Isaiah Thomas: I dominated Michael Jordan...my focus was on Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, not MJ

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
That's a bold statement, with the facts to back it up!

EmgREOCWMAIDyzJ

"Dems fighting words".

He's angry that Jordan shafted him for the first Super Team in Olympic sports, so I don't blame him. He is somewhat right, but, he had issues in slightly different years. Celtics, Lakers at first, Jordan later.

One quality I give Thomas is that he was just as thick headed as Jordan. It came with the Bad Boys in general. The first hockey team in NBA history.

I'd still prefer Jordan as my shooting guard between the two. I'd probably take Stockton or Payton 2/3 then Thomas. That's just me.

"Dems fighting words".

He's angry that Jordan shafted him for the first Super Team in Olympic sports, so I don't blame him. He is somewhat right, but, he had issues in slightly different years. Celtics, Lakers at first, Jordan later.

One quality I give Thomas is that he was just as thick headed as Jordan. It came with the Bad Boys in general. The first hockey team in NBA history.

I'd still prefer Jordan as my shooting guard between the two. I'd probably take Stockton or Payton 2/3 then Thomas. That's just me.
The pistons overcame Boston and lakers to win back to back. The bulls weren’t a factor. Then Michael beat the pistons to go on to threepeat.

It would be like if Larry bird said Isaiah wasn’t his competition magic was. Maybe you didn’t consider them your competition until they beat you. But don’t forget they beat you to knock you off the top of the mountain.

"Dems fighting words".

The pistons overcame Boston and lakers to win back to back. The bulls weren’t a factor. Then Michael beat the pistons to go on to threepeat.

It would be like if Larry bird said Isaiah wasn’t his competition magic was. Maybe you didn’t consider them your competition until they beat you. But don’t forget they beat you to knock you off the top of the mountain.
Pistons got screwed in game 6 in 1988 finals
Lambeer never touched Kareem and it cost them the game and series
They would have won a 3 peat

Isiah in game 6 suffered a devastating leg injury but still scored huge points on one leg
By 1991: the bulls surpassed them all

You'd think after all his Fk. ups that Thomas would drop it and lead a quiet life with his mouth shut! :dunno: :rolleyes:
It's funny we never talk about him in Detroit. He isn't celebrated. He should be. He's our Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Hakeem. He should be worshiped around here but for some reason he just isn't celebrated. Is he that much of an asshole? At least he won us 2 championships. Remember you can't talk about the Magic Bird Jordan era and skip over the Piston's. And don't forget the Rockets. They won back to back 2 championships when Michael took a break.

Notice in basketball there is no Laker/Celtics type rivalry? They were saying the next rivalry might be Philly vs Nets. Harden/Embiid vs Durant/Kyrie

It's funny we never talk about him in Detroit. He isn't celebrated. He should be. He's our Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Hakeem. He should be worshiped around here but for some reason he just isn't celebrated. Is he that much of an asshole? At least he won us 2 championships. Remember you can't talk about the Magic Bird Jordan era and skip over the Piston's. And don't forget the Rockets. They won back to back 2 championships when Michael took a break.

Notice in basketball there is no Laker/Celtics type rivalry? They were saying the next rivalry might be Philly vs Nets. Harden/Embiid vs Durant/Kyrie

How can you forget Thomas is one of the colossal A-Holes of all time? Beside puffing up his own greatness, he failed at just about everything he tried doing after playing thru his own ineptitude and scumball-ness! For some reason, he kept getting chance after chance to stay on top, including coaching of men, women, and kids in college! He was also President of B-Ball Ops., running the Knicks! No one forced him to sexually harass the staff! He cost Madison Square Gardens over $11 Million to settle a claim! Heaven knows what was settled without our knowledge! It's always been something with this guy, but for some reason he'd throw that smile out there, speak softly, and people would get over it! :dunno: :rolleyes::itsok::stir::omg:

How can you forget Thomas is one of the colossal A-Holes of all time? Beside puffing up his own greatness, he failed at just about everything he tried doing after playing thru his own ineptitude and scumball-ness! For some reason, he kept getting chance after chance to stay on top, including coaching of men, women, and kids in college! He was also President of B-Ball Ops., running the Knicks! No one forced him to sexually harass the staff! He cost Madison Square Gardens over $11 Million to settle a claim! Heaven knows what was settled without our knowledge! It's always been something with this guy, but for some reason he'd throw that smile out there, speak softly, and people would get over it! :dunno: :rolleyes::itsok::stir::omg:
I haven't forgot. Or, I think we kind of have forgotten but that's because he has sort of disappeared. We don't talk about him much. When people talk about him, it's how he wasn't picked for the Olympics because he was such a dick. Or how he didn't shake hands when he lost to Jordan. Amazing how that will ruin an otherwise great legacy.

You pretty much nailed it summing up Thomas. LOL. Good job.

I'm watching asshole Westbrook losing it because he can't take the criticism. What did he expect? They were expecting a championship and he's giving them a season where they won't even make the playoffs. With Lebron you can't even make the playoffs? This year is totally ruining his already suspect legacy.

I haven't forgot. Or, I think we kind of have forgotten but that's because he has sort of disappeared. We don't talk about him much. When people talk about him, it's how he wasn't picked for the Olympics because he was such a dick. Or how he didn't shake hands when he lost to Jordan. Amazing how that will ruin an otherwise great legacy.

You pretty much nailed it summing up Thomas. LOL. Good job.

I'm watching asshole Westbrook losing it because he can't take the criticism. What did he expect? They were expecting a championship and he's giving them a season where they won't even make the playoffs. With Lebron you can't even make the playoffs? This year is totally ruining his already suspect legacy.

As long as he gets on TV to highlight a game or sit there announcing a live one, he'll always have a forum to spout how great he was & salvage the reputation of his team after that abysmal act losing to Chgo in '91! :D

As long as he gets on TV to highlight a game or sit there announcing a live one, he'll always have a forum to spout how great he was & salvage the reputation of his team after that abysmal act losing to Chgo in '91! :D
I still love our Badboys. Even though I know if they were not MY Badboys I'd hate them so much. LOL. The only likable guy was John Salley.

Forum List

Back