorry, cannot agree...

Possibly true in this case. I would need more information to determine. I was arguing generalities at any rate.

Oh Shusha arguing "generalities" is as useful as a chocolate teapot ;-)

BOTTOM LINE:

Last week Israel launched yet another airstrike against Syria, and as usual – no condemnation for the UN or the international community. This time, Syria finally fired back.

What is Israel’s Agenda in Syria?

As usual, you just cut and paste material you find on the web without a clue as to what you're cutting and pasting.

There was no airstrike against Syria. Hizbollocks truck convoys were targeted.

Now, go outside and play in traffic. There's a good boy.

BOTTOM LINE:

Last week Israel launched yet another airstrike against Syria, and as usual – no condemnation for the UN or the international community. This time, Syria finally fired back.

As usual, you just cut and paste material you find on the web without a clue as to what you're cutting and pasting.

In Syria!

And what were those trucks doing?

Israel really should not be involving itself in the shit in Syria!

BOTTOM LINE:

In Syria!

Ahh, you found an opportune moment for a conspiracy theory.

How cute.

BOTTOM LINE:

In Syria!

How cute.

Oh no... Not another one who can't answer questions... Preferring to post crap instead of dealing with the question asked...

It's ok, take your time, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself

BOTTOM LINE:

In Syria!

How cute.

Oh no... Not another one who can't answer questions... Preferring to post crap instead of dealing with the question asked...

Well gee, another one who finds a conspiracy theory in every action by The Zionists

BOTTOM LINE:

In Syria!

How cute.

Well gee, another one who finds a conspiracy theory in every action by The Zionists

Wanna explain where the conspiracy there is in my post?

In Syria!

How cute.

Your conspiratorial musings "And what were those trucks doing?"

Wanna a'splain?

In Syria!

How cute.

Your conspiratorial musings "And what were those trucks doing?"

Wanna a'splain?

It was a question... Just in case you don't know .... ? is a Question Mark...

Normally what happens, when someone adds that to the end of a sentence they expect an answer not some BS because someone is either bored or brainless...

So, do you want to try again or do you just want to leave it in case you come up with something sensible?

Forum List

Back