Isaac Hayes' Family Furious Trump Used Song For His Jig At Controversial NRA Speech

I give zero fucks about you personally, and I've never overstepped your made up 'boundaries'.

Help me understand, fucktard magaturd idiot.
That's all I ask.

If you would please communicate that to your buds of the Democratic persuasion, I would be very grateful. And then we'll all be happy.

I want my children respected. "As" children. Not as pawns in a political game. I want them enabled, not encumbered.

That is why I'm here, to communicate that message. And communicate my willingness and intention to enforce it.

I don't like enforcing, I'm not an enforcer. I'm a libertarian, we're all about live and let live.

And that's kind of the point. When "mostly peaceful protesters" put my children in fear of their lives, that's the OPPOSITE of live and let live, and I will respond accordingly

The only reason that didn't happen last time is because I was taken totally by surprise, because there were cops standing not 100 feet away and they did NOT A FUCKING THING.

Quite obviously, the job of protecting my family is MY responsibility and I intend to be a responsible father and husband.

We can agree or disagree on other things, but the children are an absolute boundary and it shall not be transgressed. That includes classrooms and protests and churches too.

The Summer of Love made me acutely aware that I needed to pay better attention to the safety of my family. Internet advertising is only one of many things I do, to further that cause

The family of the late legendary musician Isaac Hayes has posted an angry tweet lashing former President Donald Trump’s use of one of Hayes’s songs at his controversial speech Friday at the National Rifle Association convention.

“The estate and family of Isaac Hayes DID NOT approve and would NEVER approve the use of ‘Hold On I’m Coming’ ... by Donald Trump at this weekend’s NRA convention,” said the tweet.
The tweet added: “Our condolences go out to the victims and families of Uvalde and mass shooting victims everywhere.”

In a bold display of disrespect, Trump bashed gun control and hailed all firearms in his Friday speech, including the kind of military-style assault weapons that killed 19 children and two teachers in a mass shooting in Uvalde last week.

Trump then mangled the pronunciation of victims’ names, which he read interspersed with cheesy funeral toll sounds.
Trump wrapped up his speech smiling, with his clenched fists and wooden dance steps to the song “Hold On, I’m Coming,” written by Hayes and David Porter, and recorded in 1966 by rhythm-and-blues duo Sam and Dave.

A long list of musicians — from the Rolling Stones to Black Sabbath, Adele, R.E.M., Rihanna and Aerosmith, and the estates of Tom Petty and Prince — have contacted Trump’s campaign organization to demand he stop appropriating their songs without permission to promote himself. Neither the artists nor songs have anything remotely to do with his positions, they’ve charged.

Funny how folks who hate black folks always want to use their music.

They also love to quote black men who are no long living, ie. Dr. King, Medgar Evers, etc., black men who would be fighting them tooth and nail.
I am tan this time of year and will listen to whatever music I want to you bitch ass nigga.

That's all I ask.

If you would please communicate that to your buds of the Democratic persuasion, I would be very grateful. And then we'll all be happy
I don't have those. Sorry, magaturd. I'm an apex predator. I don't like any of you political hack extremists. I'm here to demolish you and your kind. To make America a better place, if you will.

I want my children respected. "As" children. Not as pawns in a political game. I want them enabled, not encumbered.
I'm a parent/g-parent too. I don't get why do you behave as you do. You act like an en spastic Karen. I hate it.
I don't like enforcing, I'm not an enforcer. I'm a libertarian, we're all about live and let live.
Libertarians are former Conservatives that have gone so far off the reservation that they believe the constitution applies to THEM, and them only. State/Federal laws are more a 'suggestion' than a decree. Oh, and they seem to embrace their love for a formerly illegal Schedule 1 drug called 'marijuana'. It's natural, after all, squares.

Last edited:
I don't have those. Sorry, magaturd. I'm an apex predator. I don't like any of you political hack extremists. I'm here to demolish you and your kind. To make America a better place, if you will.

I'm a parent/g-parent too. I don't get why do you behave as you do. You act like an en spastic Karen. I hate it.

Libertarians are former Conservatives that have gone so far off the reservation that they believe the constitution applies to THEM, and them only. State/Federal laws are more a 'suggestion' than a decree. Oh, and they seem to embrace their love for a formerly illegal Schedule 1 drug called 'marijuana'. It's natural, after all, squares.
You're an asshole.

The family of the late legendary musician Isaac Hayes has posted an angry tweet lashing former President Donald Trump’s use of one of Hayes’s songs at his controversial speech Friday at the National Rifle Association convention.

