ISIS Slaughtered 700 in a Syrian Tribe

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
Do you know that the most brutal massacre by ISIS happened months ago but flew under the radar until now? In August, ISIS fighters took vengeance against the Shaitat tribe in eastern Syria when they resisted the extremists, beheading, crucifying, and shooting more than 700 people in a three day period. It was the bloodiest attack committed by the group to date, and demonstrates that small rebellions inside Syria aren't equipped to take on the powerful militants and are getting little outside help.

Read more
I bet Obama is really, really pissed about this...

That ISIS kills Muslims is usually lost in the media frenzy -- because ISIS isn't about Islam, it's about power.

>> Is ISIS Islamic? The answer depends on whom you ask. Mainstream Muslim leaders, together with people like President Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron, say no, while others who are self-appointed Muslim experts based on thumbing through the book Islam for Dummies say yes.

But regardless of your view, there’s one thing that we must agree upon: We need to counter ISIS with Islam. We are truly witnessing a clash of civilizations. But it’s not between the West and the Islamic world. It’s between Islam and ISIS.

...And that’s not just my view, it’s also the opinion of some leading Muslim clerics and scholars as well. On Thursday, a group of Muslims leaders gathered at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., to announce a new initiative using the principles of Islam as the way to counter the recruiting drive of ISIS.

... The letter includes a list of horrific acts taken by ISIS and then explains why each one violates specific Qur'anic verses and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad. Ahmed Bedier, one of the Muslim leaders involved in the effort, explained to me that the reason they included such detailed religious references was that they wanted the letter to have “street cred,” especially among “the very conservative Muslims and others who may sympathize or buy into the ISIS narrative.” << (here)​

Do you know that the most brutal massacre by ISIS happened months ago but flew under the radar until now? In August, ISIS fighters took vengeance against the Shaitat tribe in eastern Syria when they resisted the extremists, beheading, crucifying, and shooting more than 700 people in a three day period. It was the bloodiest attack committed by the group to date, and demonstrates that small rebellions inside Syria aren't equipped to take on the powerful militants and are getting little outside help.

Read more
I bet Obama is really, really pissed about this...

Oh no, 700 fewer threats to Israel. Not like Syrians are pro-west or anything.

Forum List

Back