Is there already a thread about this?

so then NV, CT, NJ, et al should be sending part of their state licensed gambling revenues to the federal govt as well, right? I mean, it's not my fault that where I live doesn't license gambling, is it? I don't expect profits from Monaco, but Nevada isn't a country by itself, it belongs to the country of the US.

I don't think you'd give a rat's ass about this if Palin wasn't governor of AK; it's been going on for close to 30+ years.

do they offer a kick back to the residents of their state based on those profits? if they do then YES they should reinvest in this country to assist all of it's citizens. However, there is an inherent different between gambling which is a MAN MADE activity and OIL which is found deep in the earth of a state that is connected to the United State.....

this is also of interest to me....

But for all the cries of independence, Alaska is dependent on the federal government. The state receives more federal dollars per resident than any other state, mostly money for military bases and federal capital projects. The cost of living is very high in a state that straddles the Arctic Circle, especially in transportation and public health.

The Return of Alaskan Oil Drilling - TIME

so they are dipping into the public coffers, taking money out that COULD be used to assist us poor slobs who don't live in Alaska and at the same time they are generating 8 billion in revenue from the oil found in their state and then redistrubuting that money to those same residence who also benefit from MY tax dollars with the federal funding they receive. Explain exactly how that seems right?

I think that's double dipping unlike I've ever seen before

I didn't even KNOW about it until Palin became McCain's pick but if I had I'd have cared.

Oh I'm sorry I thought that you meant Los Angeles. :redface:

With regard to oil, they should do the same thing. With regards to access, that resource is the property of the US by statute and by the fact that the Fed pays for its maintenance.
Then there should be no problem with the Fed paying to rebuild LA, right?

Long before we had cars we had boats. We still have them, don't we?
Okay, so you are going to take your boat out to the oil rigs, fill up, and return to shore to fill up your car's gas tank? You and everyone else that is currently supplied through the port of New Orleans?

Okay, so you are going to take your boat out to the oil rigs, fill up, and return to shore to fill up your car's gas tank? You and everyone else that is currently supplied through the port of New Orleans?
No that's how the crew gets out there. Product is sent through pipelines or transferred via ships, just as it is delivered now. :cuckoo:

No that's how the crew gets out there. Product is sent through pipelines or transferred via ships, just as it is delivered now. :cuckoo:
mmkay, think about that for awhile and maybe a light bulb will go off in your head. Maybe rereading the thread will help.

Forum List

Back