Islam is reviving British values

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I have said this before that Islam is very beneficial for UK. Now it seems like Archbishop of Canterbury agrees with me. I think UK should promote more immigration of Muslims into UK particularly from India and other countries from the Indian subcontinent.

---

Rowan Williams was giving a speech at the annual Living Islam Festival in Lincolnshire on Friday, discussing what British values were and how Muslims could affect them.

He said one of the greatest gifts to Britain had been bringing back “open, honest and difficult public discussion”, the Times reported.

Asked if he thought Islam was restoring British values, he said: “Yes. I’m thinking of the way in which, for example, in Birmingham we have seen a local parish and a mosque combining together to provide family services and youth activities, both acting out of a very strong sense that this is what communities ought to do. ”

Dr Williams was one of several speakers at the event organised by the Islamic Society of Britain, which saw thousands of people gather for four days of talks, debates, music, worship and bazaars.

The now Master of Magdalene College in Cambridge praised both Christianity and Islam for working towards community cohesion and promoting a sense of duty.

But in comments reported by the Guardian, he also objected to the notion of British values, saying they should be more universal.

“The setting-up therefore of British values against any kind of values, whether Muslim or Christian, just won't do,” he said.

'Islam is reviving British values', says former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams - Home News - UK - The Independent

That's a great attempt at trolling.

The UK is a good laboratory to test a proposition. If a nation won't defend it's values and culture and allows an invading culture or religion to defends it's values, then what happens to the host nation?

The UK is a good laboratory to test a proposition. If a nation won't defend it's values and culture and allows an invading culture or religion to defends it's values, then what happens to the host nation?

It is not just me who thinks that Islam is good for UK. British politicians have recognized the value of Islam for Britain for quite some time now. Now even important Christian leaders are recognizing that. India has a large Muslim population from which UK can benefit in its quest to revive British values. Facilitating Muslim immigration into UK is a good for UK.

Islam is and always has been, a cancer. It is without a doubt the most violent of all the current religions. Muhammads latter years were spent preaching hatred and violence toward non-believers who won't convert, apostates, and anyone not bending to his ludicrous religion. He was a tribal warrior, thief and pedophile. No self-respecting deity would pick him as a representative.

Islam is and always has been, a cancer. It is without a doubt the most violent of all the current religions. Muhammads latter years were spent preaching hatred and violence toward non-believers who won't convert, apostates, and anyone not bending to his ludicrous religion. He was a tribal warrior, thief and pedophile. No self-respecting deity would pick him as a representative.

Every religion has some people who are bad. I do not see a point in painting all Muslims with one broad brush. I certainly think it is time for UK to revive its values with the help of Muslim immigrants. UK should initiate dialogue with countries like India to see how immigration of Muslims into UK can be facilitated. It is not a bad idea and I think the Archbishop is on the mark on this one.

Every religion has some people who are bad. I do not see a point in painting all Muslims with one broad brush. I certainly think it is time for UK to revive its values with the help of Muslim immigrants. UK should initiate dialogue with countries like India to see how immigration of Muslims into UK can be facilitated. It is not a bad idea and I think the Archbishop is on the mark on this one.

You know what would be a smashing idea, we need to implement this idea of yours on a grander scale in order to achieve more worldwide benefits. The population of the UK is too small.

Better for India and Pakistan to merge back together because they both have larger populations than the UK. Think of all the good that would flow to India but admitting all those Pakistani Muslims back into the fold.

You know what would be a smashing idea, we need to implement this idea of yours on a grander scale in order to achieve more worldwide benefits. The population of the UK is too small.

Better for India and Pakistan to merge back together because they both have larger populations than the UK. Think of all the good that would flow to India but admitting all those Pakistani Muslims back into the fold.

You seem hostile towards Muslims. Anyway, India is already benefiting from Muslim values. More than 10% of India's population is Muslim. I agree with British leadership in recognizing the value of Muslims and welcoming them into UK.

Anyway, India is already benefiting from Muslim values. More than 10% of India's population is Muslim.

You're spot on the money:

The aftermath of the Partition of India in 1947 saw large scale sectarian strife and bloodshed throughout the nation. Since then, India has witnessed sporadic large-scale violence sparked by underlying tensions between sections of the Hindu and Muslim communities. These include 1969 Gujarat riots, 1970 Bhiwandi Riots, 1983 Nellie massacre, and the 1989 Bhagalpur violence.

In the 2010 Deganga riots, rioting began on 6 September 2010, when an Islamist mob resorted to arson and violence on the Hindu neighborhoods of Deganga, Kartikpur and Beliaghata under the Deganga police station area. The violence began late in the evening and continued throughout the night into the next morning. The district police, Rapid Action Force, Central Reserve Police Force and Border Security Force all failed to stop the mob violence and the army was finally deployed.[159][160][161][162] The army staged a flag march on the Taki Road, while Islamist violence continued unabated in the interior villages off the Taki Road, till Wednesday in spite of army presence and promulgation of prohibitory orders under section 144 of the CrPC​

I agree with British leadership in recognizing the value of Muslims and welcoming them into UK.

