Is this the time to take home the boys from Afghanistan and Iraq?

Discussion in 'Military' started by GEORGE ORWELL, Jan 14, 2010.

1. GEORGE ORWELL

GEORGE ORWELL Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    [​IMG]IS THIS THE TIME TO WORK FOR PEACE --- NOT WAR? Now when Haiti is in the midst of a gigantic Holocaust is this not the time to take the boys from Afghanistan and Iraq home and lend a hand for peace? That would solve the image of USA more than anything? For aid not war!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Why? Because we finally have the end in reach? Yea, good plan. Then we can chalk up another failure instead of finishing the job properly. If we're really lucky, Afghanistan will go to hell, like Iraq did after we left in '91... then we can go back and do it again! Brilliant strategy. Not. Idiot.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. namvet

namvet Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    with a strong R prez i would say stay and fight. but with Osama NO. get em out

4. myloem

myloem Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Send the troops home. There is no well defined mission in either country. "Winning" all depends on who you ask. I would rather have troops inside our country guarding us than outside roaming around in other countries. I think more troops at home will strengthen homeland security.

5. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    Sure, let Al Qaida take over the governments or put in puppet regimes.

That will really decrease terrorist attacks in America

:cuckoo:

6. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    Our troops at home have no power to provide security, they have no civil authority outside of a federal reservation.

No it is not time to bring our troops out of Afghanistan, Not as long as Al Qaeda or the Taliban has any chance of capturing a Pakistani Nuke. And they have come very close to doing so. We must be in the area and prepared for this situation. Besides that Al Qaeda is still our enemy and they are still out there. We have little choice but to take the fight to them in whatever means we have wherever they pop up.

And Iraq? God only knows if that frail democracy can survive without our troops close at hand.

7. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    What's this Republican thing gotta do with it? I can find failure with large military operations under Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, and Bush W. The first Bush did that odd hit and run attack I'm split on. Ford, was he really President?

Maybe strong Democrats like FDR, Truman, a gambler like Kennedy, or Clinton would be best?

Really what is Obama doing different than "W" with the terrorism war? We're winding down Iraq operations and winding up Afgahn ops. Any ideas what McCain would be doing differently?

8. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    It's well past time to bring them home.

9. namvet

namvet Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    how convenient for you to forget a liberal faliure named LBJ. the murderer of vietnam vets. forced outta office by the DNC. that's why I want an R running it. instead of a D who cuts and runs because of a few liberal protesters. yep. bring em home.
    Clinton??? Halarious
    Carter who brought terrorism to our shore. oh my yes we must forget this :eusa_whistle:
    Iraq was over before the election
    FDR, Truman were Americans

are you really this stupid?????

10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    I think we should do everything in our power to find Bin Ladin. We should use our troops to go everywhere and turn over every rock until we find him. That should be our utmost primary reason for being there. We shouldn't screw with anybody unless they get in our way from finding Bin Ladin. When we find him, he should be brought back to the US either dead or alive. Once we have him in the country, we should immediately bring our troops home from both Iraq and Afghanistan. I would then consider our mission there completed. Anything other than that I would consider a good old fashioned boondoggle.