Is this really the worst House since Truman?

Hummm. so by Rdeans standards, THE OBAMA is the WORST President since Carter.

He ran on jobs jobs jobs and promised his stimulus would bring down unemployment...But all we got was 2trillion dollars spent and a RISE in UNEMPLOYMENT..

And put the BLAME squarely at the feet where it belongs, the DEMOCRAT PARTY and that idiot Community organizer in Chief, Obama

Because 9.2 is more than 10.1?

This is exactly why Republicans desperately need "education".

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

Really? WHo's been repeating that? The voices in your head?
The GOP House has passed bill after bill, only to have it die in the Senate. Didnt the Dems demand a "clean" bill to raise the deficit? They got it. Except it was voted down in the House. By Democrats.
How many bills about abortion or gay rights has the House passed?
How many budget bills ahs the Democratic Senate passed? Oh yeah. None. That includes Obama's own budget.
The Democrats are the most feckless irresponsible party in history. Now Daddy is taking the credit card away and they can't stand it.
In 2012 they wont have to worry anymore.

Everything I wrote was true. You didn't deny any of it. Republicans have passed bill after bill. On ending Medicare. On anti women's rights. And so one. They have passed no jobs bill. None. Remember, Republicans feel "government can't make jobs". Right?

Medicare ended? Yeah?

Republicans are ON RECORD for ending Medicare. A "voucher program" is NOT Medicare. And yes, it really is that "simple".

Everything I wrote was true. You didn't deny any of it. Republicans have passed bill after bill. On ending Medicare. On anti women's rights. And so one. They have passed no jobs bill. None. Remember, Republicans feel "government can't make jobs". Right?

Medicare ended? Yeah?

Republicans are ON RECORD for ending Medicare. A "voucher program" is NOT Medicare. And yes, it really is that "simple".

Really? What is the name of the new program?

Can you actually tell the difference between a lie and the truth anymore?

I'm just trying to figure out what their "plans" are for this country.

Considering all their bills are about "abortion" and "gay rights" and "immigration", I'm pretty sure they are trying to place the country on "lockdown". Is that it? That's the goal?

If it isn't, someone please explain what the goal is.

Create 50 independent countries, it would seem.

I know many want to throw out 74 years of Constitutional case law.

They are in essence reactionaries – they harbor this pathetic fantasy of returning the country to ca 1800.

It’s really quite sad.

It does kind of seem like they really hate the United part of the United States of America...

Medicare ended? Yeah?

I'm sorry you had such a bad falling out with Reality, I hope you two can reconcile, find some common ground to at least begin to talk to each other again

I'm just trying to figure out what their "plans" are for this country.

Considering all their bills are about "abortion" and "gay rights" and "immigration", I'm pretty sure they are trying to place the country on "lockdown". Is that it? That's the goal?

If it isn't, someone please explain what the goal is.

Create 50 independent countries, it would seem.

I know many want to throw out 74 years of Constitutional case law.

They are in essence reactionaries – they harbor this pathetic fantasy of returning the country to ca 1800.

It’s really quite sad.

It does kind of seem like they really hate the United part of the United States of America...

It does kind of seem like you're dumb. :eusa_eh:

That's the problem right there; Liberals think Gov't creates jobs. After a massive stimulus (porkulus) program the economy is still in the shitter. When are you clowns gonna' wake up?

No. The current house ran on lowering the debt and fiscal responsibilities. Jobs will be a natural byproduct of that.

The House has been putting in a good fight for it too. Perhaps you should get your Representatives to help them cut the spending in the budget as the people wanted. But instead, you'd rather keep the economy stalled and in fact, make it worse by raising taxes on the people.

People are struggling so naturally you want to take more of their money. You take no thought about cutting the money to Democrat campaign donors... Shocking no?

That's the problem right there; Liberals think Gov't creates jobs. After a massive stimulus (porkulus) program the economy is still in the shitter. When are you clowns gonna' wake up?

They aren't asleep. They know that what they are doing wont help anything. They just want to rob the treasury before most of the people catch on

There is less than a 6% chance that Obama would sign anything passed by House Republicans

And you get this from where? The heavens maybe? Obama has caved on just about everything the Republicans have proposed. The only thing he is currently asking is that there be a small increase in revenue and taxes. But the Republicans don't want that, now do they? The Republicans are doing everything they can to make certain things get worse, making the bet that voters will reward them with complete control of Congress and the White House next year. They might actually pull it off too. On the other hand, it may well backfire and send them packing with their worst defeat ever.

Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, whatever. But as one of your thread titles so succinctly put it, "Medicare is not an option." It's not entirely clear who the insurer for the elderly (well, those elderly who are insured under their proposal) would be; the only thing that's clear is that it would no longer be Medicare (i.e. CMS).

Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, whatever. But as one of your thread titles so succinctly put it, "Medicare is not an option." It's not entirely clear who the insurer for the elderly (well, those elderly who are insured under their proposal) would be; the only thing that's clear is that it would no longer be Medicare (i.e. CMS).

Dems 2008: These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Dems 2011: These two entities — Medicare and Social Security — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

No. The current house ran on lowering the debt and fiscal responsibilities. Jobs will be a natural byproduct of that.

The House has been putting in a good fight for it too. Perhaps you should get your Representatives to help them cut the spending in the budget as the people wanted. But instead, you'd rather keep the economy stalled and in fact, make it worse by raising taxes on the people.

People are struggling so naturally you want to take more of their money. You take no thought about cutting the money to Democrat campaign donors... Shocking no?

Sorry, but the fact is that the wealthy are not struggling at all. In fact, with the stock market doing so well the last couple of years, they are actually doing quite well. It is the middle class and the poor who are taking it in the shorts. With this in mind, it is definitely important to make certain the wealthy continue to do better while cutting every program possible that benefits the middle class and poor.

Wow, you really don't learn, do you?
We had pages and pages of discussion where I showed that changing a program is not the same as eliminating it. That ought to be obvious to anyone with 2 functioning brain cells. Which is why you are back repeating the same crapola like the discussion never happened.

We had pages and pages of discussion where I showed that changing a program is not the same as eliminating it. That ought to be obvious to anyone with 2 functioning brain cells. Which is why you are back repeating the same crapola like the discussion never happened.

Because the facts of the case remain the same. Under the proposal, Medicare will no longer be an insurance option for the elderly. No one (aside from those fortunate enough to be grandfathered into Medicare, assuming Ryan doesn't go after them next) will be able to use Medicare as their health insurance. Medicare will have ended. The "change" to Medicare is that the elderly would no longer have it, they would have to do what the rest of us do if we want health insurance: find a private plan--Aetna or Anthem or whoever--willing to sell it to us. Medicare will no longer exist.

At first I thought you were attempting to deceive others, but now I'm beginning to think that you've actually convinced yourself that there's a distinction between a law stipulating that henceforth (from some date) no one will have Medicare anymore and Medicare being eliminated. Astonishing.

Because the facts of the case remain the same. Under the proposal, Medicare will no longer be an insurance option for the elderly. No one (aside from those fortunate enough to be grandfathered into Medicare, assuming Ryan doesn't go after them next) will be able to use Medicare as their health insurance. Medicare will have ended. The "change" to Medicare is that the elderly would no longer have it, they would have to do what the rest of us do if we want health insurance: find a private plan--Aetna or Anthem or whoever--willing to sell it to us. Medicare will no longer exist.

At first I thought you were attempting to deceive others, but now I'm beginning to think that you've actually convinced yourself that there's a distinction between a law stipulating that henceforth (from some date) no one will have Medicare anymore and Medicare being eliminated. Astonishing.

What will the new program be called?
Oh yeah. It isn't a new program. It is the same program with market based reforms that the Left swears wont work, even though they always do.

What will the new program be called?
Oh yeah. It isn't a new program. It is the same program with market based reforms that the Left swears wont work, even though they always do.

?

I didn't reference a new program in the post you responded to. In fact, I focused entirely on the fact that Medicare--public health insurance for the elderly--will no longer exist under the GOP proposal. Doesn't even seem like this is a disputed point anymore. As it shouldn't be, since that's the crux of the proposal.

Medicare ended? Yeah?

Can you actually tell the difference between a lie and the truth anymore?

Ryancare. The "Republicans screw old people" plan.

I don't care. Call it what you want. But it's not Medicare. It's a "voucher program".

Forum List

Back