The UK is just too staid and boring. They could always use more more vibrancy:

London_Muslims_Protest_Danish_Cartoons_220806_600x400.jpg

Islam is a religion of peace. UK can certainly benefit from this philosophy of Islam. That is what the Archbishop is alluding to.

Islam is a religion of peace. UK can certainly benefit from this philosophy of Islam. That is what the Archbishop is alluding to.

I can see that. The UK was horribly violent before Islam burrowed in like a parasite to bring peace and calm to the land by turning English spirit to mush and English attitudes towards meek compliance with political correctness.

All is better now that England no longer defends its culture and values. See peace can be bought through subservience and acquiescence.

I can see that. The UK was horribly violent before Islam burrowed in like a parasite to bring peace and calm to the land by turning English spirit to mush and English attitudes towards meek compliance with political correctness.

All is better now that England no longer defends its culture and values. See peace can be bought through subservience and acquiescence.

UK does have a history of extreme violence. Brits killed millions of people in Asia and Africa in the process of colonization. So I think letting Islam into UK will be a good thing as it will temper the violent British tendencies.

It is not just me who thinks that Islam is good for UK. British politicians have recognized the value of Islam for Britain for quite some time now. Now even important Christian leaders are recognizing that. India has a large Muslim population from which UK can benefit in its quest to revive British values. Facilitating Muslim immigration into UK is a good for UK.

You mean the British politicians whoring for votes? Like American politicians they would sell out the country for a handful of votes

I have said this before that Islam is very beneficial for UK. Now it seems like Archbishop of Canterbury agrees with me. I think UK should promote more immigration of Muslims into UK particularly from India and other countries from the Indian subcontinent.

---

Rowan Williams was giving a speech at the annual Living Islam Festival in Lincolnshire on Friday, discussing what British values were and how Muslims could affect them.

He said one of the greatest gifts to Britain had been bringing back “open, honest and difficult public discussion”, the Times reported.

Asked if he thought Islam was restoring British values, he said: “Yes. I’m thinking of the way in which, for example, in Birmingham we have seen a local parish and a mosque combining together to provide family services and youth activities, both acting out of a very strong sense that this is what communities ought to do. ”

Dr Williams was one of several speakers at the event organised by the Islamic Society of Britain, which saw thousands of people gather for four days of talks, debates, music, worship and bazaars.

The now Master of Magdalene College in Cambridge praised both Christianity and Islam for working towards community cohesion and promoting a sense of duty.

But in comments reported by the Guardian, he also objected to the notion of British values, saying they should be more universal.

“The setting-up therefore of British values against any kind of values, whether Muslim or Christian, just won't do,” he said.

'Islam is reviving British values', says former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams - Home News - UK - The Independent

"Former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams" ...thankfully he no longer holds that position.
His views on many things, including Islam...baaah!

Seems to be.
However, if Prime Minister Cameron and his govt don't start fixing things...like 'multiculturalism', 'political correctness' etc, that Cameron basically said on the world stage have been a disaster for Britain;

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xsnEzA8Fw [/ame]
Cameron: State multiculturalism has failed .

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p43K0_5lzbk [/ame]

and in Germany;

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJxRBvSf83w [/ame]
Merkel says German multicultural society has failed .

.....trouble electorally for him, his govt, and any other future govt looms large.

The NO SURRENDER EDL is growing in membership numbers, smypathisers, and "the comfortable middle class are signing up."
Tommy Robinson might no longer be the leader of the EDL, but it still exists and is stronger than ever.

English Defence League

Last edited:

UK does have a history of extreme violence. Brits killed millions of people in Asia and Africa in the process of colonization. So I think letting Islam into UK will be a good thing as it will temper the violent British tendencies.

And start "WW3"!

There seems to be far too much of Islam in Britain already;

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIPG1EQHrxc [/ame]
Muslims against Crusades burning Poppies on Remembrance day

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dSCAinfqUk [/ame]
EDL London Protest Cancelled. Muslims riot anyway. Media conspire to hide. .

yeah good , I hope that England is waking up to its problems with immigration and PC !!

Why do India's Muslims need to leave India? Could it be they have so badly screwed India?

You seem hostile towards Muslims. Anyway, India is already benefiting from Muslim values. More than 10% of India's population is Muslim. I agree with British leadership in recognizing the value of Muslims and welcoming them into UK.
Didn't India spin off Pakistan because her Muslims couldn't live peacefully with India's infidels?

Forum List

Back