“The estate and family of Isaac Hayes DID NOT approve and would NEVER approve the use of ‘Hold On I’m Coming’ ... by Donald Trump at this weekend’s NRA convention,” said the tweet.
The tweet added: “Our condolences go out to the victims and families of Uvalde and mass shooting victims everywhere.”

In a bold display of disrespect, Trump bashed gun control and hailed all firearms in his Friday speech, including the kind of military-style assault weapons that killed 19 children and two teachers in a mass shooting in Uvalde last week.

Trump then mangled the pronunciation of victims’ names, which he read interspersed with cheesy funeral toll sounds.
Trump wrapped up his speech smiling, with his clenched fists and wooden dance steps to the song “Hold On, I’m Coming,” written by Hayes and David Porter, and recorded in 1966 by rhythm-and-blues duo Sam and Dave.

A long list of musicians — from the Rolling Stones to Black Sabbath, Adele, R.E.M., Rihanna and Aerosmith, and the estates of Tom Petty and Prince — have contacted Trump’s campaign organization to demand he stop appropriating their songs without permission to promote himself. Neither the artists nor songs have anything remotely to do with his positions, they’ve charged.

They also love to quote black men who are no long living, ie. Dr. King, Medgar Evers, etc., black men who would be fighting them tooth and nail.
You are full of hate and do nothing but spew it on others.

Dr. King fights with me.

People like you fill the minds of black children with hate and inspire them to do great evil.

People like you are the enemy of the black American.

The poor baby .... tough shit .

I don't have those. Sorry, magaturd. I'm an apex predator.

lol

I doubt that very much. :p

don't like any of you political hack extremists. I'm here to demolish you and your kind. To make America a better place, if you will.

Well, you're not going to do it by being a leftard asswipe.

I don't care. If you hate it. Or any other feelings you may have.

Still full of bullshit I see. You believe in ridiculous stereotypes. Libertarian with a small l, is the exact opposite of what you just said.

Exceot for the part about the drug laws. The federal government has no business in anyone's body. Period

Yeah it came off pretty snobby, dude. Maybe you ought to rethink it.
Y'know, I look at the absolutely HATEFUL, VULGAR, UGLY FILTH that is posted on this board every day, all day. And I sure as hell get my share, directed at me. This includes posts that you yourself make.

Then I see you getting all hurt and offended over a post of mine that is a little too "snobby" for you. Gosh, we'd better tell Mac to tone it down a little! Phew! He's really gone NUTS here! This is just crazy!

So, I just shake my head, roll my eyes, and move on. It's a good thing I no longer take this place seriously.

Last edited:
lol

Oh! The outrage!

lmao

Rush Limbaugh famously used the Pretenders "My City Was Gone" as the opening of his show for over 10 years because Chrissie Hynde had demanded he not play it. Then they became friends and she actually recorded a version that he used for the next 20 years specifically for the show.

Y'know, I look at the absolutely HATEFUL, VULGAR, UGLY FILTH that is posted on this board every day, all day.

Well, you post so much of it, you must look at it.

And I sure as hell get my share, directed at me. This includes posts that you yourself make.

When you're as much of a partisan hack as you are Mac, you're going to tack some flak.

So in a form you can understand, mac the hack takes flak.

Then I see you getting all hurt and offended over a post of mine that is a little too "snobby" for you. Gosh, we'd better tell Mac to tone it down a little! Phew! He's really gone NUTS here! This is just crazy!

So, I just shake my head, roll my eyes, and move on. It's a good thing I no longer take this place seriously.

That is good, since no one takes you seriously - just another of the din of leftists bleating talking points from the hate sites like Occupy Democrats and CNN.

Well, you post so much of it, you must look at it.

When you're as much of a partisan hack as you are Mac, you're going to tack some flak.

So in a form you can understand, mac the hack takes flak.

That is good, since no one takes you seriously - just another of the din of leftists bleating talking points from the hate sites like Occupy Democrats and CNN.
You need so much help

Hatred is eating you alive

I don't have those. Sorry, magaturd. I'm an apex predator.
Here is dodo Tumbler showing how tough he is..
giphy.gif

I don't like any of you political hack extremists. I'm here to demolish you and your kind. To make America a better place, if you will.

You're a Nazi.

You want genocide of whites and fascist dictatorship.

No one is confused over what you want.

You Nazis hate the Constitution and the very concept of individual rights. You view your Reich as the rightful rulers and seek to subjugate others.

You're outraged because people are finally standing up to you - resulting in the above video of your attack on your betters.

Who cares?

Forum List

Back