Is this Still True?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I was taught in my logistics class that the transcontinental railroad act included free passenger transport for the army and by extension POWs, enemy aliens and similar parts of defending the nation and its borders. If this is still true why isn't free rail transport being used instead of paying for bus transport?

That being the case, IKE built the interstate specifically for the armed forces. Why not just use it to ship the aliens?

I was taught in my logistics class that the transcontinental railroad act included free passenger transport for the army and by extension POWs, enemy aliens and similar parts of defending the nation and its borders. If this is still true why isn't free rail transport being used instead of paying for bus transport?
You guys dream up the zaniest things

Personally I use teleporters.

giphy.gif

That being the case, IKE built the interstate specifically for the armed forces. Why not just use it to ship the aliens?
He didn't build it specifically for the armed forces but kept that use in mind in the design and specifications and used that as part of the justification for the program to sell it to congress, WWII being fresh in everyone's mind and the cold war getting up to a full head of steam. It was basically a knock off of the German Autobahn system begun by Hitler.

prolly just to give RW snowflakes something new to whine about .......

Forum List

Back