Is Tony Romo the most overrated QB in the NFL?

Romo is a decent quarterback but not a great QB.

I'd say Jay Cutler is more over-rated. Remember, Romo was an undrafted free agent. The Bears gave up a boatload of draft picks for a QB who had a losing record in Denver.

Will Dallas even make the playoffs this year? if they don't, what does that do to Romo's status?

Third...just after the Manning bros.

lol ...

They've actually managed to win a playoff game.

Even overrated players can have dumb luck (see Donovan McNabb).

This doesn't really back up your claim though. Donovan has never won the big one, and has failed miserably trying to win the second biggest one like 4 times now. I would have taken some of that "dumb luck" at least ONCE.

Both Manning brothers have won a super bowl.

To answer the original question, yes, Romo is the most overrated QB.

Tony proves he owns the title again, losing badly to the Pack.

The key play was his sack and fumble in the forth making it a three score game.

He doesn't even deserve to be in the conversation of "rated" quarterbacks.
Romo is a decent second tier fantasy QB, some weeks (like last week) he will win you a week, but in big games, he's a choke artist of the first order.

He is my dad's QB for fanatasy football! :lol: My dad hates the Cowboys and has Romo as his QB, I told him he was a trader.
I try to avoid all cowboys in fantasy football, they are always over rated.

Romo's just another one of the many Dallas QBs that is a second-stringer they think they're going to get lucky with. The QBs they ever went anywhere with were 1st round draft choices.

ARE YOU LISTENING JERRY JONES, YOU F-ING MORON? :eusa_eh:

Just Add Romo to the Craig Morton, Danny White, Steve Peilluer list and move on. Imagine, passing on Drew Brees to offer Romo a better contract. What's NO doing now?:cuckoo:

He is my dad's QB for fanatasy football! :lol: My dad hates the Cowboys and has Romo as his QB, I told him he was a trader.
I try to avoid all cowboys in fantasy football, they are always over rated.

Bull.
Talkin fantasy football dude, Dallas's 2 WRs are usually low draft piucks and rarely used, I doubt anybody is happy with Roy Williams. The TE is decent, but barber is hurt to much to have a lot of value.

As for Romo, its games like Sunday that destroy his value.

Creighton's average at best, but this new kid Austin looks promising. Williams looks like he may be a huge bust. He's worse in Dallas where he actually had a chance to live up to his hype.

I don't know about "decent" for Witten though. The guy's a beast if you ask me. Straight up reminds me of Jay Novacek, almost to a T.

No, but he's up there.

The most over rated QB in the NFL is Quinn. He was really nothing special in college but when Charlie Weis got there suddenly he's a Hiesmann candidate?

Really?

The public at large loves to crown people before they actually DO something.

He was drafted higher than he should have been, paid more then he should have gotten and he's being exposed.

As for Romo....he's streaky at best and he lacks leadership. He's not the answer.

In his day, Mike Vick was not only the most overrated QB in the NFL, but he was the most overrated player period in the NFL, and one of the most overrated of all time!

Top 5 most overrated starting QB's in the NFL today

1.) Tony Romo: Turnover machine who's yet to win a playoff game. All flash, no real substance!

2.) Vince Young: Turnover machine who flat out can't pass. Only won games in the NFL due to his defense.

3.) Eli Manning: Needed great surroundings in order to win. Plax and the defense won him a super bowl. Lacks accuracy.

4.) Donovan McNabb: The king of the RB dump off, boosting his stats throughout his career.

5.) Jay Cutler: All arm, no accuracy or football IQ. A turnover machine, who has never had a winning season as a starter in the NFL.

romo-fumbler.jpg

welcome to Romoland!

3.) Eli Manning: Needed great surroundings in order to win. Plax and the defense won him a super bowl. Lacks accuracy.

Wrong on that one.

If you watched all the playoff games that year, you wouldn't mention accuracy or that it was Burriss.

Add to it that Manning has never missed a game as a starter, has never failed to throw for at least 3,000 yards in a full season and has had at least 21 TDs every year he started.

Manning won a SB in his 4th year, he's already accomplished the ultimate accievment in the NFL, therefore cannot be 'over rated.'

He also has one of the best wining percentages in football.

That isn't 'over-rated.'

Over rated are guys that don't win the big games.

Wrong on that one.

If you watched all the playoff games that year, you wouldn't mention accuracy or that it was Burriss.

Add to it that Manning has never missed a game as a starter, has never failed to throw for at least 3,000 yards in a full season and has had at least 21 TDs every year he started.

Manning won a SB in his 4th year, he's already accomplished the ultimate accievment in the NFL, therefore cannot be 'over rated.'

He also has one of the best wining percentages in football.

That isn't 'over-rated.'

Over rated are guys that don't win the big games.
Manning dink-and-dunked his way through the playoffs in 2007. He passed for under 200 yds in the Giants first two playoff games. In the third playoff game in 2007, he had a 52.5 completion percentage, with no TD passes. In the Super Bowl, Manning had two touch downs, one interception, and some big plays by his receivers. The next season with out Plax, during a home game in the playoffs, Manning was 15-29 169 yds, 0 TD, 2 int's....

Manning has a 56.3 career completion percentage, with 113 TD's and 82 int's in 71 career starts.

Manning is a middle of the pack QB, who was surrounded by great talent, and a strong defense.

And don't give me that Super Bowl crap. Rex Grossman, Tony Eason, Stan Humphries, Neil O'Donell, Chris Chandler, Kerry Collins, Jake Delhomme, all made a Super Bowl. While Trent Dilfer, Doug Willaims, Jeff Hostetler, Jim McMahon, Eli Manning, and Brad Johnson, all won Super Bowls as a starting QB.

Forum List

Back