Is this really the worst House since Truman?

R

rdean

I've heard that repeated.

Republicans ran on Jobs Jobs Jobs. They have no jobs bill. They say that government can't do anything to create jobs.

They say only cutting taxes will create jobs. There were the Bush tax cuts. Then Obama extended the Bush tax cuts (otherwise millions of Americans would have lost their unemployment, he was right to take that Republican threat seriously), nearly half the stimulus package was tax cuts, the 12 largest companies don't pay anything in taxes and were even given billions. Oil companies are subsidized. Companies are sitting on trillions.

Have Republicans simply "given up" on any job creation? Is that why they are slashing education and going after teachers? Because they don't feel it's necessary since there won't be any jobs?

I'm just trying to figure out what their "plans" are for this country.

Considering all their bills are about "abortion" and "gay rights" and "immigration", I'm pretty sure they are trying to place the country on "lockdown". Is that it? That's the goal?

If it isn't, someone please explain what the goal is.

Considering all their bills are about "abortion" and "gay rights" and "immigration", I'm pretty sure they are trying to place the country on "lockdown". Is that it? That's the goal?

Create 50 independent countries, it would seem.

I know many want to throw out 74 years of Constitutional case law.

They are in essence reactionaries – they harbor this pathetic fantasy of returning the country to ca 1800.

It’s really quite sad.

Republicans need to run on a platform that Rdean and Progressives can understand: Mo' Hope n Better Change.

Republicans ran on Jobs Jobs Jobs. They have no jobs bill. They say that government can't do anything to create jobs.

They say only cutting taxes will create jobs. There were the Bush tax cuts. Then Obama extended the Bush tax cuts (otherwise millions of Americans would have lost their unemployment, he was right to take that Republican threat seriously), nearly half the stimulus package was tax cuts, the 12 largest companies don't pay anything in taxes and were even given billions. Oil companies are subsidized. Companies are sitting on trillions.

Have Republicans simply "given up" on any job creation? Is that why they are slashing education and going after teachers? Because they don't feel it's necessary since there won't be any jobs?

Really? WHo's been repeating that? The voices in your head?
The GOP House has passed bill after bill, only to have it die in the Senate. Didnt the Dems demand a "clean" bill to raise the deficit? They got it. Except it was voted down in the House. By Democrats.
How many bills about abortion or gay rights has the House passed?
How many budget bills ahs the Democratic Senate passed? Oh yeah. None. That includes Obama's own budget.
The Democrats are the most feckless irresponsible party in history. Now Daddy is taking the credit card away and they can't stand it.
In 2012 they wont have to worry anymore.

There is less than a 6% chance that Obama would sign anything passed by House Republicans

Hummm. so by Rdeans standards, THE OBAMA is the WORST President since Carter.

He ran on jobs jobs jobs and promised his stimulus would bring down unemployment...But all we got was 2trillion dollars spent and a RISE in UNEMPLOYMENT..

And put the BLAME squarely at the feet where it belongs, the DEMOCRAT PARTY and that idiot Community organizer in Chief, Obama

A reason to come back to this thread

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2cCuadivpE&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Ian Gillan-Gethsemane (I only want to say)‬‏[/ame]

He ran on jobs jobs jobs and promised his stimulus would bring down unemployment...But all we got was 2trillion dollars spent and a RISE in UNEMPLOYMENT..

And put the BLAME squarely at the feet where it belongs, the DEMOCRAT PARTY and that idiot Community organizer in Chief, Obama

Because 9.2 is more than 10.1?

This is exactly why Republicans desperately need "education".

The GOP House has passed bill after bill, only to have it die in the Senate. Didnt the Dems demand a "clean" bill to raise the deficit? They got it. Except it was voted down in the House. By Democrats.
How many budget bills ahs the Democratic Senate passed? Oh yeah. None. That includes Obama's own budget.
The Democrats are the most feckless irresponsible party in history. Now Daddy is taking the credit card away and they can't stand it.

Everything I wrote was true. You didn't deny any of it. Republicans have passed bill after bill. On ending Medicare. On anti women's rights. And so one. They have passed no jobs bill. None. Remember, Republicans feel "government can't make jobs". Right?

"One year later, the worst of the (economic) storm has passed. But the devastation remains. Jobs must be our number-one focus in 2010." -- Failed Leader Obama SOTU 2010

One year later, the worst of the (economic) storm has passed. But the devastation remains. Jobs must be our number-one focus in 2010, um 2011, er 2012.

Everything I wrote was true. You didn't deny any of it. Republicans have passed bill after bill. On ending Medicare. On anti women's rights. And so one. They have passed no jobs bill. None. Remember, Republicans feel "government can't make jobs". Right?

Medicare ended? Yeah?

Forum List

Back