Is thinking a race is superior, racist?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I ask because IM2 asslips and paul E always make out whites to be extremely superior to blacks.
Can you hate a race(because they obviously hate whites) for being superior and not be racist? Seems possible.
I mean, its kinda a compliment..

I ask because IM2 asslips and paul E always make out whites to be extremely superior to blacks.
Can you hate a race(because they obviously hate whites) for being superior and not be racist? Seems possible.

Oppression

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oppression
can refer to an authoritarian regime controlling its citizens via state control of politics, the monetary system, media, and the military; denying people any meaningful human or civil rights; and terrorizing the populace through harsh, unjust punishment, and a hidden network of obsequious informants reporting to a vicious secret police force.

Oppression also refers to a less overtly malicious pattern of subjugation, although in many ways this social oppression represents a particularly insidious and ruthlessly effective form of manipulation and control. In this instance, the subordination and injustices do not afflict everyone—instead it targets specific groups of people for restrictions, ridicule, and marginalization. No universally accepted term has yet emerged to describe this variety of oppression, although some scholars will parse the multiplicity of factors into a handful of categories, e.g., social (or sociocultural) oppression; institutional (or legal) oppression; and economic oppression.

That doesn't seem racist. But race baiting is often a visible symptom of racism.

That doesn't seem racist. But race baiting is often a visible symptom of racism.
ar-stormont.jpg

:dunno:

Oppression

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oppression
can refer to an authoritarian regime controlling its citizens via state control of politics, the monetary system, media, and the military; denying people any meaningful human or civil rights; and terrorizing the populace through harsh, unjust punishment, and a hidden network of obsequious informants reporting to a vicious secret police force.

Oppression also refers to a less overtly malicious pattern of subjugation, although in many ways this social oppression represents a particularly insidious and ruthlessly effective form of manipulation and control. In this instance, the subordination and injustices do not afflict everyone—instead it targets specific groups of people for restrictions, ridicule, and marginalization. No universally accepted term has yet emerged to describe this variety of oppression, although some scholars will parse the multiplicity of factors into a handful of categories, e.g., social (or sociocultural) oppression; institutional (or legal) oppression; and economic oppression.
Awesome. Now about the question in the OP

The segment I bolded above "instead it targets specific groups of people for restrictions, ridicule, and marginalization" is exactly what US government/society did when it passed and enforced the racially discriminatory laws that it did.

Animus against an oppressor is not the same thing as racism.
"all white people" oppressed american blacks?
Its just as ignorant as saying all blacks are criminals.
I didnt oppress any of those guys but look at the rhetoric i get.

The segment I bolded above "instead it targets specific groups of people for restrictions, ridicule, and marginalization" is exactly what US government/society did when it passed and enforced the racially discriminatory laws that it did.

Well said. And yet, sometimes that animus does turn into a "we are better than you" thing, which Aesclepias argues all the time. Maybe it's just temper, but it seems genuine enough.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Oppression is still built into the "system," which was produced by whites and still keeps blacks at a disadvantage in a few billion ways. Things are a lot better, but it's not time to sit back and congratulate yourself yet.

This boy is retarded. Talking about how whites are racist now means we think they are superior?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Oppression is still built into the "system," which was produced by whites and still keeps blacks at a disadvantage in a few billion ways. Things are a lot better, but it's not time to sit back and congratulate yourself yet.
Tell me how blacks are oppressed by our system of government.

This boy is retarded. Talking about how whites are racist now means we think they are superior?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
When you talk about whites, its always about how we keep the black man down. How could an inferior race do that? Or an equal one?
Your bitching implies just that.

Well said. And yet, sometimes that animus does turn into a "we are better than you" thing, which Aesclepias argues all the time. Maybe it's just temper, but it seems genuine enough.

I think that if you get told how inferior, backwards and how much your race has never done, when you find examples of how this is untrue, you present them to those making such claims.

I think that if you get told how inferior, backwards and how much your race has never done, when you find examples of how this is untrue, you present them to those making such claims

I could possibly agree with that if your presentation wasn't projected at anyone who reads your post... You have a huge chip on your shoulder and accusations fly fast and furious...

I've never made out whites to be superior. If anything they are inferior. They lack a lot of things but mostly they lack the ability to produce melanin in their skin.

When you talk about whites, its always about how we keep the black man down. How could an inferior race do that? Or an equal one?
They have more guns and control the system? That doesnt imply superiority. That implies a tendency to be violent.

I've never made out whites to be superior. If anything they are inferior. They lack a lot of things but mostly they lack the ability to produce melanin in their skin.
Is that why they have so much control over you, they force blacks to commit half the murders in the country? Generational welfare?
Completely makes sense how someone inferior can do that.
Probably why the mouse always beats the cats ass..

They have more guns and control the system? That doesnt imply superiority. That implies a tendency to be violent.
Lets ignore Blacks history of violence so we can bitch about whitey being violent :rolleyes:

Is that why they have so much control over you, they force blacks to commit half the murders in the country? Generational welfare?
Completely makes sense how someone inferior can do that.
Probably why the mouse always beats the cats ass..
Whites dont have control over me.
I can understand how it confuses you. You think a cat is superior to a mouse just because its bigger. Do you think an elephant is superior because it can beat your ass?

Forum List

Back